THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Duke List

Go down 
+2
Brom
MongooseDog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2013, 14:51

This is for my campaign game coming up. It will be against Dark Angels. I expect tons of missile launcers, a couple of rhinos and a Land Raider. Terrain will be plentiful but not all is high enough for LoS blocking. Here is the list as of now.

[Link removed]

That is:
10 lances
6 Blasters
5 Splinter Cannons
23 Splinter Rifles (for when the tanks go pop)

I hope To take out the rhinos with Blasters and the LR with the lances. If they pop the venoms and warriors can clean up the mess.

What do you guys think?

Please keep all links to things such as blogs to your signature. Cheers - Cavash.

Wych

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 05:35

If hes bringing a LR its likely venerable with 4++. If so better to just ignore it, all your dark light isnt likely to scratch it.

Where are the missiles coming from, typhoons I assume but maybe devs?
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 15:11

Devs and speeders. I doubt the LR will be of the 4++ kind.

Hellion
Caranthir987

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 19:08

not sure what you have in your list really aside from a couple of ravagers and raiders by the looks of the lance breakdown, as well as perhaps a couple of venoms.

I played against 4++ DA LRC spam at the UKGT finals in the relic mission. Stupidly I forgot that ravenwing get their scout move and lost first blood, and I had line breaker and more than 3/4 of my army still left as he couldn't hit me with NS on my vehicles wheras he drew the game with only 2 guys left (one of which was his Warlord librarian on 1 wound grr) and his last LRC parked ontop of the relic meaning I couldn't pick it up.

Long and short of it is, I do agree with the other poster here that darklight is going to do sod all against LR spam, so if he does start using that throughout the campaing you'd be better in taking a raider with 8 wyches in with haywires than just lancing it. If his ML shots are coming from devastators they are your target numero uno for splinter shots

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 19:28

I havd another list that pulls a ravager for wyches. Might try it.

Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 16:17

Version 2.0

HQ
Duke Sliscus the Serpent

Elites (292pts)
3x Kabalite Trueborn (146pts)
3x Blaster
Venom
Splinter Cannon

3x Kabalite Trueborn (146pts)
3x Blaster
Venom
Splinter Cannon

Troops (515pts)
9x Kabalite Warriors (151pts)
Raider
Splinter Racks

5x Kabalite Warriors (110pts)
Venom
Splinter Cannon

5x Kabalite Warriors
Venom
Splinter Cannon

7x Wyches (144pts)
Raider
Dark Lance

Fast Attack
6x Reaver Jetbikes (152pts)
Cluster catrops

6x Reaver Jetbikes (152pts)
Cluster catrops

Heavy Support
Ravager (115pts)
Nightshield

Ravager (115pts)
Nightshield

Total 1491

Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28 2013, 18:21

Caranthir987 wrote:
I do agree with the other poster here that darklight is going to do sod all against LR spam
Remember that the latest DA FAQ has now nerfed this somewhat. The powerfield has to be outside the LR in order for the LR to gain the 4++ save. I imagine it would be hidden behind the LRs, but the unit can now be picked off with bladevanes (and those caltrops with new wound allocation rules), or hit in the flank by splinter fire or disintegrators once they advance closer to your lines. Then darklight can do what it does best vs AV14.

Back to top Go down
Caranthir987
Hellion
Caranthir987

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 13:20

Aye its been FAQ'd now, but at GT finals it was all good - or bad in my case :/

I see your from Scotland Squireboy - not going to ask your name on such a public forum but do you play in Glasgow, or use the Caledonian Deathwatch forum? Just curious to see if I know you

http://annihilatedsouls.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 16:10

I'm having trouble seeing the use of sliscus in this list. Am I missing something?

1, you have no unit to benefit from his poison upgrade.
2, none of your combat drugs units are particularly specced for CC, so they won't get much benefit either.
3, You don't have a ton of mech with which to use some funky deep strike strategy.

As I said, I might be missing something, but I don't really see what sliscus brings to the game that couldn't be better served by an archon.

EDIT: And this is coming from someone who is gay for sliscus.
Back to top Go down
MongooseDog
Kabalite Warrior
MongooseDog

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 16:16

Duke goes with the 9 guys. Wyches get drugs. Not gonna deep strike

Trueborn

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 16:28

Ah, gotcha. I didn't see the 9 warriors the first time around. Don't forget, your reavers also get drugs. But neither your reavers, or the wyches are upgraded for CC, so the drugs really won't help much, imo.

Just seems like you're paying a hefty premium to field sliscus while not really getting much out of it. You CAN get a decent amount out of it, I just don't think this list is doing so at the moment.
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 20:18

Double chance for a Pain Token to start is worth quite a few points, in my opinion.

I think you're a little top-heavy on Reavers, and would recommend going for the popular 9+Venom Blade Arena Champ+3 Weapons build, with Blasters being first choice of weapon and Caltrops second if you know for sure he'll have dudes with MLs. One big unit let's you totally wipe a unit as you bladevane, conserves Pain Tokens, and gives you less opportunities to get charged with a lesser total backfield footprint.

The savings can buy you a third Ravager, more Wyches, or more Trueborn. A bit more darklight saturation would be nice to pop Rhinos early to let Venoms go to work.

Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 21:55

Caranthir987 wrote:
I see your from Scotland Squireboy - not going to ask your name on such a public forum but do you play in Glasgow, or use the Caledonian Deathwatch forum? Just curious to see if I know you
I live in the north east, so we probably don't know each other. Greetings, anyway!

On the new list, I have some thoughts:

Sliscus. Agree that he is not really worth his points here...the drugs roll will really only be useful to the wyches, and they are in a small unit (with no character upgrade to take challenges or a nifty weapon) that will die very quickly once the Duke joins them (since they will become a target priority). The 3+ poison goes to a few splinter rifles...again, underwhelming; if the Duke is going to do the 'unit swap' thing at the beginning of the game, you may as well upgrade them to 10 and grab a splinter cannon.

Reavers. Yes, one big squad would be better than two smaller ones in this case. 3xcaltrops will annihilate an infantry unit. Or go for the shooting weapons if you are not sure you will face a lot of foot squads (& heat lances will take care of land raiders very nicely).

In general, everything else is fine, though i would personally not bother with the night shields as you will be up against a lot of 48" range stuff. You do lack some really decent assault elements - the duke is pretty good, but will run into trouble on his own i.e. when the wyches die. The rest is all shooty, which is fine as long as you are confident of out-shooting the Dark Angels. Have you thought about what you can do vs deepstriking terminators? Or heaps of landspeeders & bikes? Just throwing out a few thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500 Duke List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Duke List   1500 Duke List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Duke List
Page 1 of 1