THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

One Page Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2022, 16:03

I was wondering, if anybody else is using the free one Page Rules.
They seem to be much more balanced than the 40k Rules and they are free.
They use actions and reactions and activations squad by squad not player by player.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2022, 03:46

I haven't seen these rules yet, would ot be possible to get a link?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2022, 10:38

Archon_91 wrote:

Here you go:

https://onepagerules.com/portfolio/grimdark-future/

I can't vouch for them myself (and, given the lack of customisation, I don't think they're my cup of tea) but I have seen others speak highly of them.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2022, 15:48

Honestly, I would have rather just stayed in 7th edition.. but with *good* rules for all armies, and no formations.

The one page rules are kinda neat, but a bit too simplistic for my liking.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2022, 20:27

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Archon_91 wrote:

Here you go:

https://onepagerules.com/portfolio/grimdark-future/

I can't vouch for them myself (and, given the lack of customisation, I don't think they're my cup of tea) but I have seen others speak highly of them.

Thank you!

This looks like it has potential ... and like it was made by fans of 40k that got sick of GW power creep and army bloat, I'm sure at some point there will be more customization and additional unit types
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2022, 10:03

I want to try them with my friends because of the balance and the one-squad-after-the-other activation.

What good is customization at all costs if you cannot maintain balance?

Wych
Archon_91

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2023, 17:15

Played several games of the OPR: Grimdark future and have to say it's pretty fun love the flow of the game, it's balance, and the "I go you go" activation of units, wondering if anyone else has played any games and what they think of it
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2023, 11:44

CptMetal wrote:
I want to try them with my friends because of the balance and the one-squad-after-the-other activation.

What good is customization at all costs if you cannot maintain balance?

The main problem is not customization.
You can't have a balanced game when your status-quo changes with every new book.

Yet, one of GW's main business pillars is to to release new army books every month or so. For them, it is preferable to have a game that is kept fresh even if it comes detrimental to balance.

The best way is to balance all the armies at the same time, with small adjustments to react to the meta. But then you can't sell/advertise a new Codex every month or so.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2023, 20:34

The Strange Dark One wrote:

The best way is to balance all the armies at the same time, with small adjustments to react to the meta. But then you can't sell/advertise a new Codex every month or so.

If GW would just bite the bullet and do that, then they would be able to focus on the models, which is what they usually claim to care the most about anyway.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2023, 18:58

Just a quick note here, OPRs latest update added wings, hoverboards, and jetbikes as wargear options to "our" leaders!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Page Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Page Rules   One Page Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Page Rules
Page 1 of 1