THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal" Empty
PostSubject: Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"   Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27 2021, 18:31

Hear me out here.

The Realspace Raider detachment.
All Kabal, Cult and Coven units gain an obsessions. So, the normal obsession for whatever Kabal, Cult or Coven you give them, right?

Nowhere am I reading, that every (for example) Kabal unit in a Realspace Raider detachment has to be the SAME Kabal.

Granted, normal rtles of "if every unit in a detachment", but Realspace is a rule overriding that because not every unit in the detachment is the same Kabal/Cult/Coven, right?

Am I just blind, or is that not part of the rule?

(I fully expect it to be FAQed if it isn't in there now.)

Gelmir likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"   Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27 2021, 22:09

That's a good catch. I didn't think about that. If it's written as intended, then that makes the realspace raid even more versatile. I also have not found anything that explicitly says that the units must be from the same sub faction.

-edit-

If you want to take it further, the rules for a trueborn (and others) don't require that they be part of the same subfaction either, just that they be in the same detachment.

I haven't found anything to contest this, but it looks like based on RAW, you could use a Black Heart Master Archon with Obsidian Rose Trueborn within a Realspace Raid detachment.

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"   Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 10:03

I think the Trueborn one would come under "every unit gets an Obsesion if from the same <Kabal/whatever>".
The Realspace raiders rule already breaks that, so it becomes questionable.

Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"   Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 18:36

I think I found it. On p. 88: "If your army is battleforged, you can only include units from 1 kabal, one cult, and one coven in the same detachment." That would extend to Realspace raiders so you could only have 3 unique obsessions, 1 per subfaction.

Kind of hidden, but I think that fixes it.

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"   Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 19:47

I'm not too pleased with this amount of rules-lawyering. Just seems like trying to break someone's new toy. I wouldn't feel great going against someone trying to do this in a casual game. I may decide not to play them at all.

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"   Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 13:12

Stea1k wrote:
I think I found it. On p. 88: "If your army is battleforged, you can only include units from 1 kabal, one cult, and one coven in the same detachment." That would extend to Realspace raiders so you could only have 3 unique obsessions, 1 per subfaction.

Kind of hidden, but I think that fixes it.

Ah, that would explain it. So it seems the intention is that you can mix any detachment, not just the Realspace Raiders one.

fisheyes wrote:
I'm not too pleased with this amount of rules-lawyering. Just seems like trying to break someone's new toy. I wouldn't feel great going against someone trying to do this in a casual game. I may decide not to play them at all.

Just saying.

Oh, I'm not trying to lawyer it, I figured it was an oversight that might end up being errataed.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"   Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realspace Raiders - I'm not 100% the rules as written say "same Kabal"
Page 1 of 1