THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

6th Ed rumors and DE

Go down 
+57
Hijallo
KheraKhera
Ereshkigal
Crazy_Irish
NiteOwl
Sorrowshard
dominus nox
1++
Lord Clazaryn
CaptainBalroga
Farmer
Mandor
Deamon
pingualoty
lululu_42
Gobsmakked
Kinnay
Torpedo Vegas
stealthy327
IASGATG
Plague
thelordhellion
Eldur
Chaeril
Painjunky
Ghosttrain23
Siticus the Ancient
Arrex
DarkKokabel
Ben_S
MurderingBastard
blackoutcs
Grumpy Kwi
Demagoge
Inrit
Massaen
Archon Farath Mure
Cavash
The New AIDS
Count Adhemar
Azdrubael
SleepyPillow
Phototoxin
succorax
Thor665
Shadows Revenge
kenny3760
Allandrel
tlronin
Darkgreen Pirate
Sky Serpent
Firdeth
Ruke
Evil Space Elves
The_Burning_Eye
Nomic
Levitas
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
tlronin
Wych

6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 15:13

I'm still holding out with all the conclusions and assuming things. I can't imagine with all the psychic stuff that DE will be looked over by GW. Perhaps that roll of a 6+ to cancel out a psychic power is a 5+ to us. Or something like that (although I had suprisingly little luck with my 5+ rolls for my flickerfield last night lol).

p.s.(off topic): Flicker (flikker) means 'fag' in Dutch, so... We couldn't help but giggle occasionatly when I had to roll a 5+ for my 'fag field'.

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 15:29

My take would be that every army that can't take psykers will have some kind of defence, the rumours I've read suggest a 6+ for everyone to nullify something, but I'd suspect greater resistance for those who can't use them. As for Malys, I wouldn't think GW would go down the route of providing the only psychic defence for an army in the form of a special character.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 15:52

To be honest, for most armies they haven't provided any psychic defence. Marines (psychic hood), Eldar (runes of warding) and Nids (shadow in the warp) are the only army with "real" psychic defence (and even Nids are questionable since their power doesn't work as long as enemy psyker stays inside a vehicle). Every other amy eighter has none (Tau, Orks), is limited to extremely few units (DE with Malys, Necrons with the very short range anti-psychci bubble on Spyders) or is only useful against specific type of psychic powers (Khorne Daemons get a 2++ save agaisnt psychic attacks, but that does nothing againt powers like hammerhand or JotWW. Better than other Daemons who get nothing, though). We don't have proper anti-psyker abilities now, and I sincerely doubt we (or any other non Spesh Muhreen army) get any eighter. Meh, we've done fine without em, and the new powers aren't really any different from the current ones. Only now nearly all armies wiht psykers have access to poweful abilities instead of just GK/BA/SW.

tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 17:35

lol We're going in circles...

@The_Burning_Eye: Dude, couldn't agree more because you basically wrote what I wrote.

@Nomic: Look at mine and The_Burning_Eye's comment to see what our take is on the matter. In other words, DE do not need specific powers or units with powers. But again... It's guessing at this point.

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22 2012, 22:26

Picked up the new White Dwarf today, some findings:
Assaults are now 2d6", jump infantry can re roll.
Multi assaulting loses you the +1 attack charge bonus
Units can respond to being assaulted by shooting at BS1 out of sequence at the assaulting unit (Over watch)
Terrain can be bought as part of the army
Skimmers get a 5+ cover save if they moved
Flat Out and Turbo Boosts still grant 4+ saves to Skimmers
Flyers (Razorwing, Void Raven, etc) come in off of Reserve and are only hit on 6's by non anti air weapons.
Hull points are in, vehicle dies when they're all lost, Gauss weapons cause a vehicle to lose a Hull point on a six
AP 2 and AP3 have differing effects when rolling on damage tables
Snap Fire allows a vehicle to fire a weapon at BS1 even if it normally couldn't
Monstrous Creatures can choose to forgo half of their attacks when striking a vehicle to double their str
Orks will have their "own unique rules" when it comes to psychic disciplines, whether this means they only use the powers in their Codex or if they are getting something else is not specified in the Psychic Disciplines article.
Psykers can mix and match between powers in their Codex or rolling on the Psychic Disciplines table. A psyker with 2 or more powers can have powers from his book and powers from the Psychic disciplines tables.
For instanceEldrad. Can generate 4 powers using the Disciplines tables, or use 2 of his normal powers and two generated ones, etc.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 00:06

6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 M2401256a_60040199026_40KRulebook05_873x627

An image from the new rulebook showing various weapons. Depicts an Eldar Raider Power Spear and Eldar Raider Power Sword. Seems Eldar Raider is the new imperial name for us.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 00:19

FYI, Kinnay just posted this in the General GW News & Rumour thread:

Kinnay wrote:
A great compilation of rule changes from the new White Dwarf:

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112303

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 03:31

Does anyone know yet how hull points work?
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 03:38

Rule book is out for sale

Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 04:54

Just preordered my copy. Can't believe that they put a stupid Space Marine on the cover, really. This game was supposed to be about more than them... Also can't believe they think that Australians will pay over $200 dollars for a collectors edition!

