THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Will AdMech steal the show from us?

Go down 
+16
sekac
Zenotaph
CptMetal
mattblowers
Yziel
Patayou
Soulless Samurai
Count Adhemar
toldavf
sweetbacon
Burnage
Into the darkness
Vailex
Gizamaluke
Fauxmonculus
GreyArea
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Will AdMech steal the show from us? Empty
PostSubject: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 14:59

Just a quick survey to know your thought about the recently released AdMech codex......will it steal our place under the sun or do we have the tools to put them where they belong? (in a scrapyard)
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 15:14

I hope so. All that Drukhari hate really puts a dampener on my mood.

commandersasha and Swordxart like this post

Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 16:13

Ad Mech, I think based on what I’ve seen so far, are the most powerful army in the game now. The amount of offensive and defensive buffs they have is truly staggering. However, the army is EXTREMELY complex due to the layers upon layers of rules GW stacked on them. I think it will impose a heavy cognitive load on players in a multiple game tournament setting. For players like Siegler or Hertel, this probably won’t matter but it could impose a ceiling on less experienced players. Plus they’re famously the most expensive army model wise in the game. And people might not have 60 Rangers or Vanguard just lying around. So there could be some hobby lag before we see then truly start to dominate. But to answer the question, yes, once people in “the wild” start seeing how insanely lethal Ad Mech are now, I think they’ll switch their outrage to them.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 17:10

The far more interesting question is:
Will we see a load of cool, heartbeat-raising matches with the new Codex?
Or is it the same as it was with our Dex? Pick out just the most lethal, but unenjoyable, Quirks and play with that?

Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 17:53

It kind of depends on what playstyle comes out on top. If the best build turns out the be a gunline it's not going to be very interesting. If it's a combined arms list that does a bit of everything I think it could be a quite fun army to play against and a welcome change from power armour blobs parking centre table and not dying.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 20:02

Playing against a combined arms Ad Amech list full of insane shooting and multiple units of Electro Priests is a lot of things but I’m not sure “fun” is one of them😂
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 20:14

Sounds more fun than playing against a parking lot at least.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26 2021, 20:28

A parking lot is almost an auto lose in 9th.
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeThu May 27 2021, 14:02

Zenotaph wrote:
I hope so. All that Drukhari hate really puts a dampener on my mood.

I'm with you with this feeling.

Even if they are stronger competitively I doubt they'll take away the hatred for drukhari.
Maybe it's just the internet circles I move in but the drukhari hate is the strongest I've seen for a faction since the start of 8th. I fear even a rebalancing of our codex's strongest combos won't satisfy the community, I think they want blood (nerfed into the ground for our sins).

I suspect drukhari will be like tau from previous editions and struggle to shake the reputation of being "broken" long after the meta has moved on.

I hope I'm wrong about this though. The online hate has really taken the fun out of our new book for me. Some of my favourite content creators have been saying drukhari are a "zero skill army" and inserting passive-aggressive clips into their vids saying "fuk drukhari".

Before our new dex I tended to deliberately handicap myself in my local gaming group games to avoid the stigmatizing label of a "tryhard player". I have only played one game with the new dex for fear that just being a drukhari player will give me this label now.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28 2021, 16:42

Im loving how much hate the Ad Mech are getting now. Everyone complaining in a knee jerk reaction, same as the last 3 codicies.

Doesnt seem "broken", just strong in a way we have not yet seen. Same thing we went through.

We will all just need to learn how to play this new gunline type army.

Oh, and please dont add to the Ad Mech hate out there. We all know how bad that felt, lets support our brothers in (mechanical) arms.

commandersasha, The Strange Dark One and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28 2021, 21:14

After hearing from some friends, i don't think the Admech are in a broken zone at all.
i'm not a Admech player so i'm not aware of everything related to them, but if i get it correctly, almost all their troops are now insane but all their Castellan or other big hitters from 8th have been nerfed (from what i heard, to take lightly lol)

is there already any results?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 16:10

My competitive play group has some first reactions. Basically NEARLY Dark Eldar level strong, but not quite.

Certainly not OP.

