THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venoms in Battlefoam and KR

Go down 
+7
Silverglade
Evil Space Elves
Balisong
Massaen
Lord Clazaryn
Lay_Ayanesha
Yaji
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Yaji
Slave
Yaji

Venoms in Battlefoam and KR Empty
PostSubject: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 17:32

Hi,
I'm new to Dark Eldar and since they are a bit spikier than most models I was planning on getting som proper foam for them. Cool This question is for any of you that use BF/KR for your venoms:

I am currently putting together my first Venom and I'm wondering if I can attach all the various spiky bits like fins and turrets and still fit them in the custom venom trays from Battlefoam and/or KR Multicase?

Can I glue on the guy on the back holding the Splinter cannon? What about the stuff underneath the model?

I'm not 100% sure what my army is gonna look like so I was gonna hold off a bit on buying the foam.

Anyway, thanks for any info. Sorry if this is a silly question, I tried to search around on various forums. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lay_Ayanesha
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 20:25

Imo the KR/BF are looking very nice, but are too expensive.
I'm using an army transport back with a 2.5" inch foam. I'm no using the chains underneath the venom. The upper gun and the gunner are glued and the whole venom fits in the 2.5" foam.
Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11 2013, 22:01

I use battlefoam and the venom fits beautifully except for one thing, the flags you attach don't fit. They flop out the back so you have to bend it forward, the venom that is, which makes it hard to get it out. I haven't tried it with passengers on but I'll tell you now the gunner will definitely fit. The only thing is that BF foam is slightly too hard, there's not much give in it which is awkward for our spikes.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 00:09

If you are intending travel, battle foam is worth every penny. I took my army literally around the world for the ETC last year and had zero damage. The shapes they have for the custom trays are excellent and snug. That said, if you have the flags on the venom, they won't fit standard trays. You can make the tray deeper of course to allow for the flags so it should be fine.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 02:22

Magnetize the flags on the Venom. Very easy to do.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 02:25

I just did not use the flags at all... I don't like the look and suspect they would get broken very easily

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 03:05

Massaen wrote:
I just did not use the flags at all... I don't like the look and suspect they would get broken very easily
I used the flags, and yes, they break off quite easily using the Battlefoam Mad
Aside from the flags snapping off the spear poles and gunners fit quite well. The Battlefoam inserts are quite the slice of awesome. Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Yaji
Slave
Yaji

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12 2013, 09:35

Okay, Thanks guys!
I will glue on everything except the spears/poles then. Smile

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 02:45

the poles are fine. It is just the flags that prove problematic.

I do have all the guys glued on the side as well for mine. I had one that i had to retro-fit, but that is because i had gotten creative and put a scourge spear in his arm. Looked sweeet! but didn't fit in the foam Sad so h ad to opt for a normal knife.

Also, found out the hard way if you use a raider flag in the venom, it is too tall for the foam.

But that aside i've been extremely happy with my (very expensive!!!) battlefoam.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13 2013, 03:30

It's not so expensive when you consider the cost and time of what's inside it! I would say my PACK Air is less than 10% of the cost of the army it carries... And that's not including my time and materials to assemble no paint it!

Real Rod Hull
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 02:22

KR precut DE foam was done with fully assembled models, so it should fit flagpoles and all. At least, that was the reply I got when asking them about their Raider trays.

While KR and Battlefoam do offer similar products, it behooves us as gamers to support KR over Battlefoam, because Battlefoam is a terrible company with a reputation to match. KR on the other hand are extremely helpful and genuinely support the community.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 02:48

Real Rod Hull wrote:
KR precut DE foam was done with fully assembled models, so it should fit flagpoles and all. At least, that was the reply I got when asking them about their Raider trays.

While KR and Battlefoam do offer similar products, it behooves us as gamers to support KR over Battlefoam, because Battlefoam is a terrible company with a reputation to match. KR on the other hand are extremely helpful and genuinely support the community.

Slander much? Need to be careful what you say mate as this could land you and the site in trouble...

