THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style

Go down 
+4
Mr_Pink
SleepyPillow
Cavash
lonewolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style Empty
PostSubject: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 18:59

what you'll need
Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style 1toolsofthetrade
here's my beloved Tamiya Clear Red (TCR) and my 2 stipple brushes
1 large for vehicles one small for std fig, they are basically old brushes with the bristles cut down shorter :wink:
stippling is basically "stabbing" the bristles at the area.
i quickly knocked up a chain axe to show what it looks like on a mini and the white plasticard so you can see the effect clearly :wink:

STAGE 1

Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style 2stage1
first off take some TCR straight out of the pot and stipple it over the area quite thickly (the next stage will take some off)

STAGE 2
Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style 3stage2
TCR has a thicker consistancy to normal paint and doe's start to congeal (like real blood) quite quickly.
once you have done stage 1 wait about 30-40 seconds for the TCR to start to get tacky then go over it agin with you stipple brush to give it some texture.
after this give the blood 5 mins to dry off or you'll just take most of the red off with the next bit :?

STAGE 3
first up we need to mix some darker "blood" up to give it some realism (it's a bit bright at the min)
here's sort of the ratio you'll need
I use a little GW Black ink to darken it (rather than black paint that can dull down the glossy wetness of it)
Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style 4redtoblackmix
You'll have to experiment untill you get this colour, you want a nice dark red gore colour.
Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style 5darkmix

Then it's just a case of repeating stages 1 and 2 with the darker colour
just be sure not to totally cover all the lighter red up :wink:
Here's the Dark red 1st application.
Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style 6stage3

STAGE 4
Here's the end result with the dark red re-stippled for texture.
Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style 7stage4
Well there you go really simple and i think VERY effective.

Enjoy!

Ian
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 19:12

That is awesome. I think I might have to use it in the future.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 19:19

it's sort of become my trademark (and an inside joke in certain areas of the painting community)
you can see it on my archon as well
Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style Archon2001
Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style Archon2003
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 19:31

This is darn awesome. I already read your tutorial on bolterandchainsword and I'm really looking forward to use it on my army. I want a carpet made out of blood for Christmas. :3
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2012, 21:57

Sweetness! Thanks for the tips! I feel a bit of an idiot that I didn't know about Tamia Clear Red before, but I saw a Tyranid project over on the 5th Dimension where the painter used a very minimalist palette of whites, greys, sepias, and blacks. Onto this he added Tamia clear red, and the effect was...gruesome, to say the least:

5-th-dimension.blogspot.ca/2012/03/tyranids-tyranids-and-more-tyranids.html

One question: as I've never used tamia before, is this clear red stuff water soluble?
Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2012, 22:27

it is water soluble but i wouldn't recommend using your best brushes with it.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 01:08

Great tutorial, easy to follow and rediculously cool effect. I'm definatly trying thin on a non DE project I'm doing. The black ink is genious by the way.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 22:54

Lonewolf, you're a legend as far as I'm concerned, just tried this this evening and really pleased with the results, sure I need more practice but it's a damn sight better than anything I've tried before.
See p3 of the project log in my sig for the results!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeWed May 23 2012, 23:12

glad it helped the more you play with it the more you can achieve.
for example mix it with a bit of 2 part epoxy glue to create some dripping blood effects.

nice looking bladevanes BTW Wink
Back to top Go down
stealthy327
Hellion
stealthy327

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2012, 03:40

Received my Tamiya Clear Red in the mail today and shall be attempting this shortly!
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitimeThu May 24 2012, 07:39

Awesome! Thnx dude! I could really use this for when I start working on the Coven part of my army w/ these bases: http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_30_86&products_id=427
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style   Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood n Gore Lonewolf Style
Page 1 of 1