THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?

Go down 
+2
Ruke
Evil Space Elves
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28 2012, 01:11

This may be posted in the wrong spot, but I wanted to see if anyone had an idea of turnaround time on orders of the Battlefoam pre-cut trays. I ordered two of them (the 5 Raider/Ravager tray and Razorwing/4 Venom tray) from my LFGS on April 4th...they still haven't heard anything from their distributor and warned me that Battle foam is notoriously difficult to order from (for retailers). I ordered these from the LFGS rather than directly because they are an outstanding store. They had warned me that it could take up to three weeks...we're coming up on two months.
I told the store that I would ask for a refund (I prepaid Mad Mad Mad ) if they didn't show up by June 4th. I wanted to put it out there and see what direct turnaround time has been for those of you that have done so. Please include your country as well (I'm in the US and will be interested in those responses in particular)
Cheers, and thanks for looking.
ESE

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28 2012, 01:26

I don't know if this will be helpful at all, but I went with the KR Multicase, and bought it while I was in Germany (got shipped as though to a U.S. address however). I think I got it within about 3 weeks. I would think that since this seems to be a much smaller company than battlefoam, you should expect a faster delivery from battlefoam, but I could be wrong.

If you do have to get a refund, and you're set on foam trays, I will vouch for the multicase (I've just been very displeased with foam for my GW miniatures as they have such awkward dimensions, though I think they would work amazingly for SM). I use one for my reaper minis (for roleplaying) and I've dropped it on concrete with no damage to the models inside, and only minor scratches to the case. I have both a black and chrome/silver case, and both of them are sleek and sexy (esp the black one), I enjoy just carrying them around. XD

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28 2012, 01:40

Thanks Ruke. I already have the 1520XL Battlefoam case. I am quite pleased with it. the problem order was for two of their pre-cut trays (the 5 Raider/Ravager and 1 Razorwing/4 Venom tray).

Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28 2012, 01:48

If you ordered your case from them direct, or even through the store, there's no reason why your foam trays should be taking longer. But if they already had your case in stock, you may just have to trust your game store. At two months though, I would def get a refund and go about purchasing it myself (as there's no good reason that shipping to a game store should take longer than shipping to private residence), it might be that your game store isn't putting the pressure on battlefoams customer service that they should under these circumstances.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28 2012, 01:52

The case was in stock and on the shelf when I purchased it so I haven't experienced wait times from them before. I sent a WTF email to Battlefoam this afternoon, though with the holiday I don't expect a response until Tuesday or so.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28 2012, 19:10

My case with entirely custom cut foam took less than three weeks to arrive, that was with various changes made. This was for the UK, they have a warehouse here now but the trays are still cut in the US.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeTue May 29 2012, 16:28

mine took like a month and a half to come earlier this year. I heard from them that they are backlogged with orders, so take it as you will...

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2012, 05:06

I have had good experience with battle foam. Call there customer hot line and see if they can help you. I have also e-mailed them and they response by next day. I hope this helps.

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2012, 09:15

depayen wrote:
I have had good experience with battle foam. Call there customer hot line and see if they can help you. I have also e-mailed them and they response by next day. I hope this helps.
It does help, thanks!
I emailed them yesterday and received a prompt reply this morning. We exchanged emails a few times as we tried to straighten it out. Turns out, the store orders direct,didn't place my order until the beginning of May. Battlefoam checked the tracking and confirmed that it would arrive today. It did!

I learned that Battlefoam has excellent customer service. The email response was quick and helpful.
I also learned that the store that I ordered it from can give a bullcrap story to cover their ass Suspect I will be ordering any more Battlefoam products direct from here out.

Back to top Go down
Kieran Venoxis
Slave
Kieran Venoxis

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 02:47

Mine was a small order and I got it within a week. It was very easy but once again my order was small.

PostSubject: Re: Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?   Have you ordered Battlefoam direct? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you ordered Battlefoam direct?
Page 1 of 1