THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)

Go down 
+3
Cavash
Massaen
Thor665
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 10:08

Never called you amateur. So relax and chill, enjoy the game when it kicks off.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 12:38

Raven, he didn't say that you called him an amateur, he asked what OCC meant. I think OCC is a misspelling, by the way, soulthirster, and it was supposed to be OOC which is Out Of Character.

Thor, my apologies, but time is to short at the moment for me to contribute regularly to this RP.

It would have been nice if I could join, but alas, it was not meant to be.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 14:08

@Cavash - sorry to hear that, I'll keep you in mind if I need a replacement though.

@soulthirster8 - looking over the character now, will respond to your PM with any thoughts I have.

@Mass - Wink
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 15:40

The Sslyth is undergoing review - still at least 3 slots open at this time even if he is accepted.
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07 2012, 20:45

soulthirster8 wrote:
Wait, tell me if I'm ametur but what does OCC mean. scratch

Sorry may bad. I assumed you were upset, not asking a serious question. With my dyslexia never noticed the OCC not being OOC. opps hehe Embarassed
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08 2012, 20:55

Thats ok. I'm trying a mandrake.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 01:56

Soulthirster has conditionally become the official second player as long as he's comfortable with the onle line I wanted him to delete from his character backstory.

A Mandrake Assassin and an Incubi bodyguard - things are already looking amusing.

@Soulthirster - if you're good with the adjustment, feel free to post up a modified character sheet with the information you feel would be public to the group.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 03:35

Just got a very nice entry - we have a sniper in our midst now (and a (gasp) Kabalite Warrior at that!).

Presuming Soulthirster accepts, there are only two slots left.
Potentially that will be a full set if both Ruke and Massaen get in characters as well. This is filling up pretty fast, thanks guys!

Also, liking the characters thus far, we've got a nasty group but I think they'll have some interesting meshing.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 05:29

Pm sent re my idea Thor... I have a basic premise sorted but wanted you to clear the idea before I flesh it out
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 05:46

Appreciate the head's up - reply PM and thoughts sent.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 06:34

Thor, I sent you my character, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 06:58

Just did a quick scan as it is silly late right now, but my gut reaction is to like it.

I'll give it a once over tomorrow to make sure I still feel that way when awake Wink But he is certainly filling a lot of the weaknesses of the other confirmed characters currently.

I feel like a lot of players will be competing hard for the 'unique snowflake' card so I may end up trying to guilt you or Ruke into running a more Kabal themed character - but I do like your Haem.

Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 09:10

Name: Gwyn

Equipment: Personally modified long barreled splinter rifle with a precision scope and rangefinder, pair of splinter pistols,cameleoline cloak taken as a trophy from an eldar ranger: manual and electric lock pick, some dried meat a bottle of hydrating fluids, 2 extra clips for each pistol and only one extra for the rifle the rest having been lost, a basic weapon maintenance kit, A single toxin grenade.

Background: once saved the life of a sybarite and demanded the chance too prove himself worthy of joining the kabal as recompense. Was honored by the notice of the Archon himself for finding and shooting two eldar rangers of Craftworld Alaitoc. He is known in the kabal as a marksmen what is more commonly known is that he has no aptitude for the brawl or close kill and will surely run from a fight or shoot his opponent before he can get close. Nothing else is known about his background of where he was trained or even what his profession was before except that those who ask pointed questions are often found sometime later with a splinter single shard through an eye.

Personality: unpredictable just as likely to laugh at a jest as shoot you for it. Usually quiet and cold. keeps to the background of events as much as possible.

Unsettled score: A known fear of haemonculi and the mad sciences they perform on their and others bodies. No reason as to why is known amongst the kabalites.

Appearance: very average in all physical respects the only noticeable or even memorable trait is a stark white hair.

Skills.

Guns +5
Stealth +4
Survival +4
Burglary +3
Athletics +3
Alertness +2
Deceit +2
Engineering/Science +1
Endurance +1
Resolve +0
Investigation -1
Drive/Piloting -1
Might -2
Art (Dance) -2
Intimidation -3
Academics -3
Leadership -4
Weapons -4
Fists/Martial Arts -5

Application sent and approved thanks a lot! Really looking forward to it :-)

Last edited by helvexis on Wed Oct 10 2012, 01:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added +/- for skills for reference.)
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 09:55

Pm sent with character... Not the one I had come up with but still pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 16:29

And that exploded overnight.

Looks like we have a murderous nobleman addicted to speed and a nasty Haemonculous crawling out to join the gathering. Soulthirster also confirmed his character.

Once everyone gets their characters posted up in here we should be able to get this shindig underway.
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 20:54

Here's my guy, pm'ed first.

Name: Vecrelonis

Equipment: Scimitar, claw, teeth, balefire and flesh robes.

