THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Black Halo

Go down 
+52
The Yak
Black Death
Crazy_Irish
Vael Galizur
Cavalier
Bloodofthefallen2
Amornar
Ikaraii
Dii
facelessabsalom
Dogmar
Siticus the Ancient
Khain mor
Power Hungry Monkey
Malverian Drakkarth
Chaeril
wilku
PurpleSuccubus13
Bearded Dan
Ruke
The_Burning_Eye
3D
notts
Dez
Hadriel Caine
Mike
Vincenzo
dizylizy
Evil Space Elves
asdrubal vect
bork
Nepenthe
Tropheus
Local_Ork
Foo
Raucir Lustingclaw
Smurfy
Incubi Death
kenny3760
speedfreek
Preacher
Mister Feral
darkmark
Hydra
Vanq
Xelkireth
vharing
Saintspirit
Radium
Gobsmakked
killfrenzy
GAR
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Ikaraii
Slave
Ikaraii

The Black Halo - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 00:20

These are sexy. Awesome work!

Vae Victus
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 05:29

Really exceptional army, you should be proud. The colors and patterns remind me of an Egyptian theme, like some Dark Eldar captured some fantasy Tomb Kings and were like...."these guys have some good ideas...kill them and take their stuff!". Lol but seriously amazing job!
Back to top Go down
Bloodofthefallen2
Hellion
Bloodofthefallen2

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 22:25

Stunning army you have so far looking forward to what's next :-)

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t10673-bloodofthefallens-project-log#118504

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/dragonforgestudio
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02 2015, 14:12

Howdy, long time no post.

I have to admit that after a tournament I went to in June my 40K mojo had dropped off quite a bit. I guess I just needed one of those breaks to come back fresh and ready to play.

That being said, one of my best friends set up a an Apoc. campaign and I am in it with my DE. So I needed to add a few things. Like a Sickle Squadron.

Up for review are my De razorwing jet fighters, still work in progress. The idea was to add something eye catching to my De so the menace would be more impressive. And while I do love my desert scheme, we cannot live in the desert for long so reinforcements from Commorragh have come in via portal.

The goal was to break up the typical look and to make an a very dynamic design so that the jet fighters are camouflaged and interesting to look at. I had originally thought of using spirals, but as I got to thinking about it more, I decided to add "teeth/sawblades" to the design and make them kind of like lightning bolts. The colors have been reversed from the prior look, with more black and less gold, however I am hoping the look will fit in well with everything else, at least the colors should match.

I embedded the halo design in black on the model in a very large pattern, at first I found it distracting, but as I looked at the model from a distance, it really stood out, where as it kind of drops off the closer you get to looking at it. Almost like an optical illusion. The more I looked at, the more I liked it.

As always, C&C welcome. Thanks

The Black Halo - Page 5 DERazorwingjetfightWIP1_zps35373ae3

The Black Halo - Page 5 DERazorwingjetfightWIP2_zps1bcffc9d

The Black Halo - Page 5 DERazorwingjetfightWIP3_zps5512bf54

The Black Halo - Page 5 DERazorwingjetfightWIP4_zps55916516

The Black Halo - Page 5 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02 2015, 14:45

Hot damn, back with a vengeance!

Striking designs, I think my favorites are the top and bottom ones that show the desert colors more. Although, the black one in the middle is really growing on me.....

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02 2015, 16:45

Man these things are wild... I really love em. Wish I was rocking an Apoc. campaign as well. I've always loved your army keep us posted!

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 09:51

those look awesome, particularly like the sawblade style patterns as contrast to the rest of the army.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 17:09

Oh wow. I had seen pics of your army somewhere else online and I was blown away then. And now you've made even more progress and I'm even more impressed. Those jet fighters are looking wild.

On a side note, might your army's name be a reference to the album by Kamelot? If not, you really should give them a listen.

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03 2015, 23:45

Your Razorwings look fantastic, GAR, very nicely done. First, the disruptive nature of the pattern works extremely well, many such patterns are disruptive in name only, but yours actually works. Secondly, it is a pattern unlike any I can remember seeing before, so big kudos for that. And third, it's execution just makes the fighters look even more kick-ass.

Can't wait to see them all finished!

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 20:01

Wow, when I saw you posted in your project log again, I had a feeling that I really liked your models (couldn't remember the scheme) but I wasn't prepared for this. Those fights look stunning! Really well painted and as sad before, it really works well!

Now the Apo campaign has to be awesome ;-)

Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 07:34

Excuse me, but do you have 6 fingers on your right hand? Must be, because your army looks amazing!

Hellion
The Yak

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05 2015, 16:58

I love your work GAR.

These craft demonstrate how inferior the human eye is compared with that of the Dark Eldar. Whilst we humans tend to go with blotches, stripes or spots to create camouflage, your vehicles use complex interlocking patterns, subtle use of similar colours and razor sharp details.

This leads me to think that your actually a Dark Eldar.

Amazing, cant wait to see them progress!
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09 2015, 21:15

Howdy.

