THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Z405
Slave

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2012, 22:36

This is the last list i will post, because i`ve gotten alot of tips and in combination with my own thoughts i came upon the following. I personally like this list alot for the sake of diversity.

1x Archon; 5x Incubus 275 Points
Huskblade, Haywire Grenades, Soultrap, Phantasm grenade launcher, Shadow field

1x Haemonculus; 5x Wrack 145 Points
Webway portal, Liquifier Gun

5x Kabalite Trueborn; 1x Dedicated Transport: Raider 180 Points
Dark Lances, Dark Lance, Flickerfield

4x Wych; 1x Hekatrix; 1x Dedicated Transport: Venom 165 Points
Agoniser, Splinter Cannon

5x Scourge 130 Points
Haywire Blasters

4x Hellion; 1x Helliarch115 Points
Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Stunclaw

Total 1000 points

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Haemonulus has a retinue of 5 Wracks and they start on foot moving from cover to cover while both the Venom and Raider focus fire on the closest enemy squad/vehicle. The idea is to occupy the squads closest to the Haemonculi that might threathen him, so that he can place the Portal at his leisure,

Reserves entering the play through the Webway Portal:

* Archon with Incubi Retinue
* Scourges

Chance wise speaking i prefere the Haywire Blasters due to only needing to make a to hit role and then throw a 2+ for a glancing hit and from there on it doenst really matter what i throw, because even a roll of 1 results in a shaken crew whom cannot shoot their guns their next turn (right?) so i`m fine with not destroying a tank or opening up a transport- if they can`t do anything, i`ll eventually get them out, especially with the help of my Dark Lance carrying Trueborn.

The Hellions are there for pure support and the annoyance factor due to hit and run and the ability to drag away an IC out of combat and closer to a unit like my Archon and Incubus retinue. The idea here is to lure out an IC away from potential other harmful squads and then hit and run, drag him away into cover and do some melee battle, hoping that they`ll survive even though they are only 5 strong. Optimal situation would be to do such a thing after they received their first pain token.

Since all my squads are really small in size, they will need to work together like a real time and focus as much as possible on the same squads. I will keep in mind not to finish off an enemy squad untill in their own hand to hand combat turn, so i can then move freely in my own turn without being shot to pieces.

Thanks in advance farao
Back to top Go down
Xasper
Slave
Xasper

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 13:58

It looks pretty versilate but I believe there are a few flaws.

A WWP on foot is not a good idea. I think the only way to use a WWP is to put it in a venom and zoom it up the battlefield first turn and then deploy it in the second turn, so you need to give your Heamonculus a ride, otherwise he will end up dead and your troops are forced to enter from the table edge, or he won't get very far before deploying the portal.
If you are going to use a WWP tactic you need at least 2 of them. If your opponent has just a vague idea of what he is doing, he will focus fire on the portalcarriers, thus fielding only one is a big risk, since it will be top priority target

I'd either drop the WWP completely or give the archon one and give him the raider. The Trueborns can have the wyhces venom, who then can deploy through the portal. I'd give the Haemonculus a ride also Smile.

I've never really used Hellions but impression is that they aren't very good until there are 15-20 of them, so i wouldn't use them either

I think the list looks cool. It just needs some minor modifications Wink.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Z405
Slave

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 14:50

Hey Xasper, thanks for the reply and thinking along. While this might pretty silly, but the main reason i gave the Trueborns the Raider is because there are Warriors within the Raider box, which can be placed on the Raider itself to show that there are units being transported. Since i`m not very good with conversing or modelling myself (or well havent tried it and it costs alot of extra money just for sake of fitting looks) i chose to not give the Wracks and Raider, because then the Raider would need a Haemonculus as the "driver" and a Wrack behind the Dark Lance and on the sides etc. (another Reason for choosing the Raider for the Trueborn is the extra Dark Lance)

Same goes for the reason why i placed a Wych unit in the Venom, because they have Wyches hanging on the sides and behind the guns, so they seem as though they belong together. That being said, even though my opponent might have an idea that my Heamonculi is the one dropping of the Webway Portal, i`m pretty confident that they won`t be possible to instant-assault my Haemonculi & Wracks in the first turn.

The role of the Hellions is supportive, when the Venom unleashes Splinter Cannon hell on an enemy unit, then the Hellions equally use their Splinterpods and then together with the Wyches they charge that same squad they just shot at. The main thing is that these guys are to be used somewhat as cannonfodder when an enemy IC joins the battle. They can drag the IC away from my Wyches with the Stunclaw and, should they survive the next round of combat with that IC, they can again fly away and the IC should be easily targetted by all sorts of weaponry, or preferably my HQ hunting Archon with Incubi.

