THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Your Coven Engine(s)

Go down 
+26
Lysis
Kinnay
Todo13
Despiciens
Rangrok1k
Grumpy Kwi
Venkh
shadow hunter
Master Bryss
Nomic
Preacher
Baron Tordeck
Asrodrig
Saintspirit
adreal
Keravin
Local_Ork
a1elbow
Arhra
Torpedo Vegas
Archon Farath Mure
Radium
Crazy_Irish
Urien Rakarth
Xelkireth
Sky Serpent
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What Engine Will You Be Using?
Talos Pain Engine
Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba1329%Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba15
 29% [ 15 ]
Cronos Parasite Engine
Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba1315%Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba15
 15% [ 8 ]
One of each
Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba1335%Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba15
 35% [ 18 ]
Magnetised
Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba1312%Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba15
 12% [ 6 ]
Actually I've made my own...
Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba139%Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba15
 9% [ 5 ]
I don't plan on owning/using one
Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba130%Your Coven Engine(s) Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Your Coven Engine(s) Empty
PostSubject: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 14:53

So, my new models arrived on Tuesday and I was pondering what Engine to make. The Talos and Cronos have no place at all in my current list but my ambition is to have a vast, grand army. In friendly games I can swap out a Ravager if need be and having owned a Talos in the past I decided to go with a revamped version.

Mine is armed with Chain Flails and the Heat Lance. I do plan on having a Cronos eventually but that will wait for now. The kit is really nice, goes together well and you have plenty of spare bits, especially for making Grotesques.

So, what have you made, what are your plans?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 14:54

Talos. I don't think the Cronos is worth it and I hate the model/want to use its tendrils in conversions.
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 15:14

When I get around to buying one (Razorwing is priority for my disposable income this month) I'll whip out the magnets so I can use it as either. Although with 3 Ravagers already HS is looking a little cramped.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 15:33

I have one self made cronos and bought 2 boxes as i loved bot models, but as i already have 1 cronos i have build 2 taloi out of'em. The one is equipped with twin linked flammer and the other one with the instand death weapon. i just love both weapons. but i didn't glue them on, so i can still swap.

about the cronos. its great against any kind of marines, just drive around and shoot, and see how the cronos jumps from "ahh is he cute" to "KILL THAT THING! KILL IT NOW!"

now my opponents always wanna kill it first. great for baiting ;-)
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 15:47

I'm going to use a Cronos. I've used it in two games so far. In the first it killed about two dozen Orks, and locked a Deff Dread in combat for 3 turns. In the second I killed (oh, the shame) 1 Incubus and 1 Grey Knight. But I think the ability to generate pain tokens before getting into combat is quite useful for units like Wyches as FNP helps a LOT when trying to hold up a unit in combat.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 15:54

Both are very good in a support role, the talos as combat support and the chronos in close support.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 16:16

I already made a Cronos, and a Talos would fit in better with my army but I like the official model. Will probably go for a talos anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 16:27

I have 2 old Taloi already, so I'll make a Cronos first.

When I begin the long, painful, expensive project of replacing my old models, the Talos will be one of the first though.
Back to top Go down
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 17:03

I voted "build my own" because I have no interest in the models (I think they look like 'nids converted with GW bits to play Warmachine or Hordes or whatever PP game it is).

What I'd like to do if I ever use one is a Wraithlord or some such that has been bent to the DE's will. Too much of the coven stuff to me is just blech.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 18:27

Same here. I love arts in codex and "not love" models since they don't look like pictures.
Back to top Go down
Keravin
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 21:38

Planning on getting one of each now I've seen the kit. Partly because I like the kit and partly for all the spares it will generate for other conversions.
Back to top Go down
adreal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 21:57

I wasn't 100% sold on the kitv untill I put it together, my god is it pretty (in a sick way....) made a cronos because, well I dunno it just felt right
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 23:02

I have much more interest in other heavy support choices, but if I use one it would be the Cronos. It has some beautifully nasty weapons...

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Asrodrig
Hellion
Asrodrig

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 01:50

I can't decide if I want to include either in an army list, but I have actually warmed up to the model (I hated it when I first saw it).
I think magnetizing it is the best route, and it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 03:52

I'll be using the box to make a Talos. Just it will be cut down to look more like the last editions Talos and not this hideous thing they just released.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 07:53

I'll probably make a Cronos first as I still have my old Talos on the "reburbishing" table. That way I can also use the spare talos bits to make my Sepulchral Stalker Grotesques. But I'm sure I'll add a new Talos at some point, you just can't say no to two. Wink

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 08:23

I got both. To be honest I'm not aure how often I'll use eighter, but they look awesome and come with a ton of bits I can use to convert stuff. Going to magnetise the Talos so I can switch weapon options (I'll probably be usign it with eighter just Haywire Blaster or with Heatlance and Chainflails).

Master Bryss
Slave
Master Bryss

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 11:31

I'll make a Talos, for sure, although I prefer the look of the illustration and may try to phase out the head.

The Cronos bits will be used to convert up a Wraithlord as one, so I can use that as a Cronos in official games and as my own unit (a Soul Prison) based off of both in more casual or home games.

Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 12:24

I'm going to use my 2 old metal Talos as Talos.

and when I buy the new model I will primarily build it as a cronos - although I will be looking to magnatize if possible.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 14:33

Im getting 2 and magnetising. If im spending that much on a kit i want flexibility.

Cant wait to get mine but i might have wait a while. 20% off RRP comes at a price i guess.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 14:49

Venkh wrote:
Im getting 2 and magnetising. If im spending that much on a kit i want flexibility.

Cant wait to get mine but i might have wait a while. 20% off RRP comes at a price i guess.

If you ordered via Maelstrom, I asked when we could expect to see the dark eldar pre-orders. He said due to the bank holidays, they wont get them unitl next week. So I am predicting to see them about 8th June.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 14:52

shadow hunter wrote:
Venkh wrote:

If you ordered via Maelstrom, I asked when we could expect to see the dark eldar pre-orders. He said due to the bank holidays, they wont get them unitl next week. So I am predicting to see them about 8th June.
Weaksauce. I'm glad I paid the MSRP to get my stuff yesterday.
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 14:58

I dont mind it. I am currently living with my parents while I wait for the house I just bought to be ready. So I'm not in a great position for modelling/gaming or painting anyway.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 19:10

I dont mind waiting. Im not ready to to my coven list yet and i already have 6 converted venoms.

I ordered from Wayland and i dont think I will see my stuff till next weds at the earliest.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 19:33

I play mostly with 3 Talos so the plan is to buy 3 off the bat (waiting for it to hit the stores instead of pre-order) and magnatize one to be able to convert into a Cronos. I can't imagine running 2 Cronos in any list (just yet) so I will only do one.

Coven lists in my opinion really do not need a Cronos, if you running a couple Haemys or even sporting Urien I find I do not need the extra potential to dish out more tokens - more talos please. However, I have ran the Cronos in one such list that used Mandrakes so I can definitely see the use of the Cronos in non-coven lists that so desperately need the FnP immediately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Coven Engine(s)   Your Coven Engine(s) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Coven Engine(s)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next