THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elazar The Glorified
Hellion

1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 10:28

EDIT: Revised list further down after tournament pack announced

Got a tournament coming up and fancied a dual Eldar and Dark Eldar list for it. Whilst I have some flexibility in my list as some of these aren't yet purchased some of this is already owned so I'm trying to get a decent build from that.

HQ

Farseer w/ Singing Spear on Jetbike
Duke Sliscus

ELITES
4 Trueborn w/ Blasters in Venom w/ Dual Splinter Cannon

TROOPS
9 Kabalite Warriors in Raider
7 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades, Hydra Gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser in Raider
5 Windrider Jetbikes
5 Windrider Jetbikes
5 Windrider Jetbikes

FAST ATTACK
6 Reaver Jetbikes w/ 2 Blasters, 2 Cluster Caltrops

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances
Fire Prism w/ Shuriken Cannon, Holofields

My biggest concern is anti-flyer. I could add a Crimson Hunter but I'm not convinced by it and it's only ever so slightly more likely to down a flyer than the Ravager and Trueborn are if I get the Farseer to use Guide and Prescience to twin-link them both.

All opinions and suggestions appreciated Smile

Last edited by Elazar The Glorified on Sun Jul 14 2013, 12:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11 2013, 19:56

My first thoughts are that you could maximize points efficiency by re arranging your 3 units of five jet bikes into one unit of nine and another of six then drop the caltrops and hydras to buy cannons for the bikes.
Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 05:30

Your Heavy Supports give you quite some crowd control Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Elazar The Glorified
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 06:45

@Bibitybopitybacon: Thanks, my only concern there is are units of 9 not clumsy to get around the board? I don't know as i've never used a jetbike unit that big but I know with Space Marine bikes big units were more grief for me than anything else so I was a bit dubious. I suppose with terrain not being as big an issue to movement I can make that work.

@Blutvogt: Yeah, well I love the versatiliy of the new Fire Prism rules and my Dark Eldar have always struggled a bit with blob units. I also really love the Fire Prism mini Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 06:49

Would it be better to have 1+2 or 2+1 between Fire Prisms and Night Spinners?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Elazar The Glorified
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 10:32

Yeah I've been toying with swapping one Fire Prism for a Night Spinner but can't make up my mind. Definitely a case for magnetising the weapons anyway! Smile
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12 2013, 12:02

Night Spinner - Str8 blast or Torrent - pinning, monofilament, can fire without LoS and be guided. Great for taking out Teq and AGL and Wraiths.

I much prefer Night Spinner to Fire Prism.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Elazar The Glorified
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13 2013, 18:13

Tournament pack has been confirmed now so it's actualy 1850pts and uses an old style victory points score modifier to work out your tournament score after each game.

So a slightly revised list - this is still with Fire Prisms as I continue an internal debate about which of the two template totting Heavy Support choices I want to use so might need some revision.

1850pts

HQ
Farseer w/ Singing Spear, Jetbike
Duke Sliscus

ELITES
4 Kabalite Trueborn w/ Blasters in Venom w/ Dual Splinter Cannon

TROOPS
9 Windrider Jetbikes w/ 3 Shuriken Cannons
6 Windrider Jetbikes w/ 2 Shuriken Cannons
9 Kabalite Warriors in Raider w/ Dark Lance
7 Wyches w/ Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix w/ Venom Blade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher in Raider w/ Dark Lance

FAST ATTACK
6 Reaver Jetbikes w/ 2 Blasters, 2 Cluster Caltrops, Arena Champion w/ Venom Blade

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances, Night Shields, Flickerfield

Other than the Windrider unit composition change suggested by Bibityboppitybacon I've added an Arena Champion to the Reavers and given him a Venom Blade, main reason for this is I see the Reavers being the most likely unit for my Farseer to join so this gives him some challenge protection.

@egorey The Night Spinner is looking very tempting (and cheaper in points) will have to have a few practices with a few combinations and see if I can find one I'm comfortable with. The biggest appeal of the Fire Prism to me is that it's so horrificly anti-meq they'll hopefully get lots of attention whilst the rest of my army can get on with its job. Farseer can guide them too to try and ensure their first turn of shooting is suitably intimidating to further enforce that impression... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2013, 19:49

From my own internal mathhammer two prisms and one night spinner seem to be the golden figure. The prism only really shines when its guided and you can only twinlink 2a turn with a farseer.
My thoughts are that you keep the prisms back with the farseer twinlinking them while you move the spinner further forward behind LOS blocking retain throwing out barrage large blasts. If anything tries to go to you back field use your torrent to give them trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar   1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pts Eldar & Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1