THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?

Go down 
+5
Aroshamash
Lady Malys
Ebonhart
Shadows Revenge
Beaviz81
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Beaviz81
In Exile

How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? Empty
PostSubject: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2012, 18:19

I'm totally at a loss were to put this, but that's besides the point.

I just wonders if it would be possible for a Planetary Governor to trick the Dark Eldar.

Basically the story goes like this:

PG is aiming nukes at an extremely Genestealer-Cultist-infested hive, Dark Eldars arrive, the PG pretends to be stupid as the DE Archon promises to protect that hive, he then proceeds to send the fleet into high alert, but lets the DE land at that hive (the planet is under siege from Orks and Words Bearers already. It ends with the Archon being killed a few times by Vect himself then having to go after that PG and his mate due to the Genestealer-infestation they caused, and the nuke the PG sent as a parting present.

I have doubts, but the only buddy of mine I can discuss this with thinks it's brilliant. So please don't rip my head off if you don't like it as it's only a suggestion for a storyline.

Disregard this first thingy, I won't use it.

Last edited by Beaviz81 on Sun Jan 29 2012, 17:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2012, 19:45

Is it possible... probably...

Is it probable??? Not in the slightest.

First off, DE are known for their cunning and ruthlessness, especially an Archon. If he was that dumb to try and make a deal with a Govenor and not see a double-cross coming... well then he wouldnt of made it pass Sybarite (heck, he probably wouldnt of even lived that long to become a warrior). DE society is all about politics and deception, so to be fulled by a lowly Mon-Keigh would probably not only humliate him, but he would of been deposed of quickly by a Dracon.

That being said, go ahead and do what you want fluff wise. The beauty of 40k is that anything is possible. Just know that it is highly improbable, and you will be snobbed at by fluff gurus

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2012, 20:03

I agree, it sounds a bit Brighthammy for me. Sure a Dark Eldar might be tricked by a Mon-Kieg, but not that easily nor obvious.

Planetary Governor letting you land in order to "protect" hive? What's the kicker?

Other suggestions are welcome, as I sort of want the Archon to have a grudge against the Mon-Kieg as I really love the Dark Eldar.

Of course the PG is basically a double-crossing Starscream himself who only wants a planet to rule which complications in forms of outside forces basically makes everything he strives for go to hell sending him fleeing from yet another planet he wanted to rule in a controlled withdrawal.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2012, 07:24

you need a reason to hate the Mon-kieg? they're ugly and they breed like warp rabbits, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2012, 13:10

Ebonhart wrote:
you need a reason to hate the Mon-kieg? they're ugly and they breed like warp rabbits, problem solved.

I can't see the Dark Eldar really hate a Mon-Kieg, for them humans are playthings. You just don't hate your toys even if your sadistically love to break them in any way possible. They might loathe the humans, but never hate as that is an extremely strong feeling for the superior Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2012, 14:39

you could always have it as the Archon is after the planetary govenor for launching the nukes right when he was about to come in and take everything. DE are typically raiders of oppotunity. So a planet being seiged by both CSM, Orks, and Tyranids would be a wonderful target since its already wrecked, and whatever riches could be claimed would be easy to take. So if the Govenor Launched some Deathstrikes at say... a Hive City... to get rid of all 3 forces, and it just so happened that the DE look like they are about to raid, and get a good chunk of the realspace raid force gets demolished by said missles. Im sure that Archon is going to be out for blood.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 17:08

Shadows Revenge wrote:
you could always have it as the Archon is after the planetary govenor for launching the nukes right when he was about to come in and take everything. DE are typically raiders of oppotunity. So a planet being seiged by both CSM, Orks, and Tyranids would be a wonderful target since its already wrecked, and whatever riches could be claimed would be easy to take. So if the Govenor Launched some Deathstrikes at say... a Hive City... to get rid of all 3 forces, and it just so happened that the DE look like they are about to raid, and get a good chunk of the realspace raid force gets demolished by said missles. Im sure that Archon is going to be out for blood.

