THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

tricks of the trade

Go down 
+6
MurDok
Azdrubael
greater_fishy
Black Death
psycheer
ecam
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ecam
Hellion

tricks of the trade Empty
PostSubject: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 12:52

When playing dark eldar what kind of cunning little tricks do you like to use from the down right evil to simple things you may over look.
A simple one I enjoy using is a raider with 10 wraks and 2 liquifiyer guns can spray there evil venom on Amy floor of a ruin as the skimmer allows you to float up as high as you want.Its even more fun when ypuyou roll ap 1 and ap2 lol. Any one else use this or has there own favort.
Back to top Go down
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19 2013, 13:35

I've never thought about that!

When i run groups of raiders and ravagers together, i'll save a raider for last(usually the wounded one) and turbo boost it to block line of sight to my other vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20 2013, 04:01

I only own 5 wracks but I guess that could work with using a venom too. And blocking LOS with a wounded one, well that's just cool. I don't really have one myself but I'm gonna figure some out.
Back to top Go down
greater_fishy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 08:26

One of my favorite tricks is to have a Raider with 5 Wracks and a Liquefier Heamonculus mixed in with my other Raiders/Ravagers. It is surprising how effective the two Liquefiers followed by assaulting with furious charge can be.
Also it helps that I have lots of Raiders and some opponents will forget they are there or which raider they're in.
Back to top Go down
http://guysandmodels.blog.com/
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 20:03

Atack, and if you need to defend atack some more and hope that works (c) Thor
Back to top Go down
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 20:43

greater_fishy wrote:

Also it helps that I have lots of Raiders and some opponents will forget they are there or which raider they're in.
I love the eggshell game!

Another trick is to keep track of invuln/cover saves/armor saves on your priority targets, sometimes forcing your opponent to decide when to take his 5+ invuln or to hit the deck and grab a 4+ cover save, or even spamming them with enough splinter fire to force a failed 3+ armor save.

There's the ol' throwing haywire grenades at zooming fliers! (i should try it against a FMC)
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 20:47

I like keeping 2 venoms in reserve with 4x Blasterborn in each one, my opponents always seems to forget about them until they deep strike in and rain down death and destruction. xD
Back to top Go down
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 22:36

psycheer wrote:
greater_fishy wrote:

There's the ol' throwing haywire grenades at zooming fliers! (i should try it against a FMC)
I always forget about being able to throw haywire granades I must make a note of it and start trying it out
Back to top Go down
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23 2013, 22:39

[quote="MurDok"]I like keeping 2 venoms in reserve with 4x Blasterborn in each one, my opponents always seems to forget about them until they deep strike in and rain down death and destruction. xD[/

I always take at least one blaster venom when I play and my friends do now tend to target it as they have seen what it can do so I think I will give this a try Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 00:54

Everything in the Dark Eldar army is a trick of the trade Wink But one thing that is nice to do is to get a free move with Hellions when your opponent charges you, you decline every challenge and just hit and run away from him and leapfrog somewhere into his deployment. Jump infantry troops with strength four, poisoned weaponry and a 2++ dirt cheap independent character leading them is a great tool to wield in the first place, even before they have hit and run...
Back to top Go down
ecam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 04:30

Mr Believer wrote:
Everything in the Dark Eldar army is a trick of the trade Wink But one thing that is nice to do is to get a free move with Hellions when your opponent charges you, you decline every challenge and just hit and run away from him and leapfrog somewhere into his deployment. Jump infantry troops with strength four, poisoned weaponry and a 2++ dirt cheap independent character leading them is a great tool to wield in the first place, even before they have hit and run...
I have never used hellions but after reading this I think I will perches a few boxes and make a squad. How many wouldyou rrecommend in a squad mate
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 08:00

15+ and a Baron.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 08:09

Concentrate your fire, make sure you finish off units to get the pain token - and make sure the unit that delivers the coup de grace needs and can use that token.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 09:18

Vehicles first; passengers second. Try and get those pain tokens on troops. But don't get blindsided by the idea and decline to finish something off just so you can maybe get a pain token next turn.

Focussing firepower is key - because we're so fragile, even weakened units can pose a threat. Pick a target, and keep picking on it until it's gone.

Give your opponent choices. If you keep some stuff back but let some things get exposed, they'll pick you off piecemeal. In general, the more choices you give your opponent, the more potential there is for them to make a misstep. E.g. If you have a devastator squad and I've left you LoS to my Ravager, and a raider full of incubi; it's easy to decide which is more threatening. If I've left you LoS to my Ravager, a raider full of incubi, a raider full of wyches, and a venom with blasterborn inside, suddenly there's a lot more options.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 16:01

I always take splinter racks. Sometimes it's better to move 12" in order to shoot at the side of a unit with rerollable snap shots than to pour poison into a 2+ multi wound save model in the front.

Also you can use placement of raiders to give certain target models a cover save in order to focus fire on models without a cover save. Again, this helps to avoid those models in the front they are hoping you sink shots into.

Sometimes I'll interpose a raider between my bikes and the enemy after doing a bladevane attack in order to prevent them assaulting the bikes. I'd generally rather lose the raider than the jetbikes.

For flyers like the helldrake ill try to move a cronos/talos in a way to make it a juicy target while making sure everything else is positioned so that they cant be hit on the follow up turn. The talos can take a lot of punishment and is good at inspiring unreasonable fear in the enemy, even though its slow.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 23:09

Azdrubael wrote:
15+ and a Baron.
I'll probably be running fifteen including the Baron when I get one more box. More than that makes them too difficult to hide for my liking!

A lovely trick against a footslogging close combat army is to let them get close too you, taking fire all the way, then move, turbo and aethersail over them all the way to where they deployed, thus making them turn around and march all the way back. Drives them nuts Laughing I did it against daemons and it would have worked beautifully, had it not been for the static allied detachment of Eldar that needed babysitting Wink Not my beloved Striking Scorpions of course. They kicked ass Smile 

Reavers are the ultimate trick in our arsenal too. They start in reserve. They come on, bladevaning someone who's just started advancing or has fallen out of their already wrecked tank. They land out of sight, in terrain if they want to, because of skilled rider. Even if anything can see them, they get a 3+ cover save. Do this a few times and your opponent will get wound up by this unit he can't do anything about that's steadily whittling down his forces. Then you move them normally, explode his prized tank with three heat lances, then use your assault move to get them behind cover. Following this, you drink from the vial of tears of frustration and rage you have collected from your opponent. You should smack your lips appreciatively as you do this part, and say something like "Ah, the salty sweet nectar of victory!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tricks of the trade   tricks of the trade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tricks of the trade
Page 1 of 1