THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents

Go down 
+45
Herbert West
Cavalier
SebastionSynn
Tangentical
redwulfe
Mngwa
Lord_Alino
Sulphunet
Sneaky Rufus
Crazy_Ivan
The Eye of Error
Zhul
W'fo
wilku
Sara'khil Umbrakol
Chaeril
Firdeth
malevolent_one
Eldur
Count Adhemar
Ciirian
Mortarion
citywidecrayon
Shadows Revenge
Mr_Pink
Cavash
ramtastic
Lady Malys
Preacher
Siticus the Ancient
The_Burning_Eye
SirTainly
Evil Space Elves
Keravin
Rabid Bunny
Raucir Lustingclaw
Liberame
Vanq
Hadriel Caine
GAR
Gobsmakked
Xelkireth
Garfy
Local_Ork
Sky Serpent
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2012, 00:18

Big fan of the use of Dragon Prince torsos for your Trueborn, looks really awesome and different
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 09:21

Very nice conversions. I wish I had the time, patience, skill and money to do stuff like that!
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2012, 09:26

Excellent army, Sky, It looks great...
And the conversions.. please give me more of that!!!! Awesome. My favourite is your Hekatrix with old Lelith mask... well maybe untill you paint that Duke's retinue. I'll wait for it.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2012, 11:26

@ Cavash, thanks for the compliments regarding the Warriors, I'm happy with them too. The Tantalus twins are alas still sitting in a drawer, I did have plans to make one into a piece of terrain for 6th but didn't realise how strict the rules would be for Fortifications.

@ Shadows Revenge, yeah I'm really going to ramp up the high fashion look, if bright colours work then that will be the order of the day, will probably try and freehand the kimonos.

@ citywidecrayon, thanks dude, that was the aim of the unit, try and make them as unique and individual as possible yet still functioning as a unit. There's a few of them who I'm not sure of now I have had the time to reflect on them but I'm pretty pleased.

@ Mortarion, it's the first set of models in a long time I'm actually really looking forward to painting.

@ Gobsmakked, I'm not too happy with the army on these, I rushed the red too much, I did learn at least to take my time more. My other problem is not knowing when to stop when highlighting.

@ Ciirian, yeah I'm happy with it too, a friend wants to do a whole army with those torsos, would cost a fortune.

@ Count Adhemar, they didn't really take all that long to put together, it's what I call a bit of planned spontaneity, I had thought about what models and parts I'd like to use, then pooled them all together and got converting.

@ Eldur, thank you for the kind words, I have some other stuff planned that I am looking forward to making, hopefully that will be done soon.

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 6f9f4cfc

And a small update; knocked together an Acothyst and Liquifier gun armed Wrack to go with my squad. Quite happy with the poses, planning on adding a finecast Razorwing to the Acothyst's shoulder as a spotter.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
malevolent_one
Slave
malevolent_one

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12 2012, 06:48

Loving the Duke theme!
I myself am using Dark Elf Corsair bits mixed with new Kabalite Warriors and old 3rd Edition Warriors to create a Duke army.
Keep up the amazing work!
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 15:22

Some very unique models that fit the Duke-theme really well. I can just imagine them showing off their wardrobes whilst killing. Sort of an arrogant "let's see who looks best" contest between each other. Love it.

Each model tells it's own story. The painted ones look amazing, love their armor.
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02 2012, 22:01

Massive... I honestly am feeling somewhat jealous now... Keep it coming!
Back to top Go down
Sara'khil Umbrakol
Hellion
Sara'khil Umbrakol

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04 2012, 18:46

Really nice work! Hoping to see more soon What a Face
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04 2012, 18:53

You've actually managed to make Wracks look dynamic. Great work.

So, here comes the nagging question... Tantalus? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 23:28

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 245E1870-CBFD-46E4-AD6A-B3B189288D7F-5092-0000042480C4EB12

reallyquickwiptease/RUBICONVSVIMTOWHOWILLWIN!!!???
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 23:37

The shading on the fabric is very nicely done, good contrast. Rubicon.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15 2012, 23:38

Hreat work, Sky. Nice to see you get some painting done! Very Happy
I really like how the one on the far right has come out. The skin type clothing has come out splendidly!