Been a while, so I will be dabbling in bringing this old thread back to life every now and again.

No real progress to report on my dark Eldar, but I did kind of lose my mind several months ago and picked up 6 wraithknights.

But I have to admit, I was never really all that impressed with the models as they were, so I did some major conversions on them.

So what I did was reconstruct the chest piece and add the large jewel/icon from the back of the wraithknight. I think it added some much needed character.

Secondly, I have a real personal problem with sticking these long elegant weapons on the forearms. I had nightmares about my sun cannons getting all bent up on the battle field and blasting the wraithknight back in his own face. Talk about your proverbial face palm, lol. so I did some reconstruction on the weapons converting some into shoulder mounted weapons and converting the others into 2 handed polearms.

I also wanted some variety in the poses of the legs, so I did some major cutting and refitting to get the legs to work in 5 different poses from the original.

And lastly, the head looked stupid. I kept thinking about the cone heads from Saturday night live and none of it worked for me. I was inspired by hellboy 2 and one of the characters in the movie who had the way cool head piece, so I constructed a head piece to go with my Wraithknight heads that I am very pleased with. It took about 10 or 12 iterations to get it where I liked it, but I am pleased with the results. I also had to recreate the neck so the heads would fit correctly in the pose I wanted. I made resin casts of the new neck, which is roughly twice the height of the stock part.

All in all, I like how they turned out. I think they are much more interesting to look at and more visually dynamic. I have 3 models with 2 handed sun cannon pole arms and 3 models with shoulder mounted wraithcannons.

So without further ado, here are the first set of Work in progress shots. I will post the next set of pictures shortly.

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2069_zpszmacjide

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2070_zpsz0ctmixx

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2129_zpsxjip6ghq

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2071_zpsbf06gg25

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2136_zpsqczp7qre

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2140_zpsxjzaazex

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2166_zpsiwni1uhi

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2171_zpsy0asig3x

The Black Halo - Page 5 700ea90e-913f-47f0-acd6-0307f67608fc_zpsiwdayg7s

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09 2015, 22:15

First of all, you're a bad, bad man for having six.

Beyond that they are looking very, very sexy. Mmmmm. The head-pieces and weapons look very nice. Can;t wait to see them complete.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09 2015, 22:27

LOL, I only really play APOC nowadays, and the dreamwalker formation is really good at dealing with Knight titans, bandeblades and other superheavies. I don't think my buddoes ever want to see eldar again. Smile

Last time I played them I used a baneblade as a soccer ball.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2015, 02:30

GAR wrote:
Howdy.

I did kind of lose my mind several months ago and picked up 6 wraithknights.

The Black Halo - Page 5 Ed55958672c8310d9b2723290cd9ae57
I'm getting some popcorn for this show! I really enjoyed painting only one, but you'll get an entire six pack of joy Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2015, 10:58

OH MY GIDDY AUNT!

.........................................SERIOUSLY AWESOME DUDE. I can't wait to see these finished. you have got the little cogs in my brain turning now. I want to do one (not six though Smile ). That head dress is especially cool, as well as the weapon mods you have done. Great stuff man.

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2015, 12:32

I just bought a second hand wrath knight on eBay that I am going to hack up and turn into a carnival wraith knight. Super inspiring stuff man Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2015, 17:45

Howdy,

So these are still work in progress but its more than I had before. One thing I want to mention is all but 1 of the models is converted. I converted 5 of the wraithknights legs to the poses would be varied, but there is also re sculpted and modified hands for the weapons as well as re-positioning of the feet. Also each model in addition to the new headpiece also has an elongated neck so the head can be repositioned with a more forward and downward looking pose, which enables me to make the headpiece stand up taller and not so much straight back.

The faceplate was sanded down on each model, mostly because I am not a fan of the stock part.

I'm still working on how to properly mount the wraithcannons on the shoulders so they don't interfere with the rest of the model or stick out so far forward that the models view is obstructed.

The weapons took the longest to rebuild, most of it is sun cannon parts and a whole lot of plastic card stock and some thick brass tubing for the haft of the polearm weapons.

Let me know what you think of my solution to Knight Titan dominated meta Smile

By the way, the craftworld theme is Mymeara. I just really like the blue and greens.

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2550_zpsu6xv56wd

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2543_zpsvhe7knt5

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2544_zpspr8vmtqd

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2542_zpsatfu0ayy

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2541_zpsrdr5xsou

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2548_zpscfgdnpxd

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2545_zpstdtkgljd

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2551_zpshv5jcpky

The Black Halo - Page 5 IMG_2552_zpssnq8hrce

Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17 2015, 23:01

Pffft! I have 2 and you have 6! Holy snickers bars batman! I do love the colors you're using. The conversion work is spot on too. Can't wait to see completions.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2015, 07:14

I like the conversions a lot but what model of yours needs a cage to be stored in? Shocked

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Inevitability
Slave
Inevitability

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2015, 00:31

Really nice Razorwings!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Halo
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5