THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Black Halo

Go down 
+52
The Yak
Black Death
Crazy_Irish
Vael Galizur
Cavalier
Bloodofthefallen2
Amornar
Ikaraii
Dii
facelessabsalom
Dogmar
Siticus the Ancient
Khain mor
Power Hungry Monkey
Malverian Drakkarth
Chaeril
wilku
PurpleSuccubus13
Bearded Dan
Ruke
The_Burning_Eye
3D
notts
Dez
Hadriel Caine
Mike
Vincenzo
dizylizy
Evil Space Elves
asdrubal vect
bork
Nepenthe
Tropheus
Local_Ork
Foo
Raucir Lustingclaw
Smurfy
Incubi Death
kenny3760
speedfreek
Preacher
Mister Feral
darkmark
Hydra
Vanq
Xelkireth
vharing
Saintspirit
Radium
Gobsmakked
killfrenzy
GAR
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
notts
Kabalite Warrior

The Black Halo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 19:59

This army is absolutely gorgeous!

I saw the wych WIPs, but didnt realise they were WIPs. and thought "wow these are nice"

Then see the finished ones and ..... my jaw dropped. Gorgeous!

Can't wait to see all the vehicles finished.
Back to top Go down
3D
Hellion
3D

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 20:13

I'd just like to add my tuppence worth to this log.

Wow!! Exceptional work. I have to say The Dark City is blessed with some talented painters and moddellers.

You sir have done a fine job!

Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21 2011, 20:32

Also, can you paint equally well with your right and left hands?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23 2011, 15:17

GAR wrote:
Howdy. With the advent of youth football season my paint time has dropped off significantly. Sorry..I'll try to do better.

I wish that I had a legitimate excuse...Looking forward to more updates. That halo template is really cool and simple. I take it that you paint the inner triangles freehand?
Edit: I suppose I could have read the last sentence instead of just gawking at the pictures.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2012, 11:26

Just finished reading Dune for the first time since my early teens and love the colour scheme you've come up with, really gets the idea of raiders across well. The template idea is great too, can't believe I've been painting as long as I have and haven't thought of that before. I'm working on some canopy designs for my razorwing, venoms and raiders at the moment and I'll definitely be trying that out when I get round to painting them!

You've inspired me!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 22:37

Quote :
I keep thinking about all the cool extra details I could do, but then I would never get this army done.

Get your army done, then go back and add the details! Your models will go from gahmazing to snazztastic!

Really love the blonde wyches... All of my wych models are female, and my warriors male... I just don't like the torsos for the opposite sex models... something about them bothers me... XD

Hellion
Bearded Dan

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30 2012, 17:27

I love the way you make the wyches look like a separate entity within the army, but still manage to tie them in with your overall theme. It's simply fantastic and I will have to remember it when I get around to (re)painting mine.

I have a(n) (explicit) podcast: Trapped in the BasementCast
Back to top Go down
http://trappedinthebasementcast.com/
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 00:42

Howdy.

Sorry for the lack of update's, but life can kind of be like that sometimes

Anyhoo, a picture of my nearly complete army at WargamesCon.

The Black Halo - Page 4 IMG_20120623_090848

It kind of funny, At every game before, during and after, I had countless number of people tell me how much they loved my army, took tons of pictures and compliments. I was rather flattered by all the attention.

What is funny is there were only 2 pictures I saw posted on the net after the fact. Hmmm, keep my ego in check. Yup. We can safely check that box. LOL

More close-ups as I get the chance. But we are almost there. cheers

The Black Halo - Page 4 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 22:25

Just gorgeous, i particularly like the pale helmets on the warriors. I'd have to say for me there's too many vehicles and not enough bodies, but that's a composition issue rather than anything else and certainly doesn't detract from the quality of the army.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
PurpleSuccubus13
Slave
PurpleSuccubus13

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 09:45

Wow this painting is well beyond anything I have ever painted! I guess I'm just a new player though...

wilku
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03 2012, 23:13

Are the vehicles painted with an airbrush? or is it a traditional brush blending?

anyway - awesome.

Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30 2012, 15:20

Excellent! And fast!!!

Back to top Go down
Malverian Drakkarth
Hellion
Malverian Drakkarth

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02 2012, 20:58

Been following this with eager anticipation. Really digging the colour scheme and great execution - top notch!! cheers
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 03:12

Howdy,

so I know I have been away for a while, and I am going to use my own dark powers to Necro my own thread. It hasn't really died, just been on life support for a while.

