THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crucible of Malediction

Go down 
+7
Archon
Urien Rakarth
Radium
Krovin-Rezh
Torpedo Vegas
Local_Ork
depayen
11 posters
AuthorMessage
depayen
Hellion
depayen

Crucible of Malediction Empty
PostSubject: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 13:27

Crucible of Maladiction use against Grey knights to me should affect there vechiles also since they have pshyic abilities? Anyone one agree or disagree?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 14:25

HA!

Interesting question. GK codex state that their vehicles can be "hooded", suffer from perils of warp etc.

While there is no GK FAQ and DE FAQ says nothing, I found this bit in BA FAQ:

Q: A Furioso Librarian counts as being Leadership 10 for
all psychic purposes. What exactly does this mean? (p29)
A: It means that for Psychic tests, for using a psychic hood
and for being affected by psychic powers, special rules or
wargear that affect psykers and require a Leadership
value, they are counted as being Leadership 10.

So if the same... ugh, writer* made both codexes, I guess You can say GK are also affected.
Still, need to wait for FAQ

* I love to hate Mat Ward.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 17:17

I think that it should affect everything in the Grey Knight book that is a Grey Knight (Fluff wise, all Grey Knights are psykers, right?), though, as Local_Ork pointed out, other than what the BA FAQ said, theres no definite answer.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 17:59

My belief it should be affect them also. I am waiting for the day I can pull this trick. Another supporting arguement would be the changling affecting vehicle although this might be a little bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 20:14

Psychic Pilot says the vehicles count as psykers, but only for Psychic tests and hoods. That excludes them from the crucible of malediction because it does not induce a psychic test and is obviously not a hood.

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 20:37

Huh... checked BA codex and it say "for all purposes" while GK not.

This interpreation may be right. Unless "count as psyker" and "have LD 10 for hood and Psychic tests" are two separate sentences (english semantics are great mystery for east european like me)? Hmm... need to wait for FAQ then.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 06:56

Its nebulous for native English speakers too, the whole set of Grey Knight pysker rules are poorly worded.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 07:39

Local_Ork wrote:
Huh... checked BA codex and it say "for all purposes" while GK not.

Yeah, it made me a sad panda the day the GK codex was released. A lot of the rules read like they were written to specifically NOT allow other races' cool wargear to work.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 20:09

Against Grey Knights they have the Brotherhood of Psykers rule so all you'll do with CoM is pop the Justicars if they are still alive. As all their vehicles are Psykers though I can't see why CoM wouldn't affect them as they are all people piloted.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 20:40

Well, only reasonable (blargh!) explanation is CoM may kill 1 guy from squad and Tanks have numerous crew.

Ok, that's stupid (cry in corner)
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 20:48

I have played against the Grey Knights just twice, and only had the Crucilble to use once, but I say if the unit entry has the Psyker keyword and a Leadership, it should be affected.
Back to top Go down
depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 14:45

Well I got to use this during yesterday tournament in the last game and saw a choas sorccer go bye bye nice to see the look on his face. Yeah.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 18:58

I always assumed that a crucible would remove an entire unit instead of just the justicar. Because they all have force weapons and you need to be a psyker to use them.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16 2011, 20:07

Yes, but GK have rule that says only leader/one guy is affected by Perils and Wargear.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 13:30

I think the rule is clear.

Units with Brotherhood of Psyker lose their champ or 1 random model
Characters that are psykers are affected normally, even if they are in a unit with the broherhood rule. Note that this cover Dreadknights as well.

Psychic Pilot is more complex.
The rule stipulates that:

They are a level 1 psyker.
They use Ld 10 for hoods and psychic tests.

The question should be what Ld do they use for other things that affect psykers.

Personally i think they should test on Ld 10 until we hear otherwise.
Back to top Go down
tmonster
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 17:02

I beg to differ about that point on the brotherhood of Psyker units. The attack is resolved against one member but i still think that the whole unit should be removed. Because lash for example is resolved against one model but the whole unit is affected.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 16:44

Well anything resolved against a particular model normally effects only that model

You arent suggesting that a Justicar that falls foul of perils should take his whole unit with him are you?
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 17:08

tmonster wrote:
I beg to differ about that point on the brotherhood of Psyker units. The attack is resolved against one member but i still think that the whole unit should be removed. Because lash for example is resolved against one model but the whole unit is affected.
Yes but the Brotherhood of psykers rule is specific on the fact that only the justicar or in lou of him already being dead that a single random model is effected.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
furyan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 08:22

i would like to believe that CoM can affect GK vehicles. if the psyker ability is what drives the vehicle then the vehicle should cease to work one the psyker ability is gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crucible of Malediction   Crucible of Malediction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crucible of Malediction
Page 1 of 1