THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 points Purge the Alien

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

1000 points Purge the Alien Empty
PostSubject: 1000 points Purge the Alien   1000 points Purge the Alien I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15 2014, 11:40

I know it'll be a tough fight having two rounds of Purge the Alien, and I haven't gotten many games in with my Dark Eldar since I came back so I thought I'd post what I'm looking at.

1x: Archon with agonizer
3x: 3 Trueborn with 2 cannons in venoms with 2 cannons
2x: 5 wyches with haywire grenades in a raider (1 dark lance, 1 disin)
3x: ravager (2 with dark lances, 1 wish disin)

I played a 500 point game against the same guys I'll be playing today and got crushed when they brought a couple vehicles in a 500 point game and knocked out my only ravager in the first turn. I'm hoping this will be enough to crack hulls.

Since it's a small 4x4 board I'm especially wondering if nightshields will be worthwhile or if there are thoughts on balancing the dark lance/disintegrator numbers differently.  Both raiders as disin for example?

Model wise, I've got 3 ravagers, 3 venoms, 8 raiders, and 1 jetfighter. I've got some reavers I considered using too. Main reason I'm not is because they're the old models and I painted them 15 years ago. I want to use them, but would rather repaint them or get new ones first.

Infantry wise, I have a good 100 warriors and 20 wyches as well as a bunch of the old incubi, mandrake, and grotesque models that can be kind of used as a variety of units.

Last edited by lessthanjeff on Sat Mar 15 2014, 11:56; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : adjusted list a bit)
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: 1000 points Purge the Alien   1000 points Purge the Alien I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15 2014, 11:43

Sorry, forgot about double posting. Moved extra post to original one as an edit and don't see a way to delete this post completely.
Back to top Go down
Lahcimus
Hellion
Lahcimus

PostSubject: Re: 1000 points Purge the Alien   1000 points Purge the Alien I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16 2014, 10:35

In my opinions Razorwings are pretty nice for 1k points games, because they have much fire power as well as missles to throw Large blasts on hordes, and because they are flyers its hard for ur opps to get them. They are also viable with D.Lances if u expect enemy to have flyers
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: 1000 points Purge the Alien   1000 points Purge the Alien I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16 2014, 16:46

I always felt bad when I used my heldrake in games under 1500, but maybe the razorwing wouldn't draw such ire. I'll try that next time I have a smallish game. Thanks.

Alas, there were not enough players to do the special matches so we did a 2v2 with our 1,000 point armies. I was able to crush the Eldar player across from me in the first couple turns (turn one wave serpent and dark reaper squad going down pretty well ended his threats) and then direct my attention to the destruction of an Imperial Knight before the other team conceded.
Back to top Go down
Lahcimus
Hellion
Lahcimus

PostSubject: Re: 1000 points Purge the Alien   1000 points Purge the Alien I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16 2014, 22:53

Recently i also played 2v2 1k points each player game, we played DE(me) & CSM vs DE & GK, and my razorwing with dark lances take Storm raven gunship with first shot, and than wipe out some Kabalites with 2 Monoscyth missiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 points Purge the Alien   1000 points Purge the Alien I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 points Purge the Alien
Page 1 of 1