THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How do you model Arcane wargear, etc?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

How do you model Arcane wargear, etc? Empty
PostSubject: How do you model Arcane wargear, etc?   How do you model Arcane wargear, etc? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 10:55

So, I'm a newcomer, and I'm putting together my birthday list for next month...
I have some ideas on how I want to equip my Haemonculus, and I've looked at GW's site for the model...a Finecast containing four pieces?!?!
With the options available to him, I was expecting a kit like the Space Marine Captain, with every option on the sprue!

How do you guys model the options that aren't there? Do other kits contain Caskets Of Flensing, Crucibles of Malediction and Buckets Of Mild Digestive Problems, or do you just claim that they're all stuffed in his inside pockets, like Tyranid Biomorphs or Tau Hard-Wired Systems?

As I am looking at running an Ancient and at least once more I want to differentiate between them; can you get little walking frames or flat caps for them!?

Seriously though; what do you do to represent wargear?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: How do you model Arcane wargear, etc?   How do you model Arcane wargear, etc? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 10:57

On a strict ruling of WYSIWYG you would be required to model all of these items but frankly I've never met anyone who did! Most people would just put down a Haem model and say "He's got the Casket of Flensing and a Liquifier". I doubt anyone would object too much.

Hess
Hellion
Hess

PostSubject: Re: How do you model Arcane wargear, etc?   How do you model Arcane wargear, etc? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 11:42

It's common to model WYSIWYG with weaponry, not arcane wargear. At least from my experience.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: How do you model Arcane wargear, etc?   How do you model Arcane wargear, etc? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 12:58

I modeled a Shattershard once as I ran 2 Haemies so needed to tell the differnece. I cut the barrel off one of the holstered splinter rifles, painted it blue/white and slung it across his back

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: How do you model Arcane wargear, etc?   How do you model Arcane wargear, etc? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14 2013, 16:26

the base haemie model technically has a casket and a liquifer. But for other weapons you have options...

Venomblade/scissorhands can easily said to be one of the other arms. Huskblade and agoniser can be grabbed from other kits, or you can use Urien and say his blade is a huskblade. The hexrifle is in the wrack box. The Casket can be called a crucible or a soul trap.

Anything else, Ill just say he has it in his pocket Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you model Arcane wargear, etc?   How do you model Arcane wargear, etc? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you model Arcane wargear, etc?
Page 1 of 1