THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1k Team Tourney

Go down 
+2
tmonster
Tropheus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tropheus
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 14:12

I havent gotten my partner yet but was thinking about going heavy in the anti-armor section and allowing my partner to be fairly heavy vs infantry. I am bringing 2 Razorwings however for anti-troop damage.

Duke
Warriors x9 Blaster, Syberite with blaster pistol
Raider with darklance

Warriors x 10 w/ 2x Blasters, Syberite with....(dont remember if i have the points for a Syberite with Blaster pistol or not)
Raider with darklance

Trueborn x 4 with 4x blasters
Raider with darklance

Razorwing fighters x2 Night fields, monoscythe missiles

Razorwings typically will start on the table as far back as possible and pop infantry concentrations or vehicles with DLs. Everyone else will DS in and pop dangerous vehicles. I am quite used to this "Fortune favors the bold" approach to battle as my primary army has been Elysian drop troops so i know the idea of it would work within reason. Its 1k points so 3(6) dedicated anti-armor units which can rapid fire troops(if need be) should be enough.

Would love to find more points for extra warrior squads but I come up 20 points short even if I go bare warrior units with blasters. How does this look. If its an army with few vehicles I will likely try a refused flank approach and with my partner envelop the enemy force on either side. Also reserve the ability to reserve everything or bring everything on first turn depending on the situation.

Thoughts and ideas?
Back to top Go down
tmonster
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 14:49

your warriors can only have one blaster per squad.
The rest looks solid enough. I'm not so fond of deepstriking, seems unreliable
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 15:23

Oh guess I missed a word somewhere, thought they could have 2 if they had 10 guys, guess a slight rewrite of my list is in order then. Should have enough points for syberite with a blaster pistol now for that squad. I love DSing, drives people crazy.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 16:30

If your planning on deepstrike then drop the warrior squads to 5 w/blaster syb and blast pistol in a bare bones raider as they are essentially suicide units 10 will die as quick as 5 but you won't feel so bad when it happens.

Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13 2011, 17:33

Originally that was the plan and its that way in my 2k list all around. I came up 20 points over though when I did that and tried to fit in another 5 man warrior squad, so the night fields and extra guys are just point fillers. The only other thing i can think of is dropping them to 5 man and blasters and adding a third warrior squad on foot and I forget how much a dark lance is off hand(at work), that would give me more ground troops and something to hold an objective(however tenuous).
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14 2011, 14:21

Hmm Did my list again last night and here is what I ended up with.

Duke
Warriors x 8 Blaster, Syberite w Blaster pistol, raider with DL
Warriors x 5 Blaster, Syberite w Blaster pistol, raider with DL
Warriors x 5 w shredder(I didnt have enough points for anything more)

Trueborn x4 W 4x blasters, raider with DL

Razorwing fighter x2 w Monoscythes and night shields.
(996 points)

When I get the razorwings(gambling that I can get two before the tourney) I am going to magnetize the weapons between either the Dissies or DLs. In 1k points in a majority anti-armor role I am curious if I have enough AT to switch the razorwings to Dissies instead of DLs. In addition, is it worth dropping two guys from the 8 man squad to add flickerfields to the razorwings?

Edit change baron back to duke, dont know what I was thinking when I typed it
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 01:24

-2 Warriors from squad 1
- shredder in squad 3
+ Blaster in squad three
- TB Raider
+ Venom w/ 2nd Cannon

leaves list at 991 (i think)

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 13:43

I went minimal to try and maximize my firepower.
Duke
warriors x5 blaster, syberite with blaster pistol, Raider w DL
warriors x5 blaster, syberite with blaster pistol, Raider w DL
Trueborn x4 w/ 4xblasters in a Venom(No points for a second SC, otherwise they would be in a raider too)

Razorwing
Razorwing
Ravager- (still havent decided on DLs or Dissies on this model)

Seem like enough firepower for AT work? I expect quite a few marines, especially with the new daemon hunters. There are also several IG players. These would be my primary opponents I am guessing. As I have the models this is pretty much it. Got all week to build and paint them lol. Still havent decided on Dissies or DLs for the heavy choices, and magnetizing the ravager weapons is taking forever.

__Thinking dissies on the ravager and keeping DLs on the Razorwings. That way when I pop Landraiders I will have the means to pop the termies that come out.(Yeah thats 500ish points in 1k so I think it will be worth my time)
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 15:49

My suggestion to start - Drop the Duke, if you are really looking at your role in the partnership to be the primary AT he really falls short ability wise to augement an AT role. Yes he allows units to Deep strike however you have a limited number of non-deep striking vehicles already (Razorwings can already do it) and that ability can be purchased seperately. IMO you would be better served just putting Retrofire jets on them at 5pts each (cheap upgrade).

Archon - Blaster, Ghostplate Armor (cheap HQ, helps in the AT role)

Trueborn (4) - w/ x4 Blaster (Archon in here)
-Raider, FF, RJ

Warrior (5) - w/ Blaster, Sybarite w/ Blastpistol
-Raider, RJ

Warrior (5) - w/ Blaster, Sybarite w/Blastpistol
-Raider, RJ

Razorwing - 2DL, FF
Razorwing - 2DL, FF
Ravager - 3DL, FF, RJ

TOTAL 998

Now if you want to keep your AT focus but have a little CC ability toy with the idea of dropping the Archon for a Succubus with BlastPistol and Venom Blade. You reduce your AT range (blaster to blastpistol) but you pick up an INV CC save, 6 attacks (on the charge) wounding on 2+ and combat drugs (you could start with FNP to share with your Trueborn!!). You could also drop the Archon's Ghostplate and replace with a PW (just avoid any return attacks).

