THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Morodant
Slave

Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list Empty
PostSubject: Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list   Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 18:06

Fellow Archons, good day.

I have been playing fantasy for some time but am slowly veering towards 40k and I must say that DE had a heavy hand in this doing.

I have first started collecting units that appealed to me rather than going for what may been optimal choices. I will list below that models I own and would be much grateful if someone who help me progress towards a competitive 750 pts list.

1 haemonculus

the DE battalion

5 x Scourges
5 x Hellions
5 x Wracks
5 x Mandrakes (i know, i know...)
Venom

Thank you kindly for your help and good reaving!

Morodant
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list   Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 18:28

to be honest you dont have enough transports for a 750 list. but here is my best shot for you.

70- Haemie w/ Shattershard, venomblade
218- 9 Wyches w/ Haywires, Hekatrix w/ PGL, Agoniser in Raider w/ Nightshields
135- 5 Warriors w/ Blaster in Venom w/ 2nd Cannon, Nightshields
81- 3 Reavers w/ blaster
130- 5 Scourges w/ 2 Haywire Blasters
115- Ravager w/ Nightshields

total: 749 points

basically all you would need to buy is 1 ravager (which every army should have at the start) and the rest you have. Its light on troops imho, but itll do for now.
Back to top Go down
Morodant
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list   Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 18:38

Thanks for that, friend!

No need to worry about the lack of models, I'll expand soon enough. This really is just a starting point. With that in mind, could you -or anyone else- point me at what I should get next to round things up? I'm sure a ravager, a raider and at least 3 more reavers wouldn't be a half bad idea...
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list   Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 18:44

I posted a starter DE army for 5th edition Here

The only thing I would change is probably drop the flickerfields for nightshields, and drop the prows for something (as tank shocking and ramming isnt that good anymore) but overall its a decent army to start off with even now. all the instructions are there in the second post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list   Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noob to DE and 40k, help needed for first list
Page 1 of 1