THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

help with picking color for sails

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

help with picking color for sails Empty
PostSubject: help with picking color for sails   help with picking color for sails I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 03:44

I'm painting my kabal with kantor blue. I can't figure out what color to paint the sails. If possible could you name a gw color.
I'm colorblind and it would be hard if some stated pick a light blue.
Back to top Go down
Nusquam
Hellion
Nusquam

PostSubject: Re: help with picking color for sails   help with picking color for sails I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 04:36

I know your pain, I too am colorblind. Are you going with a blue for the sails as well? Complimentary colors?

Caledor Sky is a normal/average blue, Fenrisian Grey makes for good highlights on light grey-blues where as Lothern Blue is good for more blue-blue colors.

With a tad more info I could give more input
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: help with picking color for sails   help with picking color for sails I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 14:08

If you do want a harsh contrast try a red or yellow. Blood Red or Sunburst Yellow (old colour range) come to mind here. I'm sure the store will point you to the new equivalents of these colours.

If you don't want a complimentary colour, try a bone-colour or white. Fits every single time Smile
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: help with picking color for sails   help with picking color for sails I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18 2013, 15:52

Thanks guys. Basicially, I'm using how to paint citadel minis book step by step for the dark eldar. Nusquam, I am using Fenrisian Grey for highlighting and I like how it is working for me. I'm heading towards red right now for some contrasting colors in the army but a blue does sound interesting also. I have not come up with a name for Kabal but it is going to include the word moon in it (possibly Kabal of the Dark Moon). So the continuous of blue in the sails might make more sense then. I will just have to paint both and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with picking color for sails   help with picking color for sails I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help with picking color for sails
Page 1 of 1