THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chapterhouse female Haemonculi

Go down 
+17
shhbevewyquiet
Count Adhemar
sirron
darkmark
The Searing Wind
Azdrubael
tlronin
Archon Farath Mure
Ciirian
Cavash
xzandrate
Sky Serpent
Gobsmakked
Venkh
Mushkilla
Evil Space Elves
SirTainly
21 posters
AuthorMessage
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Chapterhouse female Haemonculi Empty
PostSubject: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 21:14

Pics on Dakka..

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/474743.page#4769005
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 21:30

Chapterhouse female Haemonculi Dark%20Elf%20Torturer%202
I'm not sure about the sculpt. Might be the angle that they shot the pic from, but the legs/bottom half of the model looks to be too small. Definitely might have to give one a run though, it would just take a lot of bits to replace those silly arms coming out of the back Razz
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 21:39

Looks horrendous to be honest. Worse then the old DE models (and I'm no GW fan boy). If they think they can sell bad models just because it's a female sculpt then they should rethink their business plan.

Last edited by Mushkilla on Fri Sep 14 2012, 22:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 22:05

I was really excited when i saw the thread title

Not so much now.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 22:17

Mushkilla wrote:
Looks horrendous to be honest. Worse then the old DE models .....

^^^^^^^^^^^+1.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14 2012, 22:46

Chapterhouse are and always will be rip off merchants to me, then again I'm probably calling the kettle black as I like the Raging Heroes stuff but they could have at least tried an original take or aesthetic on the idea and concept.

The model is absolutely awful, wouldn't even make it into the original range...

They have done a very good job though, it's so realistic that I want to claw my eyes out when looking at her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
xzandrate
Kabalite Warrior
xzandrate

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 00:17

Ya, crazy monkey arms on the back, something about the face looks more fishlike than dark eldar and is certainly doesn't inspire the dread or fear of a 'torturess' or haemonculus. Too bad, it would be interesting to see some good 3rd party models that fit into the line well.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 00:27

Wondered what the response would be tbh - I don't really like the model either.

Chapterhouse of late seems to be aping GW too closely and their production quality is so variable - the metal figures look great - some of the resin less so.

I may get one and see if I can use it as a base for a conversion, but I'm in no hurry to order it.

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15 2012, 20:58

I think I just threw up a little. Crying or Very sad That is one ugly model! It is ugly to the point where I would only ever consider using the arms from it, the right arm for a Wych and the left arm as an Agoniser.

^And that is my watered down response.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 01:39

I was excited when I read the title. I really like their female Scorpion model and even own the Farseer. Was pretty disapointed when I saw this.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 02:00

That model is stunning.
In the worst possible way.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 09:40

I can only chime in here alas. Was very excited when I read the topic title and then I saw the model... This is bad!
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 11:00

They didnt even bother to model their own cloak.
Pathethic.
Back to top Go down
The Searing Wind
Slave
The Searing Wind

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16 2012, 20:24

That just doesn't look good.

The right arm looks small and I'm not sure what she's meant to be holding. The stance and pose is uninspiring. The claw isn't bad but it's angled awkwardly and unnaturally. The back arms look like an afterthought. Kind of like the sculptor was finished and they added them afterwards.

It's not an awful miniature though. I've seen some real abominations over the years. This would have been a really decent Dark Eldar miniature back in 3rd edition. Now though, it's outclassed by a lot of better sculpts.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 08:02

Compare these lovlies and you'll see just how poor that model is Mad :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pDpAZduKxd8
Back to top Go down
The Searing Wind
Slave
The Searing Wind

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17 2012, 10:42

See, now THOSE are beautiful! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sirron
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 13:55

the domina of torment looks more like a haemonculi than this one!

the vestals are great

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=57
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 14:05

sirron wrote:
the domina of torment looks more like a haemonculi than this one!

the vestals are great

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=57

Ooh yeah! That's more like it. Might even have to get one of those as a "Counts as Urien".
Back to top Go down
shhbevewyquiet
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 06:51

love the vestals and am planning on using them as hekatrix and alt wyches to my all female DE fluff theme army. hehe but that female wanna-be haemi... not gonna happen. As soon as I can learn the nuances of conversion. I will go there. till then. I can deal w/ the GW stuff.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 09:36

With the Vestals can you say Bloodbrides. Wow those are perfect. The other model is, wel, not nice at all.
Back to top Go down
Yllithian
Slave
Yllithian

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 02:30

http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82&Itemid=117 Is it just me, or could some conversion make the dark elf queen work like Malys and the prince could be a cool Duke S. ?
Back to top Go down
redwulfe
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02 2013, 05:12

Ok the Raging Heroes Blood Vestals look great. I am very happy with these, the only models from the Dark Eldar I have not been thrilled with are the wyches but I still play them, though I do get rid of all of the anime heads. Now, however, I can have some replacement models to play casual games with that I think are perfect for the army.

Red
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitimeSat May 18 2013, 07:48

That chapterhouse model reminds me of the too many elbows faction from Vor, the Zykhee.

(Actually, the entire Vor line reminds me a lot of the early GW range, in that the sculpts aren't particularly great, but the models have loads of character.)

The sci-fi blood vestals just don't do it for me, though they're sculpted well enough. It's not the thong or exposed boob that I have a problem with - it's that they're wearing heels. They're running and jumping and fighting in heels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapterhouse female Haemonculi   Chapterhouse female Haemonculi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapterhouse female Haemonculi
Page 1 of 1