But these guys continue to show me why DE are not OP (by thoroughly kicking my ass at every oportunity Wink ), so your Meta may vary.

No question they are stronger than the 8th edition codex's out there. My gut tells me that Sisters will be the next "OMG" faction.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 21:23

well, the good news is that people have now figured out how to deal with us, so slowly, could it be that we are getting somewhere close to a balanced game? 9th edition codexes vs 9th edition codexes i think now everything is close to being playable, mind you, i know some codexes are slightly better than another, but i don't think that there is any game that are not worth trying at all anymore....Now if only those slow-lower-species could get their hand on their 9th edition Codexes.....
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:34

Got a chance to play against them. They are strong, people will be surprised what their troops alone can do and las chickens are stupid good. I predict they will win some tournaments. The Pteraxi guys may get faq'd but right now they can fly in, flamer you, then fly away the same turn. With the change to scramblers though they have to stick around.
Back to top Go down
Fauxmonculus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05 2021, 23:43

A few weeks ago I played the new Drukhari codex against the old AdMech codex and smashed them easily. Today I played against the new AdMech codex and got smashed easily. Same opponent both times.

I don't think they're OP but they definitely can't be taken lightly.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05 2021, 23:56

But thats the point! They shouldnt. Otherwise its no fun...

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06 2021, 00:20

in a perfect world with a perfect game (and we know that we are far from both), every factions should have a chance against every faction. None shall be called unplayable or unbeatable.
And so far, i don't have a ton a data to support my point, but i feel that we're getting a little bit closer to that goal with every new codex being released.
And with the frequency being accelerated recently, this will be even more good for the meta in general
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2021, 15:42

Have not had the pleasure of playing against the new AdMech, but the talk is that they are still "pretty good".

Sisters got released last weekend, waiting to see some actual results before I parrot what others are saying. My gut tells me that they are similarly powered to AdMech.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2021, 16:05

A friend of mine plays both, AdMech and Sisters. He said, AdMech is definetly more powerful.

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07 2021, 17:05

i would have thought that Sisters would have received a lot of love just so that they can easily sell all the gorgeous new models they released for them recently.....maybe i will be wrong on that claim then Wink but will have to wait and see!

I don't follow the competitive scene at all, but does the tide have calmed a little bit around us? are we still the boogeyman of this recent edition? or are we back in a fair place?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08 2021, 12:13

Latest results still have a fair amount of DE in the top 5. Generally 1-2 of the 5 are DE.

We are seeing less play, but the win% still appears to be pretty high. Now, these events are using pre-FAQ rules and points.

It will be a few weeks before we get an idea of a Post-FAQ world. We were already going down as a win% (70 to 60% win rate), the FAQ should bring us in line with the other factions (if my crystal ball is working correctly)
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08 2021, 12:16

Its too early to tell with really with both sisters and admech.  Give them a few months.  Internal balance inside both codex's got better and a few extra rule layers were added.  Hell you need a damn flow chart to play admech.  

The game is getting a bit more complicated.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08 2021, 13:05

Personally, I would like to remove Strategems from the game. Really added an unnecessary level of complexity to the game IMHO.

Back in the day, a Tactical Squad was just WYSIWYG. Now you got to remember they have Melta Bombs, possibly fall back and shoot, extra punchy, extra shooty, extra durable, etc.

But maybe its just rose tinted glasses...
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08 2021, 13:15

From what I've seen floating around the two stratagems they have for Rangers and Vanguard are a bit broken but if you soften up the unit that wants to use them (or use Vect on one, kill the other) you can remove some of that nastiness.
Apparently running troops and such as Lucius for massive defensive butts with your heavy shooting as Mars is the way people are going, I've yet to face them but looking forward to it. The pteradax thing sounds broken though since you can't interact with them.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08 2021, 14:05

Same, have yet to play against the new AdMech, not many of those players in my group.

My gut tells me that CoS will be even more valuable. Ignore Overwatch and Super Choppy Mode with a squad of 10pt wyches should delete most medium/light infantry in the game.

Getting there in the first place may be a little harder...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will AdMech steal the show from us?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next