THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

new rumor engine

Go down 
+14
yellabelly
Gelmir
Soulless Samurai
Darklord
amishprn86
Burnage
Skulnbonz
Genomir
Scrz
DrunkinChaps44
HERO
Myrvn
DevilDoll
The Strange Dark One
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 14:35

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/30/the-rumour-engine-june-30th-2020/

ok this looks almost exaclty like a witch blade... I dont think its AoS too since the hilt of the blade has that "futuristic" feel but i could be mistaken
tbh it looks like the second blade that Lelith is holding, i wouldnt bet on it but this actually could be a new witch or Lelith model what do you think?
Back to top Go down
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 14:40

Was just about to make a thread about this. I definitely think it is Drukhari and my guess would be Lelith. The armor just above the hand matches and the "ribbon" on the blade matches the new Incubi kit that just came out. It makes sense that they would push Wych Cults because they are in the start collecting.

I didn't think they would make new Drukhari models for a while so if it is, that would be a pleasant surprise. Personally I was hoping for the long overdue Grotesque kit with 3 plastic multipose models but maybe soon. They could do a coven start collecting with a a Hammy, Wracks, Grots and a Talos. I think people would buy multiple in the current meta
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 14:42

Darn it, you beat my own thread by two minutes Razz

Indeed, this looks distinctively like a Wych Cult knife, which could very well be for plastic Lelith Hesperax herself. I agree that the knife doesn't create a fantasy vibe, but you can't be 100% sure. I am only sure it is not for dedicated Bloodbride models.

Anyway, if it is Lelith herself I can imagine her singing in my mind: "I'm a naughty girl, in a naughty realm. I am plastic, it's fantastic."

Edit:
DrunkinChaps44 wrote:
I didn't think they would make new Drukhari models for a while so if it is, that would be a pleasant surprise. Personally I was hoping for the long overdue Grotesque kit with 3 plastic multipose models but maybe soon. They could do a coven start collecting with a a Hammy, Wracks, Grots and a Talos. I think people would buy multiple in the current meta

Definitely. I was hoping for Urien + Grotesques or at least some Mandrakes. At least we know that "Artel W" is working on their own Grotesque kits.

But does GW really do starter boxes that contain online-exclusive models?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 14:48

well tbh i dont know how to feel about it if it IS Lelith then this means no Vect this edition again lol ^_^

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 15:04

Could be Lelith, could be shadow aelves for Sigmar. The knife gives me more fantasy vibes, personally.
Back to top Go down
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 15:40

I wish there was a timeline from tease to model preview for these rumor engines lol. Never know how long you'll have to wait for it to be revealed.

Does anybody know where they have been previewing the faction specific rules excerpts from 9th edition? Like for the Raiding Party rules, the snapshot they showed wasn't from the current codex.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 15:47

DrunkinChaps44 wrote:
I wish there was a timeline from tease to model preview for these rumor engines lol. Never know how long you'll have to wait for it to be revealed.

Does anybody know where they have been previewing the faction specific rules excerpts from 9th edition? Like for the Raiding Party rules, the snapshot they showed wasn't from the current codex.

that was from the faction focus they are doing one for each faction at their community site:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/26/faction-focus-drukharigw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-4/
Back to top Go down
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 16:15

Yeah I meant where are they pulling the rule from? I assume that box in the faction focus that shows the actual text for the rule is pulled from some new book. I suppose it could be the new rulebook but I was curious if it's from some other new book.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 17:11

The online posts have different formats than the rulebooks. Very few are "screenshots" of a codex.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 17:43

Burnage wrote:
Could be Lelith, could be shadow aelves for Sigmar. The knife gives me more fantasy vibes, personally.

Shadow Elves, def.

Sybarite
Scrz

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 18:14

Do you guys think there could be any particular reson they would call it "a tantalising teaser image." ?
Would it be too much to ask to get a plastic model of Malys' personal tantalus?
It is not going to make me start playing 40K again but it will be a step in the right direction.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 18:48

Scrz wrote:
Do you guys think there could be any particular reson they would call it "a tantalising teaser image." ?
Would it be too much to ask to get a plastic model of Malys' personal tantalus?
It is not going to make me start playing 40K again but it will be a step in the right direction.

yeah the "tantalising" part is what makes me think its drukhari and not shadow elf.
Its sure is not Malys or her tantalus although that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 19:28

As much as I'd love to see the finecast kits get redone in plastic, it would be sweet to see some totally new units.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 20:08

Hmm yeah the angle of the cloth bit indicates that it is a blade in motion on a dynamically posed figure and not a hanger on from a modified raider chassi.
Oh well. Maybe 10th edition will be good.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Genomir
Slave
Genomir

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30 2020, 23:17

I'd say it is from the shadow elfs for warcry or general AOS. We had two kits remade last year, if GW tought me anything over the years, then if you aren't Space Marine you get on get something every 5 to 10 years and you damn well be happy about it.

