THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Hyperthetical Question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

A Hyperthetical Question. Empty
PostSubject: A Hyperthetical Question.   A Hyperthetical Question. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30 2022, 17:40

Is it possible to build a sound list with enough anti-tank to play comfortably against other armies which doesn't have Raider,Ravagers,Jets or Bombers?

I was thinking running an army which relies on Talos/Cronos,Reavers and Scourges backed by Helions and Kabalite Dark Lance to shoot in a hord of Wracks and Mandrakes with squads of Incubi in Venom.

I wish the force to be predominately Drukhari as not to loose obsessions, but would adding Aeldari,Corsairs or Harlequins be an option?
Back to top Go down
Niurvindol
Hellion
Niurvindol

PostSubject: Re: A Hyperthetical Question.   A Hyperthetical Question. I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2022, 07:54

I would say that you probably want at least 1 raider to protect a nice stack of warriors and give you that hard to kill two dark lances, but ultimately, if you’re focusing on big wrack swarms, the talos/cronos gives you a some nice big fellas to deal with vehicles.
Also, I’ve had some good luck with a couple of the strategems that we have that increase poison damage to vehicles
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: A Hyperthetical Question.   A Hyperthetical Question. I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2022, 20:28

Sorry, just to clairify, is your desire to bring Anti Tank without taking Raiders/Ravagers/Aircraft. Or do you want to take enough Anti Tank to deal with opposing Raiders/Ravagers/Aircraft?

When playing with your buddies, Talos/Cronos/Reavers/Scourge can absolutely bring enough Anti Tank to the table.

When souping in other Elves, the best way to do it is thru Patrols. You can bring 3 Patrols in a 2000 point game, and make them any combination of CWE/Harlies/Dark Eldar
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: A Hyperthetical Question.   A Hyperthetical Question. I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2022, 05:28

I used to use a 20kab (poison tongue) with 2 dark lance and 2 blaster in WWP. The unit was always underestimated by the opponent, because it's just kabs. But a drop at 9" and 32 poison shot of metallotoxins + 4 lance type shots lays waste to most non-super heavy vehicles.

I then stopped using it because in my meta, nobody was using vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Hyperthetical Question.   A Hyperthetical Question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Hyperthetical Question.
Page 1 of 1