Battle foam have always been good to me in regards to service, support and sponsorships not to mention speed! They even gave me a bunch of discount vouchers to hand out to players at the ETC 2012 for nothing.

Maybe being in Oz has an impact but I have never even seen a KR case!

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19 2013, 04:26

Massaen wrote:
Real Rod Hull wrote:

Slander much? Need to be careful what you say mate as this could land you and the site in trouble...

Battle foam have always been good to me in regards to service, support and sponsorships not to mention speed! They even gave me a bunch of discount vouchers to hand out to players at the ETC 2012 for nothing.

Maybe being in Oz has an impact but I have never even seen a KR case!
No doubt. I've only had one dealing with Battlefoam's customer service department. They were on point and helped me with a LFGS that kept screwing up my order. I've found their products to be pricey, but worth the money. Never heard of KR foam, link?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 20:36

I have 5 KR cases, and am very happy with them; my marines in 2, and my Skaven-Counts-As-Tyranids in 3.

I've never used the custom cut inserts, but the cardboard and foam is still excellent after 3-4 years, and my Skavenids are pretty spiky!

http://www.krmulticase.com/about/thekrsystem.aspx
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21 2013, 21:28

Man, that KR website hurts my eyes.

Battlefoam all the way for me as well, though. Great quality, great customer support, a great range of supported armies/games, lovely pre-cut foam trays and good bags. All of this comes with a price and I'm willing to pay it if it means that my painstakingly collected, built and painted army is safe - no matter where I go.

Real Rod Hull
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 08:31

Quote :

Bollocks. While Battlefoam do indeed have a history of engaging in frivolous litigiousness, they aim it at their business competitors, like their suit against Outrider Games that was dismissed (with Battlefoam ordered to pay costs), or their later attempt to intimidate Sabol.

Quote :
They even gave me a bunch of discount vouchers to hand out to players at the ETC 2012 for nothing.
Yes, I've heard that they like to give out vouchers or go two-for-one on the last day of an event, after everyone likely to buy a case has done so at full price.
KR on the other hand provide, for instance, free cases to the prize pool for the SomethingAwful.com forums painting oath threads and have never, to my knowledge, tried to strongarm a competitor out of business by claiming to own the patent on cutting foam with a laser.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 09:18

commandersasha wrote:
I have 5 KR cases, and am very happy with them; my marines in 2, and my Skaven-Counts-As-Tyranids in 3.

I've never used the custom cut inserts, but the cardboard and foam is still excellent after 3-4 years, and my Skavenids are pretty spiky!

http://www.krmulticase.com/about/thekrsystem.aspx

Jeez, those guys at KR love their Hellions. Every single DE tray (other than pure Raider/Ravager trays) has at least 10 Hellion slots! Don't they know that nobody uses the damn things anymore?

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28 2013, 09:39

Real Rod Hull wrote:
Quote :

Bollocks. While Battlefoam do indeed have a history of engaging in frivolous litigiousness, they aim it at their business competitors, like their suit against Outrider Games that was dismissed (with Battlefoam ordered to pay costs), or their later attempt to intimidate Sabol.

Quote :
They even gave me a bunch of discount vouchers to hand out to players at the ETC 2012 for nothing.
Yes, I've heard that they like to give out vouchers or go two-for-one on the last day of an event, after everyone likely to buy a case has done so at full price.
KR on the other hand provide, for instance, free cases to the prize pool for the SomethingAwful.com forums painting oath threads and have never, to my knowledge, tried to strongarm a competitor out of business by claiming to own the patent on cutting foam with a laser.

Aggressive much???

As a customer of BF I can say I have never had any issues with their service, products or anything else. While KR might do all these wonderful things in your part of the world, I have never seen anything like it near me.

For the record, the vouchers BF gave me were no questions asked, and I gave them out to whom ever I wanted... An no products were available at the event.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venoms in Battlefoam and KR   Venoms in Battlefoam and KR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venoms in Battlefoam and KR
Page 1 of 1