I didn't bother with FF on the Warrior Raiders since I figure your opponent will have other targets to worry about, namely the Trueborn or your Heavy Support.
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 16:11

Actually you are quite right in this small of a list. Dont know why I didnt think of that earlier saving 130 points. For the time being, I'll just build another Syberite and call him an Archon for the time being. That will give me some survivability on my other skimmers.

I'll have 12 total skimmers in my final list as of now so he comes in a bit more useful at that point I think.
Back to top Go down
Veldrith
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 16:18

The reason you'd want the Duke is because he allows you to deepstrike AND disembark and shoot, while Retrofire Jets do not.

The Duke is incredible for a Turn 2 alphastrike.
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 17:14

The Turn Two Alphastrike is actually what i was going for. Didnt have the book here at work for me to look at the fine wording.

But overall, keep the DLs eh?
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Kabalite Warrior
Fletch

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2011, 19:23

Tropheus wrote:
The Turn Two Alphastrike is actually what i was going for.

Thats pretty hit or miss especially in a team tourney. Worse case being your partner's 1k is left all alone facing all or most of your oppositions 2k for multiple turns making for a real quick game in most instances. It could be quite catastrophic if you dib out roles, i.e. he's focused on AI you AT, so until you come down your opponent's tanks move and fire with relative impunity.

Tbh I'm not a fan of mass deep striking unless its relatively guarenteed (i.e. an Autarch or two, for a 2+ on turn 2).

Regarding that Retrofire Jets don't let you disembark on the deepstrike, i'd be fine with that for the cost savings in a small point game with not a huge amount of vehicles (in DE terms). Blaster's 18" range is pretty deepstrike forgiving. The thought of getting out of the relative safety of the Raider to pick up a blastpistol is akin to guarenteed suicide for low T, low AV, low Model count units. Stay in the Raider until forced out or a late game objective capture.

IMO the Duke is much better served in higher point games, 1000 pts or less is just a tad bit tight especially on lists with heavy AT focus.
Back to top Go down
Tropheus
Hellion

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 05:33

Well game happened. Dice were so against us it wasnt funny. No really. I ended up buying a new block of dice for the final game and they did much better.
Game 1: Against newbish players with chaos marines and Tau. We reserved everything(on hindsight a mistake.) turn 2 i got no reserves, at all, my teammate only got his troops. Opponents to make things short were no tactical geniuses but had great rolls. Turn 3 I get most of my reserves, however, ravager deviates off the board 12 inches when getting a bead on an obliteratot squad in the open(note I was 10 inches from the board edge) and went back in reserve, my Blasterborn deviated 11 inches into a Defiler they were going to shoot at and mishapped back into reserves. My Razorwing didnt do jack to a hammerhead with darklances, the other unloaded dissies and missiles into a 5 man noise marine squad, killed 2. My one troop choice without the Duke landed and tried to shhoot the defiler and wiffed, its raider wiffed, and on their turn I lost my dissie Razor. I think the guy who pretty much played the entire game for his girlfriend was smarter than he looked and was intentionally playing as slow as he could. Turn four was last turn and Duke DS'd onto an objective giving us the lead. My other Razor fired on the 3 noise marines and killed 2.

Game 2: We go against an opponent I try to stay away from usually and his more likable friend. Blood angels standard run of the mill razorback assault spam led by a librarian. 3 RB assault squads with plasma/lascannon, a rhino, a whirlwind, a speeder and a pretty generic DE lists with raider warriors, a DL ravagers, a wych raider and archon. There was just too much armor for us to handle and again our dice rolls were just horrible. Even the other team said we were pretty much doing everything the way we should, our dice wouldnt let us. Point in case, Duke and his 5 guys charge a 7 man warrior squad. He hits 4 times and rolls 3 ones to wound. His squad hits 9 times and gets one wound, he fails the only save he had to make, fails leadership, fails initiative. That was standard the entire game. We condeded after that.

Game 3: We go against a GK/Tau army with 9 frikken TLMP squads of crisis suits. GK army was pretty small, a big guy knight thing, stormraven, termies, and a storm squad. I had bought a new brick of dice andreserved everything. Well everything but the Dissie RW and ravager come on and pretty much land where I need them. SR get a bonus to its cover save and makes all 5 saves from blasters that hit it. Duke and the boys do a single wound to the dreadknight guy, RW hits a hammerhead from behind with everything causing 5 penetrations 4 of which are saved and the one that went through causing a stun. Game went downhill but ended up with a referee call on cover saves on termies on an objective. I only killed 3 and they made their leadership and won the game.

Cant wait for the VoidRaven. I need to keep the RW armed for anti-infantry and skip the DLs. They dice just killed us bad. 4 Noise marines and a Hammerhead were all I killed the first game. The last game my rolls were decent especially the scatter dice but they just couldnt fail a save. Next time I will try something different. Perhaps try the archon route and give my vehicles upgrades heheh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1k Team Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1k Team Tourney   1k Team Tourney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1k Team Tourney
Page 1 of 1