THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1

Go down 
+6
Sky Serpent
SebastionSynn
spellcheck2001
koshi482
Squidmaster
facelessabsalom
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 Empty
PostSubject: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 22:48

Ok, time to get this started! The first round will feature a character that I made up for this. Rules for the comp can be found here:

READ ME!

To enter, simply post your user ID, forum name and one WIP picture! Any comments, questions or words of encouragement, post them here! I will try and answer and read them everyday. Remember that you can win prizes!

So, here is the first challenge!

Azdragath, The Arena Wrack

The Cult of Bladed Violet hosts many magnificent arena fights and are well known for one thing. Azdragath, The Arena Wrack. This wrack first fought in the arena as an "entertainment kill" for the crowd and was not supposed to survive the wolves of Fenris. Azdragath took everyone by surprise when he/she sliced apart one of the wolves with determined brute and elegant moves. Killing all the wolves and stealing the show from the wyches that was supposed to fight the wolves, the wrack was quickly made into a celebrity for the Cult of Bladed Violet. Succubus Violet Blade recognised the wrack's qualities and uniqueness and bestowed Azdragath the title, The Arena Wrack, being the first wrack to ever earn the right among the Wych Cults. It is not common, or ever known that a wrack could excel in the arts of combat with such performance. Ever since then, Azdragath have been training and upgrading his/her body. Grafting new sets of arms, enhancing strength and outfitting the body with murderous weapons. Today, Azdragath still fights warriors and beasts from all corners of the universe with two sets of arms and with new weapons.

Azdragath, The Arena Wrack
Stats: WS-4 BS-4 S-3 T-4 W-3 I-4 A-4 SV-6+ LD-10
Infantry

Wargear: Combat Drugs, Splinter Pistols, Close Combat Weapons, Gnarlskin

Special Rules: Independent Character, Ambidexterity, Many Arms!, Altered Physique, Fleet, NV, PfP

Ambidexterity
Azdragath may shoot with any number of weapons. He/she does not benefit the +1 Attack from having two close combat weapons. Instead, at each fight-sub phase, you may assign up to four attacks with any number different close combat weapon. The attacks strike in Initiative order. (Example: On charge, Azdragath has 8 attacks and he/she has one power axe, one power lance and one venom blade. You may assign one of her attack to use power lance, one power axe and two venom blades. 7 attacks will strike at initiative 4, while the power axe at initiative 2.)

Many arms!
Azdragath does not gain +1 attack on charges. Having this many arms gives double the amount of Attacks on charge! When not charging, the bonus is +2 attacks instead. With that many arms and being ambidexterious , parrying is also easy! Azdragath has 3++ invulnerable save in close combat.

Requirements: At least 4 arms!

You can decide the gender for Azdragath. I'm not even sure if wracks still got gender but oh well... I'll leave that to you! Also, you don't really need to follow the wargear or rules options. They are just there to give you something to go after if you're too lazy to use fantasy!

This round will end in 8 weeks approximately. Dead-line is:

27th April

So get started!

Have fun!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army

Last edited by facelessabsalom on Wed Mar 05 2014, 20:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 11:42

I'll definitely be in on this.

So, uh, User ID and Forum name are the same aren't they? That being SQUIDMASTER.

One WIP pic to get this thing kicked off:

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 TDCHaemonChallenge1-ArenaWrack1_zps0e64b28e

(Also, any chance of a definite end date rather than an approx?)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 13:12

Howdy will try and do this. Depends on my work schedule.

Koshi 482

No wip yet should have one soon.

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 19:08

This is great. Looking forward to gluing my fingers together making this chap Smile

User id Spellcheck2001

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 888B8063-52AE-48D6-BB1E-BBFAFF80FABD_zpsolfmsfkh

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 20:36

Looking good people! I'm glad to see people getting on the fun train!

I'll set a date. I don't like dead-lines but seems like it's needed :p

@koshi: sounds good, glad to know you're gonna compete!

Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 23:28

Hello all

well a good start
 The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140312

too many bitz but will get to glueing and green stuff (or grey in my case)
 The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140313

Also does the base need to be done? is it for points?

facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05 2014, 23:49

Base is no requirement. But a nice base might appeal more people Wink

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06 2014, 20:46

A quick wip. Main body converted with scourge legs and base of greenstuff added to cure and build over later. Also head gluing together from scourge and bretonian kits.

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 71CE7B43-9531-4996-94A7-B8472A839C2D_zpskidbie5q

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 758351F1-56A4-4787-BA99-CC7471DE912E_zpsc0zlogru

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 184311D8-7B9A-4605-89C6-1C1877C9ABD6_zpsjzpmrwlh

Back to top Go down
SebastionSynn
Hellion
SebastionSynn

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07 2014, 01:45

having not done a comp here at dark city, a question comes to mind.
1) are we restricted to GW models only or are we allowed to use models from other companies?

other than that, i'm in, got a couple of ideas. don't have ready access to a camera of my own, have to borrow a friends, but as soon as i get all the parts needed and together in one spot, i'll get a WIP up and online asap. money is an issue, so it might be a couple of weeks before i can gather everything together.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08 2014, 12:08

You may use non GW stuff. It's on the FAQ section in the competition rules. You can have a read there if you have more questions, hopefully I've already answered it there!