Yeah very nice suggestion. He would be out for blood then, and a fluke with one of the missiles entering Commorragh could occur if a Dark Eldar Slave Ship came through the webway with the missile striking by at the same moment (the Mon-Kiegs of course would be none the wiser, for them the missile vanished into thin air. Some might not like that suggestion, as for me, it could happen, but why is that Archon allowed to live? And that would likely destroy the Kabal of the Archon as well. Though he will feel utter hate towards the Mon-Kieg if allowed to rise to power again.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 19:41

Haemie Cellular Reconstruction is a wonderful thing Razz

Or you could have his shadowfield save him. It is the best save in the game for a reason Wink

The possibilities are endless. He was on a raider and its flickerfields were able to hold from the explosion because of wreckage from the other raiders. He was underground attacking the Govenors secret vaults. He was still in Commorragh when the missles hit. A ton of possibilities.

As for Commorragh being hit by a deathstrike. Ward already had several chapters set foot in the city, there is amost nothing you could do to make it worse Razz Another possibility to not make it as bad to fluff purist out there is if its a satalite realm of Commorragh, like say Saadom (pre-explosion thingy) or somewhere else. These places are in fact their own realms in the webway, but are a part of Commorragh as a whole. Plus Im sure the webway could hold an explosion and stop it from getting to Commorragh proper

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 21:17

I thought of a satellite realm of course, Vect's palace hit by Deadstrike (very bad fluff) would be horrible, and too random even for WH40K. Lets pray Matt Ward ain't reading this, as I don't want my most insane idea turned into canon, as I don't want Planetary Governersue.

The kicker is that maybe a stronger kabal was hit, but not destroyed. They would likely slaughter most of the kabal of the Archon, and him a few times before resurrecting him telling him to get revenge on the Mon-Kieg. Of course that can be one story, another can be that the Archon had quite the large kabal and it was halved.

Matt Ward, ouch he has done much harm. Grey Sues, Ultrasues, Robute Guillisue, Kaldor Draigsue and other Mary Sues I don't bother mentioning.

I have considered multiple other more personal things, from the PG killing the Archon totally without honor in single combat (but that would basically be two extremely dirty fighters pitted against each other, the Archon is of course resurrected bearing quite the grudge as he had been beaten in close-combat by a mere Mon-Kieg, the wife of the PG (quite the sniper) offing every Lhameran serving him so they refuse to serve him (I must admit that is mostly humorous, but still quite the slight for the Archon), I have more seriously considered the Archon maybe warring against the PG at the Imperial Palace or something else of importance, and a Slaaneshi Greater Dameon (who also is crossed at the PG) enters the party. The PG escapes, the Archon and his retinue takes out the Daemon, but only very few survives and the PG arrives with Deathwatch-friends and the Sororitas of his sister, so the Archon would have to turn tail and flee from a mere Mon-Kieg, which is quite the embarrassment for the Archon. This is actually very fun thinking up.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 01:25

Quote :

Well, there is that distressing smell ...

Perhaps your PG is being played by one Archon against another? Even if a Human couldn't best a Dark Eldar on their own*, I am sure one could be used as a pawn in someone else's game of galactic chess ...

*If they could, they might actually then become a sought-after opponent for jaded Dark Eldar, each seeing who would be the first to enact the most elegant takedown.

Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 15:18

The guy already have the Inquisition which he is a pawn of. Basically he enter planet which the IoM is losing, finds which soldiers are the best generals, which are the best to represent the Navy and so on (he is great at finding who's good at what). Then the front is stabilized, after a few years the opponent is pushed back, and he is ruling for a few more years to pick the administrators and government officials, then the Inquisition ships him to the next battlefield for rinse and repeat. It must be noted that he doesn't even depose of every Planetary Governor he encounters as he must have proof about incompetence or worse.

The point with the chap beating a Dark Eldar Archon is doable, but problem is that would the Archon care? I mean it can be resurrected, and death in combat happens from time to time. Even so, I think Wyches would be more likely to regard him as something to hunt. Though him using his melta to ruin the looks of a Succubus would likely buy him an enemy for life.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 16:37

Beaviz81 wrote:
Ebonhart wrote:

I can't see the Dark Eldar really hate a Mon-Kieg, for them humans are playthings. You just don't hate your toys even if your sadistically love to break them in any way possible. They might loathe the humans, but never hate as that is an extremely strong feeling for the superior Dark Eldar.

that depends on the archon, not everyone of them sees a toy. some i'm sure see clay pigeons, some see raw materials that could be put to better use than its being used for now, even others might see food. the dark decadence that drove the DE to their current situation was never fully explained with one solution, other than it being said that these webway ports were palaces of pleasure for their owners, what ever their owner's pleasure was.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 22:22

Beaviz81 wrote:

The point with the chap beating a Dark Eldar Archon is doable, but problem is that would the Archon care? I mean it can be resurrected, and death in combat happens from time to time. Even so, I think Wyches would be more likely to regard him as something to hunt. Though him using his melta to ruin the looks of a Succubus would likely buy him an enemy for life.

