THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar - new army shopping

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

Dark Eldar - new army shopping Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar - new army shopping   Dark Eldar - new army shopping I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 21:13

Dear gents.

I am in the process of shopping for a new DE army, and my current "wish list" looks something like this;

HQ;
Archon, Heamy & Urien Rakarth

Troops:
40x Kabalite Warriors
20x Wyches
10x Wracks

Transport:
4x Venom
3x Raider

Elites:
5 Incubi

Fast:
9x Reavers

Heavy:
2x Ravager
1x Razorwing
1x Talos

Totalling around 2200p with nothing added on.

This lot would run me around 390€ (I already have and old battleforce essentially) andi have roughly 650€ to spend. My question to you all is more or less the following.

Is this money well spent/could be spent better? And what do i do with the rest? Dive into the "expensive" parts of Dark Eldar (ie Grots, Beastpacks? Further build with stuff i currently don't see myself playing (Hellions, Parasite Engine & Scourges)? Or should i spend the last dough on some Eldar models to add an ally attachment, as there is quite some cash left it is even a good start to a possiblesecond army?

What sayeth the hive mind?

/C
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - new army shopping   Dark Eldar - new army shopping I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 22:14

Well, it's not exactly an answer to your question, but I'd say get some games in with what you do have (or soon will have), before deciding what to add next. Most of the stuff in the Codex is viable, at least for some, but you won't know what suits you unless you play. So there's no point dropping money on stuff now you don't even need.
Back to top Go down
Jack Frost
Kabalite Warrior
Jack Frost

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - new army shopping   Dark Eldar - new army shopping I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15 2013, 22:21

Im a big fan of Wyches and Scourges. I play about 95% fun, theatrics, story, and 5% competition.
Some of the most fun battles I've had was while losing horribly. I still haven't figured out all of the endless strategies the DE offer but there are plenty of minds here with plenty of good advice. So good luck with the build. Look forward to your outcomes.
Thanks.

-Jack-
Back to top Go down
http://jmsjacobsen@gmail.com
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - new army shopping   Dark Eldar - new army shopping I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 00:01

Looks pretty good although 40 warriors is likely more than you will use unless you just want some to convert trueborn from.

Beasts and grots are better from conversions or alternate ranges in IMO so I say get some eldar although some hellions will be needed for your beast packs.
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - new army shopping   Dark Eldar - new army shopping I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 11:44

Jack Frost wrote:
Im a big fan of Wyches and Scourges. I play about 95% fun, theatrics, story, and 5% competition.
Some of the most fun battles I've had was while losing horribly. I still haven't figured out all of the endless strategies the DE offer but there are plenty of minds here with plenty of good advice. So good luck with the build. Look forward to your outcomes.
Thanks.

-Jack-

For me fun and somewhat competetive goes hand in hand. I will not play something just for the sake of fluff/fun, but I don't mind curveballs.

Ben_S wrote:
Well, it's not exactly an answer to your question, but I'd say get some games in with what you do have (or soon will have), before deciding what to add next. Most of the stuff in the Codex is viable, at least for some, but you won't know what suits you unless you play. So there's no point dropping money on stuff now you don't even need.

I think this might actually be the best advice and as you mention it it makes sense. I might add some additional transports 1 raider & 1 Venom or something and then get some experience.

Brom wrote:
Looks pretty good although 40 warriors is likely more than you will use unless you just want some to convert trueborn from.

Beasts and grots are better from conversions or alternate ranges in IMO so I say get some eldar although some hellions will be needed for your beast packs.

The 40 warriors comes from 1 old Battleforce (20 warriors) and 2 new Battleforces. The 2 new ones simply because i think its more efficient to buy Wyches, Raiders and Reavers separately.

Some will for sure be used for Trueborns in any case like you say. As for Grots, I've already seen som conversions for this that looks good and i might go down that path at some point. For Beastpacks, is it conversions as well? Or what other range are you referring to?

Thanks for the feedback all of you.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - new army shopping   Dark Eldar - new army shopping I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2013, 18:20

I use confrontation hounds pre painted.. Dirt cheap and awesome models for about 3-4 bones each. RW flocks I use hellion skyboards converted into "razor drones" and magnetized. Just my opinion but I think they look far cooler than bird flocks do although the Forgeworld nid swarms are really cool too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - new army shopping   Dark Eldar - new army shopping I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar - new army shopping
Page 1 of 1