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 04:58

Lord Clazaryn wrote:
Just preordered my copy. Can't believe that they put a stupid Space Marine on the cover, really. This game was supposed to be about more than them... Also can't believe they think that Australians will pay over $200 dollars for a collectors edition!

Rogue Trader, 2nd edition, and 3rd all had space marines on the cover. 5th ed had Space Marines and Orks. It's hardly surprising that a space marine is on the cover. The Australian price is, as always, ridiculous though.

Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 06:07

It's a bit of a departure for the past few 40k and FB covers that ahve had a hammer (the titular Warhammer?) in the cover.

Arrex
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 07:50

I've noticed the bawwwing over the fliers has already started. First, there's the question of what constitutes "anti-aircraft": Probably the same set of guns you'd normally shoot at fliers with. Unless GW starts releasing AA turrets for all major armies, I expect AA fire to come from sources that might normally get used on fliers anyway. "Zoom" actually takes some planning to use properly, otherwise you're gonna run out of table/end up back in reserve at an inopportune time. (As I figured, GW seems to be familiar with Battletech's Aerotech rules)

It does look like alpha-striking Daemon Princes/Flyrants are going to do ugly things, and Terminators might get yet another bump back towards their former 2nd edition status. (Can't touch this!) FnP is going to leave units more vulnerable to torrenting but with a poor man's 5++, so I sorta like that direction. (Thought Wyches were a tarpit for deathstars before, imagine them now)

Sounds like the game might shift more towards a rock-paper-scissors nuance, where strategically eliminating certain elements of the enemy army might leave them vulnerable to attacks from specific units in your own army. You know, like some sort of tactical war game or something. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 08:04

Why would dark eldar players cry about flyers. The only army that are more dependent and are said to have better aeroplanes in the fluff are our not-so-cray cousins from the space islands.

It now means I have a legitimate excuse to get voidravens.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Arrex
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 08:44

The New AIDS wrote:
Why would dark eldar players cry about flyers. The only army that are more dependent and are said to have better aeroplanes in the fluff are our not-so-cray cousins from the space islands.

It now means I have a legitimate excuse to get voidravens.

DE players weren't complaining, it was other folks.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 08:57

@Gobsmakked: I wasn't sure if I should post the link here or in the one I posted.

People, did you read the part about Frag Grenades being able to be thrown in the Shooting Phase and Kraks to be used against MC in close combat? Imagine us throwing Haywire Grenades at a tank before charging and using them again! Because HG weren't good enough before. Razz

Also, Independent Characters seem to be able to direct their attacks to individual models (in base contact?), so no more Hidden Fists! Also Drazhar becomes better, as he can jump to individual models and kill them before anything happens.

They also mentioned that the Mysterious Terrain has a Psyker killer as one of his effects, badly (!) hurting every psyker on the board. Is this in order to balance psykers?

Arrex
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 16:52

Kinnay wrote:

People, did you read the part about Frag Grenades being able to be thrown in the Shooting Phase and Kraks to be used against MC in close combat? Imagine us throwing Haywire Grenades at a tank before charging and using them again! Because HG weren't good enough before. Razz

Totally saw it, turns out GW has been playing Space Marine and Dawn of War a little too much, so now you can use grenades the way they were meant to be used. Wink I seriously half expected to see some sorta "jump pack strike" in there too, with assault troops doing template damage or something on impact.

Looks like sixth edition will turn things upside down.
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 17:21

[quote="Arrex"]
Kinnay wrote:
I seriously half expected to see some sorta "jump pack strike" in there too, with assault troops doing template damage or something on impact.

This is in afaik.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 17:32

Copied and pasted from warseer, looks not too bad.

Numerous new 6th edition rules are explained. If stuff isn't on here, chances are that I don't know. These are not rumours, they are only those things specifically written in WD.

Reserves
Reserves arrive from Turn 2 on a D6 roll of 3+.
Flyers always arrive from reserve.