You're forgetting about Dark Eldar arrogance. No Archon would want to admit being bested by what is to them mere vermin. Secondly, they'd have to respond, or they'd appear weak to their Kabal, which is basically putting a massive sign over your head saying "shoot me!"

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 00:05

Yeah he would likely smark over that defeat for centuries if not longer, and it would never be safe to remind the Archon of that defeat by any of his underlings even if the Archon eventually get the pleasure of torturing the individual causing the slight to death.
Back to top Go down
thetyrant
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 19:15

Like a couple of people have said in response, anything is possible in the 40k fluff. Not all Archons are the scheming masterminds like Vect or Malys. Some could be just that stupid.

I mean, some Archon thought it was a good idea to send warriors into the Salamanders Strike Cruiser with its full complement of Astartes still inside. Not all of them are geniuses.
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 01:27

Yeah I myself has noted it to be Brighthammy, as no-one is more critical of my own writing than myself. I sort of now have it that the Haemonculous wants the chap's soul for the rich pickings he would provide. The pride of a Planetary Governor, the bravery of an Imperial Commissar, the skill of a true master of the sword, so much who is so appetizing for them, and sweetest of all, revenge for a Dark Eldar Succubus.

Here is the short draft of it http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2312-the-dream-of-payback
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2012, 12:18

Dark Eldar are incredibly arrogant creatures and Archons are most arrogont of all.
The mere thought of someone of lesser species thinking to held atacks of the Great Masters, to hold ground and deny rightfull prize is enough for a certain type of hatred of the stinking meat bag who will soon taste hands of haemunculus.

To even think that some lesser species mammal deserve a pure hatred akin to like not all of the True Kin deserve is highly embarassing and will show weakness. And weak do not live , let alone, rule in Commoragh. Imagine how fruit with terrible poisoned thorns hanging from flesh-eating tree will in a second turn to sweet and ready for ripe..

Lesser species deserve hatefull retribution when they are needed to know their place.For example when almost harvested Imperial Hive is destroyed by orbital defense platfroms ordered by Governor, thats an insult from a soon-to-be pile of screaming flesh.

When guardsmen dare to stand before their fate in their primitive metal boxes they deserve to see their innards.

When Space Marines dare to think they are finest warriors in the Galaxy their commander needs to see his squads turned into grotesques and eat each other.

After all , Commoragh is a place of total equality. Everyone hates each other equally. If one even deserve to be called more then pain-sack.

Last edited by Azdrubael on Mon Feb 13 2012, 17:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2012, 16:29

Quote :
After all , Commoragh is a place of total equality. Everyone hates each other equally.

I'd agree with this and Aroshamash above; you can never overestimate the arrogance of an Archon. Even if it might normally be beneath them, if they feel slighted, a Dark Eldar can go to lengths that would make the Ring Cycle seem short and simple.

Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2012, 22:16

Oh yeah, and I can see more and more joining in as they wanting a piece of the lad as well. Poor guy, everyone is out to get him. Smile
Back to top Go down
Archon_Kaliraax
Hellion
Archon_Kaliraax

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 06:26

Not to mention that Archon's are sadistic and meglomanical, their ego's wouldnt llet them be bested for too long. Plus then there's revenge. Archon's dont suffer failure from their own warriors let alone cattle. I think the mere fact that the PG tried to best him in a game of mental chess or heaven forbid bladeplay would be enough to send the Archon into a muderous rage.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 10:49

An Inquisitor once luckily guessed an assault by the Dark Eldar. Flak Cannons tore open the Raiders and the Kabal suffered from heavy losses.
The Inquisitor was clebreated as a hero until the Archon's henchmen went into his home in the middle of the night and covered the insides of every tome he owned with his own entrails.

There was a short story in the old codex, I believe, that was something along those lines.

How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Archon_Kaliraax
Hellion
Archon_Kaliraax

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 08:19

Yes I do recall that story somewhere as well.. Just goes to show you how stupid humans, and Inquisitors are after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?   How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can a mere Mon-Kieg throw a Dark Eldar Archon into pure hate of him?
Page 1 of 1