THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Homage AdMech character

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

Homage AdMech character Empty
PostSubject: Homage AdMech character   Homage AdMech character I_icon_minitimeSat May 28 2016, 14:38

Posting this here because Painting & Modeling is apparently Eldar-exclusive. Neutral

Homage AdMech character Battle_angel_alita_by_wallace
This is Alita (aka. Gally) from the underrated manga classic Battle Angel Alita (aka. Gunnm). She was one of a group of Martian cyborg assassins, whose signature fighting style revolves around arm-mounted blades and sonic attacks.
Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Personally, I don't think that the Ruststalkers' parallels to the "Panzer Kunstlers" are mere coincidence. Very Happy

Anyway, I'm playing with the idea of trying out AdMech, once my current Dark Eldar army is complete, and I would love to include a homage to this character into my new army. Ofcourse, I'll have to make sure she would not look out of place amongst Ruststalkers, but I still want her to look more human than the typical Skitarii.

The big problem is: I have no clue as to what model I could use as the base!
There is obviously no suitable 40k model, and I don't know very much about the model ranges of companies other than GW, so I'm asking you guys for ideas.

Last edited by Rokuro on Fri Jun 03 2016, 20:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Homage AdMech character   Homage AdMech character I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 04:08

I've been buying up sedition wars box sets to bulk out my renegade mutant rabble and zombies... but the chick in the middle comes in each box and reminds me of Alita. She's even fairly lithe/small, as that's a 25mm base.

Homage AdMech character Seditionfigs02

You'd have to replace her arms of course (which end at the elbow) but she's resin anyway so easy to modify. Her head is also modular so it could probably be set at another angle pretty easily.

The problem here is that I don't think you could buy her without dropping $30+ on the box set.  The good news though is that it's well worth it if you're not strictly into GW models as there are 50 models inside including sci-fi themed bases. The 8 dice inside are also pretty decent and have become my go-tos.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Homage AdMech character   Homage AdMech character I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 23:32

Thank you. Those models look pretty good, though not exactly what I had in mind.

But now I actually got an idea how to build the cyborg girl I want with GW bits:
Homage AdMech character 00911
The chest is from a Scourge, but the plates do look a bit like those on the Kataphron Servitors. The back is from a Hellion, but I might change that if I end up giving her a cape or a coat.
The head is from the Immolator gunner, probably the only female non-elf plastic head GW has ever made.
And I gotta say; the lips are spot-on! Homage AdMech character Rofl

Homage AdMech character Schmol10
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Homage AdMech character   Homage AdMech character I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11 2016, 00:46

I'm currently thinking about giving her the legs of a Catachan guardsman. Necron legs turned out too long, but I will probably use shortened Necron arms on her. My other alternative would be Tau warrior arms, but the geometric shoulder pads might look off, and I would actually prefer her to have at least visible bionic arms.

Her hands will definitely come from Necrons and be magnetized: An empty one for the Chord Claw, one holding a Transsonic Razor and one holding a Taser Goad (representing the Phase Taser, just in case). Also, I might build another pair of arms with attached Transsonic Blades, although I don't think they are a great option.

On her back will either be a typical Mechanicus generator pack or a cape (possibly both, magnetized).

EDIT: Scrap that. Catachan legs are too wide around the hips to fit a Wych body onto, and Necron arms just look too fragile.
What I'm now planing to do is to takes some Green Stuff and remodel Wych or Hellion arms to look like Colonel Straken's. For the legs, I'll take those of the Harlequin Starweaver gunner, but replacing the boots with a pair from Catachan guardsmen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homage AdMech character   Homage AdMech character I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homage AdMech character
Page 1 of 1