I'm liking what I'm seeing people! Feel free to challenge others and encourage more to join!

Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08 2014, 15:13

WIP update

Base done!!
 The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140315

Legs are from the wytches set

after a long wait added the torso and head
 The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140316

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140317

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140318

Body from new dark elves sets
Head is a wrack head with the back attached.

Sry bout pics. Used my phone because its the only camera I have.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08 2014, 21:00

Very minor update. Sculpted/repaired the cloak tassels and repaired and sculpted the helmet and goggle straps.

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 5A381103-F31E-4F96-AE32-042B35253151_zpszocxnnep

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09 2014, 11:10

Well, wasn't sure if you wanted continuous updates, but what the heck, when in Rome.

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 TDCHaemonChallenge1-ArenaWrack2_zps414b2497

The main body and arms are all together, and are being assaulted with green stuff to fix gaps and improve on his cloak. Once that done I'll start adding some arena-themed armour.

facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 17:27

Feel free to post here!

It's my fault for not having created a seperate palce for you guys to post in. I'll see if I can make space over the weekend and move ye stuff there.

Is there a can of beans up the mouth?

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 17:50

Not a can of beans, more an overly large breathing tube.......

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15 2014, 18:15

Sorry I thought we had to post all our wip here, as it said in the rules pack that model needed to be submitted with all wip photos. Anyways I have finished my entry. Here he is in all his glory Wink. The idea behind him is based on the old quack doctors in 16th century england. During the black death they wore goggles and beaked masks filled with herbs to stop the infection from spreading to them. I wanted to get that sinister feel along with the arena upgrades (4 arms) that any self respecting wrack never leaves the gladius without. He is kitbashed using a high elf mage upper torso and cloak, talos mechanical arms, a few bits from the scourge kit and one or two added extras.

Edit: better pics uploaded & more info

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 CA864B02-4A52-4A0B-A608-F7209EED60DC_zpspq8tqig0

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 682A53F7-2987-4453-A45A-237F2A870E39_zpszt0rcuwa

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 236DD683-25C2-45F3-8A0E-DE796FB10C1F_zpsbln75nmp

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 06D96CFE-C1E0-4A8F-BCDB-E25EF3676FFF_zpsbqioqpbm

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 E22C8A83-95DF-4578-9795-3B36DC505F25_zpsxb1dxgqa

Last edited by spellcheck2001 on Tue Mar 18 2014, 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 13:27

After the last few cosmetic additions, I'm going to call mine done too:

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 TDCHaemonChallenge1-ArenaWrack3_zps6c59c6ab

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 21:14

Some great entries and ideas coming through. Very Happy

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 23:30

Just dropping by to say: Wow! You guys work fast! I bet priming the models will make em stand out more Wink
Koshi and sebastian, no need to rush.

@Squid, good job with that armour plate at his back!

@spellcheck, Oh come on! You can take better photos than that! The pic look somewhat unfocused and blurry. Wicked conversion nonetheless. May I ask where you got that beak from?

Back to top Go down
SebastionSynn
Hellion
SebastionSynn

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18 2014, 05:53

I'm not rushing. Just been waiting for the funds to finish ordering, and paying, for the parts I'll need in order to build what I have imagined, then I'll be rushing. Smile If everything goes right, I should have all the parts in my hands by the end of March or the first weekend in April. I do like what I've seen from my competitors so far, but I don't want to break the rules so that's all I'm going to say about the entries, other than good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18 2014, 07:34

Dang it you are right facelessabsolom, they are slightly blurry and unfocussed. I will take new pics tonight and get a primered shot done too. The beak head is a kitbash between a scourge head and the banner top from a bretonian kit (their men at arms I think)

Edit: new photos uploaded on previous post Smile

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2014, 12:54

I have primed my arena wrack and given him a quick wash of black to try and bring out a bit of the detail.

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 5AE054E3-867E-49F1-B574-F6757170B5E7_zps5nrwksg9

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 4D906E99-5E15-4B45-8BCF-91E3CDD9047E_zpszcspzdqv

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 A808DFBA-50B7-490F-A53E-15FCF4A2E093_zpskhs9yzve

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 F4EF6D60-1B01-4216-A51D-1761FBB7F981_zps43iwu5hw

Back to top Go down
koshi482
Kabalite Warrior
koshi482

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2014, 18:29

Well i am done... Finally
 The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140319

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140320

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140321

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140322

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140323

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140324

The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 20140325

Hope you like her.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2014, 19:30

Aw wicked pose koshi! Getting some really heavy feeling on that model with all those weapons!

@spellcheck, that's better! Definitely your style with exquisite and fun parts! Well done!

And good thinking about that wash. Others can do the same if you wish.

One month more to go people! Step up and don't be afraid to challenge these already great entries!

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2014, 20:38

So tempted, but time is a real issue at the moment, grrr.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1    The Haemonculi's Challenge: Round 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next