THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good?

Go down 
+22
Patayou
Sarcron
SERAFF
sweetbacon
KiriONE
GreyArea
Skulnbonz
fisheyes
Sess
toldavf
The Strange Dark One
krayd
amishprn86
sekac
Zenotaph
commandersasha
Burnage
Vailex
Dalamar
Cerve
Barking Agatha
Count Adhemar
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good?   Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19 2021, 10:11

There are plently of tournament results showing the contrary with people going undefeated against Drukhari or 4-1 playing against only Drukhari in tournaments. And this is against tournament players with minmaxed Drukhari lists, some of those counter lists I'm not even sure Drukhari could beat without extensive tailoring.

It's 100% possible to tailor against Drukhari, not all armies can do so successfully but many can.

Drukhari winrates at tournaments have already gone down a ton, it's still a bit high but it has gone down a lot now that counters are showing up.
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good?   Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19 2021, 13:26

KiriONE wrote:

Putting my business hat on for a second, GW is probably enjoying the fact that Drukhari are getting so much notoriety since the book came out. As I pointed out in another thread, they NEEDED to do something with this book since the faction has pretty much been languishing for several years. While I don't have access to exact numbers, I'd hazard a guess that the recent sales of DE kits has probably done well enough that it's going to exceed it's 2020 sales fairly quickly.

This is a good point and often an overlooked factor in meta discussion. Money...GW likes it and so does its share holders. New model releases tend to be the most powerful in order to sell models. GW does not want to sell anymore finecast then they have to so those models tend to have poorer rules/pts as finecast probably has a lower profit margin. Eventually they will phase it out completely but even things like predators and tactical squads sort of fall into this category.

Might not be a bad idea to lock this thread as it seems to have run its course.
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good?   Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19 2021, 15:25

That's objectively not true. Newer book releases tend to be better than older books but the same does not follow for models.

Balancing for maximized sales is some sort of urban legend that floats around that makes virtually no sense with what is actually happening. New units are just as often garbage as they are good. And for a lot of codexes old garbage models that are basically not even sold anymore are among the most competitive.
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good?   Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20 2021, 15:34

Yziel wrote:
That's objectively not true. Newer book releases tend to be better than older books but the same does not follow for models.

Balancing for maximized sales is some sort of urban legend that floats around that makes virtually no sense with what is actually happening. New units are just as often garbage as they are good. And for a lot of codexes old garbage models that are basically not even sold anymore are among the most competitive.

Going to have to disagree with you there. There are a few caveats (SM Reivers) but newer models do usually have better rules. GW is not exactly pushing Land Raiders right now. Is it perfect math no but this has been a trend for a long time. GW is a models company first. Thats where they make the majority of their money. There is lower margin and production rate on finecast, if you sell out of fine cast models and cannot meet demand that is lost money. They are actively trying to replace finecast as much as possible.

Where our wires may have crossed is just how much better are the rules for newer models. That can very from slightly better to holy god Drazhar.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good?   Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 20 2021, 17:24

i really think this topic will fade from memory pretty quickly once the Admech Codex is available in stores. I can't wait to see our Raiders becoming mere fireworks in front of them and our troops disappears like dust in the wind.
I hope you enjoyed being the king of the hill because soon there will be a new sheriff in town and it wont be funny at all.

i'll be more than happy to be wrong on this one but i seriously doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good?   Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goonhammer article - Are Drukhari Too Good?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8