Army Lists
All armies can take allied detachments.
You can buy fortifications as part of your army list. These can come with weapons of their own.
Fortifications include Aegis Defence lines (4+ cover save, 2+ cover save if gone to ground), and Tank Traps (4+ cover, impassable terrain to non-skimmer vehicles).

Moving, Shooting, Combat
Infantry heavy weapons can move and shoot.
Overwatch is back, although works quite differently; a unit that has been charged can shoot their attackers at Bs1. Templates inflict D3 hits.
Charging multiple units at once means you lose the +1 attack for charging. Each defending unit can Overwatch.
Random charge distances appear to be in. Fleet allows re-rolling these.
Vehicles have a set number of Hull Points before being destroyed. Stunned results remove one of these. Don't know about other damage results.
Stunned Dreadnoughts can fire "Snap Shots", needing 6's to hit. This may just be vehicles in general. This appears to be the same rule that Overwatch units use to fire.
It appears you can throw krak grenades (as in properly, like shooting), but the wording is very narrative-based. Hard to tell.

Cover
Craters, woods and other flora are down to a 5+ cover save.
Ruins are still 4+.

Abilities
Primaris Psykers can have two of the new powers at no additional cost. Examples given were "Terrify" and "Puppet Master".
Your commander rolls randomly for an extra ability, having chosen from lists like "Command Traits" and "Personal Traits". One of the command traits was to give your commander's Ld to everyone within 12".
Squads seem to have a "Look Out Sir!" rule, which allows wounds on leaders to be redistributed elsewhere on a 4+.

Foes
Flying Monstrous Creatures can move very fast and attack units under their flight path. Vehicles beware.

Flyers
When shooting at flyers you need a 6 to hit. This doesn't seem to apply to other flyers.
Flyers can switch to Hover Mode, turning them into fast skimmers.
Embarked troops in destroyed flyers suffer a S10 hit, no saves allowed.
Troops can only disembark in Hover Mode.
Valkyries are confirmed as flyers.
Flyers appear to be able to inflict pinning checks via "Strafing Runs".
Flyers have some sort of "Evasion" 5+ cover save, but this only lets them Snap Fire next turn. Evasion works against flyers; don't know about otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 17:56

Sky Serpent wrote:
An image from the new rulebook showing various weapons. Depicts an Eldar Raider Power Spear and Eldar Raider Power Sword. Seems Eldar Raider is the new imperial name for us.

Makes sense, all pointy-eared xenos look alike to the Imperials. And calling one group "Dark" Eldar would imply that the others aren't filthy abominations that must be cleansed from the galaxy!

Heehee. Silly mon-keigh.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 18:30

Quote :
It's been stated in this thread multiple times so this will lead to some unnecessary repetition on every page. The result of 6 is the explosion. 1-2 shaken, 3 stunned, 4 weapon destroyed, 5 immobilised, 6 explosion. Wrecked is a result of hull points going to zero.

AP2 is +1 on the chart. AP1 +2.
This changes for Dark Lance...exactly nothing. Same roll on penentration.
Except there is more chance to destroy vehicle with Glance. And cover is 5+. That marks 6th as very little buff to our AV power.

On the other hand this chart makes Land Raiders more survivable against non-lance weapons, which is a good thing for us.

Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23 2012, 19:24

It makes Lances and Lascannons more worth it compared to Missiles and Psyflemen. Even if it doesn't really change how our weapons work, it makes Longwolves and Psyflemen worse by comparison. Also with the new hull points, we can can actually kill vehicles pretty easily by mass glancing.

Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 05:26

There's also been the rumor flying around that Lances can't glance, that if they would normally score a glance they get a pen instead...

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 07:45

[quote="SleepyPillow"]
Arrex wrote:
Kinnay wrote:
I seriously half expected to see some sorta "jump pack strike" in there too, with assault troops doing template damage or something on impact.

This is in afaik.

:facepalm:

ZOMG, I'mma just start quoting lines from Dawn of War everytime I play now. Especially since Chaos is getting an update, I can't wait to yell "We need a new driver, this one is DEAD." everytime my berserkers jump out of their Rhino. Next thing ya know, they'll have "Achievements" for battlefield actions....
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24 2012, 10:41

Ruke wrote:
There's also been the rumor flying around that Lances can't glance, that if they would normally score a glance they get a pen instead...

Take that with a bag of salt. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is and that sounds A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

PostSubject: Re: 6th Ed rumors and DE   6th Ed rumors and DE - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6th Ed rumors and DE
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next