THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Interim list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

1500 Interim list Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Interim list   1500 Interim list I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 14:17

Here is the list I'm using at the moment whilst waiting for the new models to turn up. I'm also trying to avoid my previous 'crutch' units (those things you rely on too much) of WWP's and Beast Squads.

Pictures of this list are here https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t41-kabal-of-the-poisoned-thorn

HQ

Haemonculus (Venom blade, Stinger Pistol, Crucible of Maelediction and Liquifier)

Elite:

3 Kabalite Trueborn, (Blaster x3)
1 Venom (Splinter Cannon x2; Night Shields)

Troops;

7 Wyches, ( Shardnet & Impaler x1; Haywire
Grenades Hekatrix (Agoniser))
1 Raider (Torment Grenade Launchers; Enhanced Aethersails; Night Shields;
Flickerfield)

Flickerfield)

Flickerfield)

5 Kabalite Warriors (1x blaster)
1 Raider (Shock Prow; Enhanced Aethersails; Night Shields;
Flickerfield)

Heavy Support:

1 Ravager, (Night Shields; Flickerfield)
1 Ravager, (Night Shields; Flickerfield)
1 Ravager, (Disintegrator Cannon x3; Night Shields; Flickerfield)

Fast Attack:

3 Reavers,; Cluster Caltrops

Have at it[/b]

Slave

1500 Interim list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Interim list   1500 Interim list I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 15:23

id like to see ur standard list or the list u intend to play when u get all the models coz i saw ur win ratio on ur banner and id like to see how ur using beasts and WWP as i think both are a waste of points theirs so many things with this list that seem like daft mistakes

raiders have far to many upgrades
wych squads only 1 shardnet
trueborn only 3 blasters

the balance of anti tank troop is ok with a few tweaks u cud easily get in 9 more lance weapons (10 with 1 more set of reavers) and a unit of SC/shardcarbine trueborn as well

iv started running around 17 lance with 5 units havin 3/4 shots each as weight of fire is important especially for av12 that doesnt include raiders which bump it up 2 19 lance

for this list id suggest
firstly drop all upgrades jus take nightsheilds
add an extra blaster then get another identical unit
add 5 trueborn with 2sc 3 shard venom SC nightsheilds
add 1 more impaler
drop warriors increase wych squads
change ravager 2 DL

with spare points increase reavers add more caltrops or heat lance/blasters
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

1500 Interim list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Interim list   1500 Interim list I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 15:54

Supreme_Ruler_of_Commargh wrote:
id like to see ur standard list or the list u intend to play when u get all the models coz i saw ur win ratio on ur banner and id like to see how ur using beasts and WWP as i think both are a waste of points theirs so many things with this list that seem like daft mistakes

I'll post my old list later (you are so very very wrong about beasts). Daft to you but it makes sense to me.

raiders have far to many upgrades
It depends on your view on Raiders by your tone you see them as a disposable transport nothing else, I see them as transport, gunboat and force multiplier all in one. That said I understand thier fragility and am careful with thier application.

wych squads only 1 shardnet
Wych squad can only take 1 shardnet at that size to take a second it would have to be 10 models in size.

trueborn only 3 blasters
Points constraints though 3 still gives you on statistics one glance+ per turn

for this list id suggest
firstly drop all upgrades jus take nightsheilds
The upgrades stay as they all have thier uses, enhanced aether sails are almost as mandatory as night shields (especially if your coming in from reserve). TGL may get dropped but at the moment they have made a difference so they stay.

add an extra blaster then get another identical unit
add 5 trueborn with 2sc 3 shard venom SC nightsheilds
Where am I going to get the 250+ points for this

add 1 more impaler
As stated can't without increasing size of wych squad.

drop warriors increase wych squads
Warriors are a sit back and claim objectives squad the problem with wyches is you have to throw them into combat otherwise they are stagnant points.

change ravager 2 DL
The Ravager with dissies is a keeper it is just to damn good especially with all the fnp/2+ armour doing the rounds at the moment.

with spare points increase reavers add more caltrops or heat lance/blasters
Spare points? I wouldn't add to the reavers anyway they are a hide and last turn contest unit, or a distraction shoot at me, shoot at me unit.

Mmmmmm I think we have very different veiws on how DE work, thats not to say either of us is right or wrong just different veiws.

Slave

1500 Interim list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Interim list   1500 Interim list I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 20:48

yea lol i like the aggressive constant pressure so i only take units with a set purpose etc etc but yea

how many games have u played with this list so far n wat u found its gd/bad at??
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

1500 Interim list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Interim list   1500 Interim list I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 21:00

This list one game against a heavy infantry marine list (only 2 vehicles Land Raider and Vindicator) on a 4x4 board. I tabled him turn 6. Lessons learnt, 4x4 is not a good size for this list, Liquifier guns are naughty (killed 5 marines with one shot and 6 assault marines with another), Dark lances are useless if you can't roll better than a 2 for penetration roll (entire second turn of shooting), Wyches with haywires are still the bomb.

Slave

1500 Interim list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Interim list   1500 Interim list I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 21:05

kool yea iv found that 1 dark lance shot is usually crap

iv started giving my wyches haywire grenades bcoz i got hammered by a guard army jus cudnt pop the tanks so i added blaster trueborn and haywire havent played yet tho waiting for venom models Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

1500 Interim list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Interim list   1500 Interim list I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2011, 09:38

2 more games with this list last night both against GK and both tablings. Upgrade of the match was the shadowfield sat back and ignored his 24" range (which of course was now 18"), I lost 1 raider and 2 squads of wyches total 1st match and 2 raiders in the second. Pure GK doesn't scare me anymore.

1500 Interim list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Interim list   1500 Interim list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Interim list
Page 1 of 1