THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to beat Admech

Go down 
+2
Vailex
Dalamar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 20:32

Looking for some tips on beating Admech. Stygies or Mars, doesnt matter just general tips like secondaries, units to focus on, what strat to vect etc.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 20:59

Try to kill their Vanguard, Breachers, and Rangers first.  They’re obsec and fairly squishy for Ad Mech.  If they gave Las Cannon or Auto Cannon Chicken Walkers try to take them out early as well.  They’re perfect targets for or DLs.  If they’re Mars and have Dakka Bots, you have to either hide or go super aggressive early because we cannot weather more than 1-2 turns of fully buffed Castellan using Wrath of Mars against us.  Each robot can kill a unit on its own.  Seriously, if you’ve ever experienced it, it is soul-crushing.  And maybe try to do a suicide run early to kill Cawl and the Daedalosus as they make the army run much more efficiently.  If they have Electropriests, know where they are at ALL times.  And for god’s sake screen them so they can’t charge anything on an objective or else they’ll have a 2++ if they kill something.  

Wyches being able to trap they’re squishy troops or transports in combat with nets will be game winning as they are in many respects a perfect counter to our army.  Normal secondaries such as Engage, Scramblers, etc.  Anything that we score end of turn and don’t have to survive until next turn. They’re a tough matchup for us, maybe the toughest so good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 21:42

Thanks that helps. I didnt fully realize the wyches could keep vehicles in combat. Thought it was non-vehicles but the rules are clear.

Ya I have seen the robots in action. They are nasty. Didnt know the electro priests could bet a 2++. Thats nuts.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 22:01

Yeah I expect that to go away once there new Dex drops.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 16:07

What exactly is giving you the most trouble? I have not played against Ad Mech since early 8th, not too familiar with their current builds
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:23

Oh this is for everyone's benefit. Admech are pretty much a top tier army right now and I am sure ill face one at a tourney this Saturday. Plus they get a new codex next which could make them even stronger.
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:31

Vailex wrote:
Oh this is for everyone's benefit.  Admech are pretty much a top tier army right now and I am sure ill face one at a tourney this Saturday.  Plus they get a new codex next which could make them even stronger.

If nothing else they'll get 1d3+3 damage on their Twin Cognis Lascannons and Neutron Lasers, according to leaks, so we have that to look forward to!
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:32

One thing to add about the Dakka Bots, if you face them.  Remember, only vehicles IN engagement range may shoot into close combat.  If he brings a squadron of them, try to tag one on the end. If they’re locked down in double shoot mode, they can’t move, which means he can’t pile in and consolidate the the others to shoot you.  You’re still taking 18 shots, but it’s a lot better than 18 x number of robots in the unit shots.

Just thought of one more. Serberys Raiders have a strat that makes them literally unable to be charged because they can move if you declare a charge against them. Most competitive Ad Mech lists use these to screen early game. However, with our CoS strat, we’re able to move through models when we charge, which could be a great way to counter their unchargeable screening units and get to their characters or tie up their shooting units.

Last edited by sweetbacon on Wed Apr 07 2021, 14:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:35

Only ever played against them once, which was at the London GT in 8e. Got my arse handed to me. They were absolutely brutal and I knew nothing about their army so didn't know where to begin trying to counter them.

These are useful tips.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:53

Some basic "anti-gunline" tactics would be to charge from behind LoS blocking terrain (cant overwatch what you cant see), and consolidating into squads so they cant shoot (but can punch you).

How deep should we go with this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to beat Admech Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to beat Admech   How to beat Admech I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to beat Admech
Page 1 of 1