All that being said, I have 2 Haemonculus work in progress for ya'll to take a look at. I do appreciate any comments. I took the pictures with my cell phone camera, so they are not the best, my regular camera is at work and I won't have it until Monday....

I was never terribly impressed with the stock sculpt, it always seem lacking to me, especially the Candy cane sword, sheesh is that thing ugly... so I replaced it. And to keep the models different I used bits from the Talos kit to convert my second haemnculi. I plan to lake 3 more Haemonculi, but this is all I have for now.

Anyhoo, comments welcome as always.

The Black Halo - Page 4 B81dc4dd-5628-467c-a5e5-f9fa362cef34_zpsa0f5880e

The Black Halo - Page 4 Cbec005a-6124-492a-ba18-fd06d61469d4_zps9f44def1

Back to top Go down
Power Hungry Monkey
Hellion
Power Hungry Monkey

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 13:54

Nice work on the Haemis. I was never a fan of that sculpt either but, like you've shown, a few bitz from the Talos kit can make anything better

The Osseous Halls - A little fluff to go with the Coven

Stay here and guard my sandwich!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 19 2013, 16:59

The paint is awesome of course(as we've come to expect from your army).
While they are both awesome, I like the one on the bottom most. The head is my favorite from the DE line and the Talos kit parts are applied in a very natural way that gives the mini balance. Might be stealing a bit of this one...
the first one is a good conversion, but seems to be a bit overloaded on its left side with the sword and liquifier. A pretty minor gripe Razz

On another note, I am really glad to see this project log back in the limelight Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 08:14

Nice to see you back in the saddle GAR, hard to believe that these are still WIP. Beautiful work, as always, and very nice conversion work. The second with the Talos parts is well done, but I think you nailed the first one, a simple but effective improvement over the candy cane.

Nothing wrong with your cell phone camera either mate Very Happy

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2013, 12:38

This is an awesome sight, first time I see this army, the skimmers really stand out as they're something else.

The color sheme is certainly very nice

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 20:58

Howdy,

Necromancy abounds as I raise my thread from the dead and breathe a little new life into it.

I have been working on it little by little over the last year, and I would like to share what I have done to date.

I got to working on the sails, which has been giving me some issues on how to best approach them. I thought about making them white, but that made them look too much like some weird wind surfing board, so I went away from that.

Black was the next choice, but it did not really add anything to the models, it was just black.

So then I got the idea of carrying the halo design onto the sails. I got the blue coloration idea to kind of match what I have used on my infantry models. All in all I think it turned out pretty good.

I also finished up the guns and pilots/gunners. I have some more details I want to add to the vehicles, such as more weapons, riders, some slaves, and other little bits to add more interest to the vehicles as a whole.

I took my nearly finished army to the Alamo40k GT, got a couple of offers to sell it, got a few requests to do commissions, all of which I turned down. I barely have enough time to do my own models, let alone anyone elses. Still. it was very nice to hear that my army is well liked.

so onto the pictures. As always, C&C are always welcome

The Black Halo - Page 4 IMG_1348_zpsedeb6280

The Black Halo - Page 4 F5245218-c683-4ace-b8b0-b96e4cba4139_zps5c49f6ac

The Black Halo - Page 4 IMG_1387mrg_zps9fe00366

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 21:05

My god, those raiders/sails are SEXY! Twisted Evil Good call on the turquoise on the sails.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 00:14

Glad to see you posting updates again, GAR! The Ravager looks fantastic, the sails are so smoothly done. I can't wait to see it done, as much as I can't wait to see you getting more models done. Welcome back!

Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 13:15

Hey GAR, would you mind sharing what brown tone you used for shading? I'm struggling to find one that fits my Craftworlders, they're supposed to be sand colored, but they obviously look too flat without proper shading Wink
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 15:04

The color I use as my shade is I-Kore Earth.

Its a reddish dark-brown color. I'm not sure what the GW color equivalent would be.

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 20:35

Nice work Gar! I barely noticed the decapitated steersman. Awesome freehand, or is it airbrushed?

edit: I suspect I can find the answer in the earlier posts, will take some time before i go through it all though...

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Dii
Slave
Dii

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 20:53

Wow.Nice range of colour and scheme Smile
they look fantastic,btw Haemonculus is my fav Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Halo   The Black Halo - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Halo
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next