THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vehicles Providing Cover Saves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Exort1
Hellion

Vehicles Providing Cover Saves Empty
PostSubject: Vehicles Providing Cover Saves   Vehicles Providing Cover Saves I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 23:53

Hello, I got into a debate the other day while playing a game, so I come to you guys! Smile

Here's the question: when a model (be it on foot, a MC or a vehicle) is partially covered (>25%) and thus granted a cover save by a vehicle that's hindering the line of sight, does it grant a 5+ cover save like any other unit would or does the save vary depending on how much it covers the model you're firing at?

A second issue that was brought up is: when firing at a unit, say a blob of guards with a blast template, and some of the models in said unit is granted a cover save (let's say 4+ by ruins in this example), but the ones that have the cover save aren't actually the ones in front, and thus the wounds won't be allocated to them first, does the entire unit have a 4+ cover save? Or do we first take into account whatever save the models that are closest to the shooting unit first, and only once they're dead do we use the 4+ save from the ones in the back?

Thank you very much in advance, damn GW staff confusing me..
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Providing Cover Saves   Vehicles Providing Cover Saves I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 00:27

BRB p.18 wrote:
If a target is partially hidden from the firer's view by models from a third unit (models not from the firer's unit, or from the target unit), it receives a 5+ cover save in the same way as if it was behind terrain. Similarly, if a model fires through the gaps between models in an intervening unit, the target is in cover, even if it is completely visible to the firer.
So, if a model is partially covered by a model from an intervening unit, which a vehicle can be, it receives a 5+ cover save, whether it is covered 30% or 95%.
If the intervening unit is a squadron of vehicles you receive a cover save, whether or not your model is covered at all, as long as the shot goes in between two of the vehicles.

BRB p.18 wrote:
If, when you come to allocate a Wound, the target model's body [...] is at least 25% obscured from the point of view of at least one firer, Wounds allocated to that model receive a cover save
So, yes if the closest model isn't obscured you don't get a cover save and you continue to not get one, until a model that is allocated a wound is obscured from the point of view of at least one firer.
Back to top Go down
Exort1
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Providing Cover Saves   Vehicles Providing Cover Saves I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 06:41

Ahh thank you so I was right on both points! I'd be very grateful if you could just point out where exactly these are found in the BRB? (for the first point I suppose the paragraph about cover saves on p18 is enough)
It's just that it's the manager of my local GW who contradicted me on both these points, I'd like to prove  him wrong and be 100% accurate while doing it, this isn't the first time he's corrected me wrongly.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Providing Cover Saves   Vehicles Providing Cover Saves I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 10:00

Tri Rana posted the page number at the top of the quotes (they are both page 18).
Back to top Go down
Exort1
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Providing Cover Saves   Vehicles Providing Cover Saves I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 17:24

Mushkilla wrote:
Tri Rana posted the page number at the top of the quotes (they are both page 18).
Ahh yes I apologize, didn't see Smile Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles Providing Cover Saves   Vehicles Providing Cover Saves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicles Providing Cover Saves
Page 1 of 1