THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?

Go down 
+5
Pancakey
clively
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
Razkien
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 20:02

Hello all,

So I have way too many vehicles to be carrying around in multiple card board boxes and I was thinking of finally dropping some cash on a battle foam box.

Does anyone have any experience with these? The only case I've ever owned is a really old GW infantry case I've had for ten years that I keep all my foot sloggers in, but I've heard good things about BF.

I was looking at this model as a possibility

http://us.battlefoam.com/copy-of-432-p-a-c-k-432-pluck-foam-load-out/

Would anyone know if vehicles fit in there well with those dimensions. I know there are smaller and bigger bags, but I'm kind of a bag noob

I'm not looking to fit all of my vehicles into the box, but a majority would be nice for when I travel around with my stuff. I have many venoms, raiders, ravagers
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02 2014, 23:11

I used Battlefoam originally but found the hard foam didn't really cater to the fragile Dark Eldar vehicles.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 00:09

I have Battlefoam for my DE vehicles and infantry. The laser cut raider foam inserts are excellent, though the hardness of the foam and cause the occasional part to snap off. Not sure that a softer (KR style) foam would do all that better given that our Raiders and such are so damned delicate.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 03:25

I use battlefoam. I opted for the custom stuff.

So far I have 2 of the 720 bags and one of the smaller ones ( don't remember the number) The foam for the raiders/ravagers is perfect. The size is right and ts done a good job. I'll try to upload a picture later

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 15:53

I have the laser cut foam. It works really well for the vehicles. You can actually stand the raiders or venoms in the foam WITH thier bases on!
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03 2014, 16:16

Nice, I was looking at the custom trays but I wasn't totally sure what cases would be best to fit them in. Their dimensions seemed to be a bit smaller than some of the cases. Do they fit well?

Would you guys recommend the 720 bags for max vehicle storage goodness?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 01:16

My pack AIR holds 5 Ravager/raider hulls plus 9 venoms plus a full 5th ed beast pack plus 50 warriors and characters and still has a couple of slots spare... I have had it 2 years and literally taken the army around the world with me and had zero damage in that time

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 02:12

I used battlefoam but I agree with Sky that the fragile DE bits with their tons of pointy parts don't fair well in that type of case.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 02:48

I've just got a KR case (big metal one Very Happy) for my DE and so far it's doing awesomely. Of course, they've only been in and out twice so I haven't had much testing time.

The soft foam accommodates the spikes and such reasonably well and the only bits I've had issue with so far are the weapons of the models hanging off of one of my Venoms.

Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 05:27

In a single 720 I have:

Tray 1: 3 Ravagers, 2 raiders
Tray 2: 5 venoms, 2 raiders
Tray 3: 47 warriors/trueborn
Tray 4: 47 wyches

In the second 720 bag I have:
Tray 1: 2 razorwings
Tray 2: 24 reavers
Tray 3: 14 special characters, 30 minor models like mandrakes, incubi
There is about 2 1/2 inches of space left in this bag

If you decide to buy th 720s, look on their site for the card board boxes.  You get some free depending on how much you spend.  I have a couple of those full of more de, chaos and Tyranid stuff.  Basically, get the right sized bag for travel then put any excess stuff in the boxes.

Also, I wanted to be clear, when I said custom I didn't mean using their tray creator.  That looks cool, but the existing "custom" trays they have filled my needs just fine.

This is the raider/ravager tray:
Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? Img_4910

You can leave them on the stands if you take the sails off. I magnetized my sails and guns, which is trivial to do.

Slave
Bleached_Asphyxia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 17:46

I'll never buy battlefoam again to be perfectly honest. I may just be a total idiot, but every single frakking time I pull my raiders out of battlefoam, a stabby bit gets stuck in the foam on the way out. I also have the Scourge tray and I've had to hack away at them because the weapons wouldn't fit the outlines they provide.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04 2014, 18:39

Thanks for all the info everyone, and thanks for the pics.

I think I'm settled on the 720 with their custom trays, they seem really nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?   Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone use battlefoam for all their vehicles?
Page 1 of 1