Backround: No one knows where the mandrakes came from. No one knows what they are. But the people of Commoragh all know of their abilities and that they can come out of the merest shadow or reflection, track a single individual in a sprawling matropolis or let solid blows and shots pass right through them like smoke. The ancient mandrake Vecrelonis is a master of all of these and has a record of killing his targets in extremely ironic ways as those who witness it will all know.

When archon Elkthrae’s rival archons were starting to snip away at his political power piece by piece like the parasites of some great beast, he sent assassin after assassin after their necks, but each was slaughtered, discovered as they slipped a razor from a secret pocket or as they poured a drop of hypertoxin into the cup by the sharp eyes of the archons and their ever vigilant bodyguards.
Pacing up and down his thrown room a crease at his brow, a shadowy figure appeared from behind the fold of a drape. His kabalite trueborn ran at the shadowy figure, surrounding him. Shocked at the upstart, Elkthrae took the mandrake as an assassin and ordered the trueborn to have him killed. They ran at him as one, shardcarbines blazing. Not one shot hit their mark. They tossed their empty weapons aside drawing their knives and pistols. The later had no effect as per the shardcarbines and all the while the figure stood there almost bored, but a grin crept across his face as a he drew the large blade from its flesh strap. He moved as a blur, one moment there and the next not as the first hit the marble in two pieces, than the next decapitated, than the next and the next. None had a chance to even react as they were cut apart.
The archon drew his weapon but the figure simply sheathed the blade. Without lowering the weapon, Elkthrae demanded his purpose. The figure introduced himself as Vecrelonis, a mandrake. He then said that he could help for a price.
The next night, all of Elkthrae’s rivals were found dead. Archon Vorolsque was jettisoned into space as his flagships bridge had a flicker in its atmospheric containment field, returning to a webway portal above the planet, after one of many a raid he loved to go on. Archon Shatiin was shot to pieces by her malfunctioning automated turrets as she walked her fortress walls asserting her dominance. A smile crept across Elkthrae’s face as he read the report. Vecrelonis had secured his place as top assassin in the Flashing Blade.
He is now one of the inner circle members and is paid for services for some time in advance.
Vecrelonis is always lurking in the shadows of his master’s throne, waiting for the request of a new hunt, thirsting for souls. Every time he does go on a hunt, he will quickly acquire information on the target, and then kill them in the most efficient and ironic way as is his calling card. He has never failed in a hunt known and will stalk them relentlessly for as long as it takes to succeed. Vecrelonis also thinks of the craftworld kin as not seeing the universe truly and being weaklings but with Biel Tann going to war with foolish hope of restoring the old empire. They think they can hide behind their paths from what they will become eventually, but no matter how far they run, they will become like the rest of their race.
When the bombardment started, Vecrelonis was still infiltrating the command complex, but as soon as he heard the booming noise, he knew the battle was lost. He had no hope of being able to travel all the way back to Commoragh on his shadow teleportation as even that had some range limit, so he decided to find any survivors of the raiding party and try to find a way home. He teleported to the furthest shadow he could fit through and then started the trek through the sunbaked and shadowless waste lands.

Unsettled score: A certain high member of the hive city who he vowed to kill as part of a personal oath he takes to succeed or die trying in an assassination.

Personality: Vecrelonis is known to be completely and utterly unreadable with expressions with the only hint of emotion being his malevolent eyes. When he speaks, his voice is a low growl barely a whisper expressing deep hate. Easily provoked, he will glare fiercely at and harbours a personal hate for whoever is responsible, although he rarely takes it out on the spot. Vecrelonis also enjoys carving dark poems into the flesh of captives as a hobby.

Appearance: Vecrelonis looks like most mandrakes with sigils burning in his flesh, baleful eyes and a cloak of flesh; except that the cloak starts as a hood and works its way down to cover his entire body like an intimidating full body hoddie which he uses to conceal that his person. It parts in the middle but is tied by a thick rope to hold it up often shadowing his face completely. Most of the time, Vecrelonis sits there silently speaking only briefly when talked to but all other times silently just standing there, emotionless.

Skills:
• Stealth +5
• Deceit +4
• Weapons +4
• Fists/Martial arts +3
• Athletics +3
• Intimidation +2
• Investigation +2
• Alertness +1
• Endurance +1
• Burglary +0
• Survival -1
• Might -1
• Resolve -2
• Leadership -2
• Guns -3
• Art -3
• Drive/Piloting -4
• Academics -4
• Engineering/Science -5

Last edited by soulthirster8 on Wed Oct 10 2012, 12:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 23:29

Character Name: Vivi

Equipment: Ropes tied from his writs and ankles to his waists.

Background: Tubeborn or True? These terms mean nothing to Vivi. As a haemunculous, his concern is not with his place in life, but rather what he can learn from his experiments. He prides himself on his hellmask collection, he makes one from each of his subjects, and has never worn the same mask twice in all his years as a practitioner of the medical arts.

