THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500pt Tournament List (what do to think?)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RenardDargent
Slave
RenardDargent

500pt Tournament List (what do to think?) Empty
PostSubject: 500pt Tournament List (what do to think?)   500pt Tournament List (what do to think?) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 18:16

Got a tournament coming up. 5 rounds with each round upping the points by 250 but the whole army is to be based around a core 500pt force.
So I was thinking of running this as the 500;

Succubus with venom blade and haywires

She's going to be teamed up with 9 wyches (hydra, haywires, hekatrix + phantasm GL) all bundled up in a Raider.
Raider's going to be decked out with night shield, flicker field and chain snares.

Then I'm backing them up with three trueborn with a pair of splinter cannons and a carbine riding in a venom with the splinter cannon upgrade, and night shields.

Then finishing off with 5 kabalite warriors on foot with a shredder.

Not sure who I'm going up against but the idea is to run the raider up danger close knocking the enemy off guard from the off and use the trueborn in the venom to keep the preasure on and bottle them up in their own deployment zone.
I figure I'm going to get table or slaughtered in 3-4 turns either way it should be exiting.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Axel115
Hellion
Axel115

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Tournament List (what do to think?)   500pt Tournament List (what do to think?) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 15:20

I'm not sure of the point costs off the top of my head, but i would drop the Chain Snares, Carbine, and switch the Shredder to a Blaster. One more Darklight shot to pop those IC's, a rhino (lol), or Razorback
Back to top Go down
RenardDargent
Slave
RenardDargent

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Tournament List (what do to think?)   500pt Tournament List (what do to think?) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 03:34

Point taken about with regard to the blaster and carbine. Chain snares wise assuming the raider lasts into turn two I was going to use it to provide impetus by harassing my enemy and their infantry to divert preassure off of my wyches and mess with their sence of target priority. Lets face it, our biggest plus as dark elder is the enemy is never 100% sure with us.
In my experience you have to go all in 100% hyper aggressive, we are dark elder after all and we should inspire shock and awe. If your enemy isn't having a total break down by the end of turn one your playing them wrong.
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Tournament List (what do to think?)   500pt Tournament List (what do to think?) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 03:36

The Chain Snares are quite situational. If you were able to line it up and hit a couple units at once, that would be nice. But, even if you get 3 units, they will only take 4 hits each. And that's if you roll well. If you're trying to round it out to 500 points, I think the Enhanced Aethersails would be a better option.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Tournament List (what do to think?)   500pt Tournament List (what do to think?) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 03:39

The problem with chain snares is that they only work in the movement phase, meaning that turbo boosting over a unit with them does jack sadly..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Tournament List (what do to think?)   500pt Tournament List (what do to think?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500pt Tournament List (what do to think?)
Page 1 of 1