THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Arcane Wargear queries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Panic_Puppet
Wych

Arcane Wargear queries Empty
PostSubject: Arcane Wargear queries   Arcane Wargear queries I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 15:21

Ok, just had a couple of quick queries about some of the arcane wargear selections haemies get access to, before I start attempting to try them out!

1) I assume that one can overwatch with the shattershard as your single use of it, and get the d3 hits as normal for a template weapon; am I also correct in assuming that if you hit a lone model (character, monstrous creature etc) multiple times, it only still only has to take one Toughness test?

2) Orb of Despair rolls to wound against the target's leadership; does it use the target's leadership, or the target's toughness for the purposes of Instant Death? (Also applicable to Vect's Obsidian Orbs). Could be very relevant to characters or FnP heavy armies!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Arcane Wargear queries   Arcane Wargear queries I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 15:53

1. Yes, it would inflict d3 hits, also since all the hits happen at the same time I would agree that only one toughness test is taken. You could probably argue this if you wanted as it's not explicit but I think most people would disagree with that intent.

2. They FAQed this - you use the Leadership (previously you used toughness and they were semi-okay)

Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Arcane Wargear queries   Arcane Wargear queries I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09 2013, 16:11

Derp, checked the FAQ first but completely eyeslipped over the one about the orbs. Thanks!

PostSubject: Re: Arcane Wargear queries   Arcane Wargear queries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arcane Wargear queries
Page 1 of 1