That way i don`t even need to place the Webway Portal extremely far in, i just need to lure out the opponent.
Back to top Go down
Xasper
Slave
Xasper

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 15:08

I agree, it makes more sense with warriors and their trueborn cousins in the raiders and wyches in the venoms, and if that makes the game more enjoyable then roll with that Wink.
I don't think the Haemonculus will get assaulted. I think he will get shot to pieces very very quickly, and even though sticking to cover and keeping out of LOS seems like a good idea on paper it is incredibly hard to pull of in an actual battle.
If you deploy your WWP too far from your enemy you guys are gonna pop out too far away from the enemy to reach the safety of assault. DE is an army that is easy to shoot up and even bolters can do some serious damage to our guys.
But perhaps I'm being too pessimistic Smile. The only way to really know is to play a few games with the list and then perhaps make some adjustments if it fails to live up to your expectations Smile
Back to top Go down
Z405
Slave

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 15:29

I think you might be right, but there`s an equal chance you could be wrong, especially if i play in a table with city fight oriented scenery, which i personally love the most. I would even go so far as to say that i don`t even like playing w40k on a table with crap (looking) terrain, or terrain that doesnt provide me with enough cover.

Dark Eldar never fight on equal terms, so why should i ? Razz

I could consider putting them in a Venom or a Raider (i`d even prerably have a squad of 10 wracks + 1 haemonculi, but the problem is that you cant put 11 units into 1 Raider. ( i could ofcourse consider a Tantulus for them and see to it that i can model those wracks and haemonculi properly on the Tantulus, but untill then, i`ll have to keep it like this. (+ an extra raider, even for the 6 current models messes up my points and i`d have to take out the hellion squad, which i`d rather keep, just because it completes the entire list in just being so versatile.
Back to top Go down
Klor
Hellion

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2012, 23:14

I didn't bother putting those models on my raiders/ravagers/venoms. I actually balance one of the models from the unit that is in the vehicle either in the pilot seat (for the raider) or in the carriage part in the back (for the venom). Cosmetically speaking, it works well and it also allows you to switch up your list at will and not constrain yourself to only being able to run what you have glued onto the vehicle. The hobby will get very expensive for you if you build a vehicle for each unit a particular way....

As for WWP and why you want to put it in a vehicle. Look at it this way, unless you get into position to drop the WWP on your first turn by the end of the movement phase, by turn 2 you could potentially be running half your army on from the table edge depending on your rolls. The problem is that you HAVE to roll for reserves starting turn 2 and anything that comes in, comes in from the table edge whether you want it to or not if you didn't drop the WWP on the first turn. The WWP drops in the shooting phase, so you can't move in turn 2, drop it, then run people in. :-/

Back to top Go down
Z405
Slave

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2012, 08:37

Klor, thank you for replying! While i can agree with not adding those units will provide you with the visual ability to just add one model of the unit you`ll be adding inside the transport, i would find it a bit of a waste not to use those provided models on the Raider or Venom.

I also wish it were possible to add a second unit to a dedicated transport of another unit, pointwise speaking. I can understand what you mean, to really make the WWP tactic work as optimal as possible, i`d need to be as close as possible to the enemies unit for me to take the maximum advantage of the portal. Otherwise i might as well let them all go on foot.

That being said, there`s only one unit on foot entering through the WWP and that`s the Archon with the Incubi. The other is the Scourge unit, which will benefit from the slight boost in starting range none the less, but i can see how this is the only flaw in my army, the WWP dropping unit needs a transport, but for me to provide that unit with a transport would mean that i need to take out a unit from my list which i`m not to keen about since it like the versatility.

A difficult choice.

Edit: Allright, i think i`ll have to concede and put the wracks + heaemonculi in a Raider, BUT i`ll have to buy two extra boxes of Wracks. The first extra box is to increase the amount of wracks belonging to that unit up to about 8 and the second box of wracks is purely to add to the raider itself for visual looks.

Hopefully i`ll find out some artistic help for this to make it look awesome

Please use the Edit button when you want to add something, and dont double post. It makes the forum thread look nasty
-Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod SR-
Back to top Go down
Z405
Slave

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 13:33

1x Archon; 5x Incubus 270 Points
Huskblade, Soultrap, Phantasm grenade launcher, Shadow field

1x Haemonculus; 9x Wrack; 1x Dedicated Transport: Raider 265 Points
Mindphase Gauntlet, Webway portal, Liquifier Gun, Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield

5x Kabalite Trueborn; 1x Dedicated Transport: Raider 180 Points
Dark Lances, Dark Lance, Flickerfield

4x Wych; 1x Hekatrix; 1x Dedicated Transport: Venom 165 Points
Agoniser, Splinter Cannon

5x Scourge 130 Points
Haywire Blasters

Total 1000 points

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new list, with a bigger unit of Wracks and placed inside a Disintegrator Cannon wielding Raider for faster and more tactical effective Webway Portal placement, as well as giving the Wracks an easier means of charging into combat after having used the Liquifier gun.

I removed the Hellions to make room for the extra Raider and since i had points left, i thought it would be a good idea to increase the size of this Wrack melee combat unit. I gave the Haemonculus a Mindphase Gauntlet since it think this could really help when battling monstrous creatures or independant characters! If not, i might give him a Vexator Mask, or give the Archon Combat Drugs etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1000 points  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 points    1000 points  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 points
Page 1 of 1