But still, the gauntlet and the blade scream Leilith.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 06:36

OK I'm gonna be optimistic for a change and convince myself this is lelith until proven otherwise...
I mean the more I look at it and the model it is clear it's the same freaking gauntleted hand holding the same blade just with a little ribbon attached to it JUST like we got on the new incubi... Also "tantalising" is not by chance
It's her >_<

Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 12:58

It had better NOT be lelith.
Seriously.
We have two.. count em, two sculpts of lelith already, and one is not that old, and looks great.
If this is Dark eldar, which I hope it is but think it is not, it had better be Malys or a new wych character... hell, I would even be happy if it was krughela the vile. Yeah, I said it.
We have monopose grotesques, we have a lhameian figure that looks like she got stagefright in front of an audience, we have freaking razorwing flocks that people use cake toppers to represent!
But noooo... do a reprint of a good model that has multiple sculpts. Yeah, thats the ticket!
They took from our army what...
malys
Krughela
Sathonix
Dracons
trueborn
Bloodbrides
The named mandrake guy with the long name.. what was it, kredurack the decapitator?
ALL of our HQ's on bikes

But no, rather than give us back one of these, the pop out another version of Lelith.

Seriously.

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 14:03

I'm actually coming around to the idea that this is Lelith (the knife is an exact match for one in her current sculpt), so clearly GW are prioritising updating resin models over producing ones for new units.

Sucks a bit, but not much we can do about it and I'm at least happy to be getting the update.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 14:36

100% is a wych and is DE, can easily see that.

Now the question is, is it something new or a resculpt of Lelith.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Darklord
Hellion
Darklord

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 14:37

"Plastic Little Lilith" could be a nice models.
But I want real new characters

Skulnbonz wrote:
ALL of our HQ's on bikes
Last sunday I imagined a largest flying character : a succubus mounted on surf pulled by two reavers.

But it is just a dream...
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 14:40

Skulnbonz wrote:
Seriously.
We have two.. count em, two sculpts of lelith already, and one is not that old, and looks great.
If this is Dark eldar, which I hope it is but think it is not, it had better be Malys or a new wych character... hell, I would even be happy if it was krughela the vile. Yeah, I said it.
We have monopose grotesques, we have a lhameian figure that looks like she got stagefright in front of  an audience, we have freaking razorwing flocks that people use cake toppers to represent!
But noooo... do a reprint of a good model that has multiple sculpts. Yeah, thats the ticket!
malys
Krughela
Sathonix
Dracons
trueborn
Bloodbrides
The named mandrake guy with the long name.. what was it, kredurack the decapitator?
ALL of our HQ's on bikes

But no, rather than give us back one of these, the pop out another version of Lelith.

Seriously.

Absolutely this. Literally the only models we've had in the last decade have been re-sculpts of existing ones (and half of them weren't even improvements over the old sculpts).

I don't even want other special characters at this point. What I want is more variety and customisation for our basic HQs. Jetbikes, Wings, Skyboards, physical alterations via Hameonculi, etc. How about the current Archon becomes a Dracon and we get an Archon who's the overall army-leader (not just the Kabal-leader)? How about a generic Mandrake HQ?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see our host of lost special characters return. My issue is that we shouldn't *need* them just because our basic HQs have had everything useful and interesting stripped away. I know others will likely disagree, but for me special characters should be secondary behind a solid selection of generic HQs.

Skulnbonz likes this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 14:41

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Skulnbonz wrote:
Seriously.
We have monopose grotesques, we have a lhameian figure that looks like she got stagefright in front of  an audience, we have freaking razorwing flocks that people use cake toppers to represent!
malys
Krughela
Sathonix
Dracons
trueborn
Bloodbrides
ALL of our HQ's on bikes

Seriously.

Absolutely this. Literally the only models we've had in the last decade have been re-sculpts of existing ones (and half of them weren't even improvements over the old sculpts).

I don't even want other special characters at this point. What I want is more variety and customisation for our basic HQs. Jetbikes, Wings, Skyboards, physical alterations via Hameonculi, etc. How about the current Archon becomes a Dracon and we get an Archon who's the overall army-leader (not just the Kabal-leader)? How about a generic Mandrake HQ?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to see our host of lost special characters return. My issue is that we shouldn't *need* them just because our basic HQs have had everything useful and interesting stripped away. I know others will likely disagree, but for me special characters should be secondary behind a solid selection of generic HQs.

2 were down grades and we lost wargear b.c of it.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 15:19

It does look like a Cult blade, and if it is, I hope it's a Succubus on a jetbike. If there is one thing we need, it's an HQ that can actually keep up with our army instead of running after it waving pompoms... (-_-)

yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06 2020, 14:07

I'm 99% certain this is Drukhari. If it weren't for the fact that I actually play Drukhari and so naturally feel cautious of being too optimistic, I'd be laughing at anyone trying to suggest it was anything else.

The biggest giveaway that it isn't AoS shadow elf stuff is the metal studs on the knuckles. Those are on kabalites, wyches, incubi etc where they have gloved hands. Look at the new Khainite Shadow Stalkers etc, bare hands, no knuckle studs. Also the segmented armour over the wrists is pure Drukhari. If this is anything else, then they haven't just borrowed design queues, they have stolen the Drukhari design aesthetic completely.

Slave
Crucible of Sorrow

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14 2020, 02:20

Pretty sure this is the new Warcry Dark Elf faction.

It's the guy on the right's weapon.

new rumor engine Khainite-Shadowstalkers-2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new rumor engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: new rumor engine   new rumor engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new rumor engine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next