Unsettled Score: A haemunculous makes many enemies in their long years. Any self respecting member of the dark kin has too many enemies to count.

Personality: Vivi is a cold, calculating scientist.

Appearance: It's easy to mistake Vivi for a slave at first, due to the ropes binding his arms and ankles to his waist. To the trained eye the hellmask he is sure to be wearing acknowledges his higher position. Vivi also has a fascination with the archaic, and hence has surgically replaced parts of his body with steam machines and cogs. His vestigial arm is a grotesque steam contraption, and his right eye has been replaced with autofocusing lenses, only slightly superior to standard Dark Eldar eyesight. His kneecaps are a unholy mixture of flesh and gear, and allows his knees to bend both forward and backward.

Skills:

The ability to do what needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 01:05

Once Massean gets his character posted up I'll start up the roleplay right away.

Spoiler:

I imagine this will be a cooperative roleplay insomuch as story flow goes, so though I have some preconceived notions about how posts will go feel free to experiment a bit to get your own flow going.

Feel free to have in character conversations 'in thread' via a number of back and forth posts.

Feel free to explore your options - I have oft been called a fairly adaptable GM (and here I almost have infinite time to re-plot every time you guys try to throw a curve ball) so unless you really want some railroad tracks, expect to see something of a large sandbox...a large and deadly sandbox.

Also, feel free to come up with your own hidden plots and goals - I encourage potential backstabbing if you think you can get away with it Wink

Skills Explained
Spoiler:

Also, I'm ducking out of town Thursday - Sunday of this week and probably will not be around much, but will post up the first game post before I leave no matter what.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 01:19

so im more likely to fall over and and kick myself in the head if it comes to unarmed combat than actually injure the other guy ... this is exactly what i wanted Smile
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 02:04

We aim to please. Wink
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 02:17

Ruke is your coven name known throughout the kabal?
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 02:37

negative, im a freelancer, i have no coven...
Back to top Go down
soulthirster8
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 09:12

Helvexis, not a critisim, but if your a kabalite warrior, how did you excape the bombardment? I thought you'd be with the rest of the guys. just curious. Smile
And what were you thinking of as your guy, Massaen?
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 09:28

I'm going to at this point presume we came out of a web way gate and not all got shot down from space cause that would be awkward for most of us ... Well yes I would have been with the rest of the guys ... But so would the Incubi and haemonculus be possibly even more dangerous for them if the imperium knew which was the flagship.

In which case my squads raider was on the fringes of the formation and merely got blown to large chunks instead of fine sand. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say its how most of us survived an imperial bombardment ... Rolled a natural 20 ;-)

You didn't let the imperial governor know we were coming did you to get out of being bound in service did you?
*rhetorical question* but one I intend to ask once we get started
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 11:34

soulthirster8 wrote:
And what were you thinking of as your guy, Massaen?

Meet your new dracon!

Character Name: Dracon Berginyon Tanthalus aka Manix

Background: Third born to the Archon Elkthrae, Manix is vicious and cruel as only a dark eldar aristocrat can be. With his older siblings groomed for the roles of leadership within the kabal, Manix was been left largely to his own devices of the years which has led him to indulge in many unusual past times. Known for his wild ways and violent outbursts, Manix has had a varied life in the dark city. In his youth he spent a great deal of time with the wild hellion gangs, notably the fanged maws, learning to ride the bladed skyboards they are famed for. After a rival gang destroyed the fanged maws in a running skirmish across the lower streets of Commorragh, Manix fled back to the safety of the Kabal but by that stage the thrill of speed had hooked him.

Manix took any opportunity to learn the arts of war, especially where vehicle combat was concerned be it the skyboard he had grown fond of, a reaver jet bike or the larger venom & raider craft. The piloting of such craft would normally be left to the lesser classes but Manix revelled in the thrill of the speed. He served on a ravager crew over a number of real space raids, firstly as a gunner then as the steersman later as his skills grew.
Manix has made a small name for himself in the arena where his bold and showy fighting style had made him something of a favourite to certain parts of the city. It is not uncommon for him to compete in races with the reavers when the mood takes him though he takes loosing badly and of late, he has become a target for the reaver clans looking to take out not only a rival but an upstart aristocrat. His main claim to fame involved the death of his chief rival by modifying his jetbike to carry a void mine normally deployed by Void raven bomber and then deploying the mine on the track.

Haughty and arrogant, Manix is every part the aristocrat. Despite this, when he sees the need, Manix is well spoken, composed and very well presented.

Like the Eldar of old, Manix is tall, lithe and athletic. He is the model of the eldar form with chiselled features, well proportioned physique. Dark, almost black hair frame his slightly pale skin and his flaming red eyes give him an otherworldly appearance (his eyes came from time with a haemonculus).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)   The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shattered Blade - OOC (Signups currently full - Accepting replacement queue interest)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next