Also, Rubicon! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wilku
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 11:32

now, it's impressive but... what is that? Wink
looks like a heavy conversion, but I don't know neither "from" nor "to what" is the conversion made...
more details please! Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 18:49

Couldn't agree more (and less) with lady malys and cavash. Awesome models and the shading looks superb, but it's Vimto for me all the way!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16 2012, 19:23

Those guys look seriously awesome. I'd like to see a close-up though! Also, Rubicon sounds much more sinister, therefore it should win!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 22:03

Regular or diet? Real updates and responses coming soon hopefully....

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 D4420DD1-A760-4F6C-8568-5A74B060BAA1-2313-0000022AEB8DAACF
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21 2012, 22:05

Regular.
I am liking the blue hair on them. They are looking really good, I am very much looking forward to more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22 2012, 00:02

Regular.

The Duke's unit looks absolutely spiffy, but I demand close-ups! They just look so detailed that I want to see them in their entire glory!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 22:26

Another small update; finished the hair on the Kabalites and also have a close up where you can see some of the details such as eye shadow etc.

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 E4B7E437-B352-4CBD-9680-8CED647863B5-8024-00000897E8AE015D

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 D325AFBB-D268-4542-85C3-D7259A2A4717-8024-000008981109D422
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 22:30

They really do look magnificent, Sky. You've done a really good job with the hair and everything about the models, the faces, the poses and the slightly muted colours used makes them rather Grimdark.

Nice update, I shall wait impatiently for more. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 11:11

Wow, they look amazing. They must be a real treat to your opponents, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
W'fo
Hellion
W'fo

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 23:58

Sky serpent, I have to say when I saw the post I was first "Duke huh....hm...." then after seeing all your progress I must say your work is coming along beautifully! So many great conversions and an awesome paint job so far! Bravo to you sir! cherry
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 16:41

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 3C9DC2F0-687D-4551-9ECA-A22DE154C072-1383-000000F7BA803C53

I needed to make some Sniperborn for my army for a tournament on Saturday and here are the results. Since the arrival of Duke's Warriors I haven't used my original splinter toting Trueborn so decided to gut them and give them new heads and weapons. I'm pleased with them I guess, only so much you can do with a DE with a Dark Lance.

Fluffwise my idea is that they are possibly big game hunters who get their kicks out of blowing holes out of the Imperium's tanks and squealing in delight as they watch the embarked troops perish in a fireball or decapitating Ogryn's with one deft shot. I have plans to go back and add trophy poles at some point.
Back to top Go down
Zhul
Slave
Zhul

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 01:24

Good grief...absolutely stellar Dark Eldar, Sky Serpent! You have honestly made some of my favorite Kabalite Trueborn ever, good sir...totally impressive. In particular, the Trueborn that use the Dragon Prince torsos are absolutely inspired, and I can definitely see myself borrowing that idea for my own Trueborn....I would likely not have thought to do that on my own, and when they're painted up it looks so natural. Really, the thing with your conversion work is that, if one didn't know any better, you really wouldn't know they actually were conversions...which, it seems, is the hallmark of a truly great bit of converting.

Awesome work, Sky Serpent, you've inspired me to no end!

Zhul
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04 2013, 16:32

There are three facts everyone knows about me, I am the administrator of this site, I like Reece's Pieces and I am an extremely slow painter. Somehow, however I have got some strange form of painting mojo going and thought I'd show you.

These are my 5 Solar Cult Warriors, what I've done recently is the brass metal details, the flayed skin, the guns and the poison vials, of which I think were the most successful.

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 0FC0D5F3-C6A2-44CA-BD7E-888644D93667-8474-0000026112B734A6

The guns are going to have a marble look when they're finished. My idea is for them to have poison vials inside the guns, that the ammo chamber houses the shards which are pushed through the venom and out of the gun.

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 8625511B-E2DD-46F4-94A0-1CEE6A8A3DCE-8474-0000026123DA9EBB

They've also been reading the new Daemon codex to stay up to date.

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 46D6A91A-E598-4715-A09E-D3285687137F-8474-0000026132DE11CD

More of a close up where you can see the vials and more of the details. Struggling to decide on how to paint their hair and feathers, I'm thinking some form of bright orange, or a dark red, brown and cyan?

Hope you like my slight progress I've made. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents   Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Sliscus And The Sky Serpents
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next