THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point wwp list change

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nurglez
Slave
nurglez

1500 point wwp list change Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point wwp list change   1500 point wwp list change I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 22:59

Hello there, been a lurker for a bit, started collecting dark eldar slowly a few months ago, but hadn't had many games with them.

I'm used to playing low model count elite armies, deathguard, chaos Logan wing, and then Draigo wing. Dark eldar are rather more squishy, but the idea of a wwp list has always apealed to me.

I have played a few games with this list.

Succubus, agoniser, blast pistol
Haemonculus, wwp, liquifier x 2
4 wracks in a venom with extra splinter cannon x 2
15 wyches, 3 special weps, haywire grenades, hekatrix with agoniser
10 warriors, splinter cannon shredder
4 true born, 3 blasters x 2
3 reavers heat lance x 2
Talos twin liquifier twin heat lance
Razorwing, dark lances, splinter cannon, night shield flickerfield

It's done alright, but I'm not happy wjth the wyches and succubus, and have been thinking of replacing them with the baron and 13 hellions with helliarch agoniser.

Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point wwp list change   1500 point wwp list change I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 02:11

I would suggest splitting you wych unit into 2: theres no point taking an uber unit because you actually WANT to still be in CC during the enemy turn so you are not shot at! Then in their assault phase you finish off the unit you originally assaulted freeing you up for a new target in your next turn Very Happy Baron would prove sick from the WWP but needs a rejig with the rest of your units I'd say (though I'm no expert at Baron lists!)

I'd also drop the shredder personally. The Reavers can only have 1 heat lance or 2 do you mean 2 units of them?
Back to top Go down
nurglez
Slave
nurglez

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point wwp list change   1500 point wwp list change I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 12:24

Aye, I meant 2 squads of reavers with 1 heat lance Very Happy

The shredder was just for trying it out, as I had a spare 5 points in my first list.

The wyches and succy were a mixed bag, gaining me a win vs nids (killed a tervigon and 2 termagant squads due to the backlash, wiping out 3 scoring units and gaining 3 pain tokens heh).
But also not doing so well due to their str 3, I'm so used to having tough units being super survivable to to high toughness vs low str.

I was aiming to design a close combat force, but I'm thinking that an equal mix would be good, hence the hellions. With the baron, these guys have several options, and speed, having a nice threat range from a wwp or my board edge. I have also toyed with the idea of incubi or harlequins and would like to try out scourges too, but I only have 3 scoring units if I go for a squad of them.

Current refreshed list.
Swapping the shredder for a blaster, adding grav talons to both reaver squads, and lowering the hellion squad to 10 strong.
Back to top Go down
thetyrant
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point wwp list change   1500 point wwp list change I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 08:29

The only advice I'd give is with the baron and his unit of hellions, the more the merrier. Also, at least with the experience I've had fielding hellions, use them more as a mid range fire unit, and only charge when you're absolutely assured you'll win the combat without too many losses. they've got wych stats, minus the invul. save, and thats huge. But that's just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
nurglez
Slave
nurglez

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point wwp list change   1500 point wwp list change I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 20:11

Had 2 games today with my revised list (10 hellions, baron and cluster caltrops to my reavers). Both against tyranids. First game was kill points, dawn of war. Made a few bad mistakes and had terrible luck (both reavers blade vaned and ended in difficult terrain, both lost 1 model each and then fled). I had never rolled that low in ages, it was actually rather amusing). I lost about 10 to 3-4 kill points.

Second game was seize ground, 5 objectives, dawn of war again. By the end of the 6th turn my opponent only had a wounded hive tyrant left, while I had 4 wracks in a venom, my razorwing, 4 trueborn in a venom and 10 warriors.

I'm not totally happy with the list, but I think that has to do with me not being used to playing with dark eldar, and trying to assault with them more then they should.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point wwp list change   1500 point wwp list change I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 point wwp list change
Page 1 of 1