THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven of Angelic Perversion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

Coven of Angelic Perversion Empty
PostSubject: Coven of Angelic Perversion   Coven of Angelic Perversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 05:30

Coven Detatchment

Dark Artisian
Haemonculus w/The Panacea Perverted/Scissorhands/WWP/
Talos
Chronos w/Spirit Probe/

Corpsethief
Twin Linked Liquifier guns

Eldar Allies
Autarch w/Jet Bike/Reaper Launcher/

2x5 Windriders w/Scatter Lasers/

Crimson hunter

3 War Walkers w/Missle Launchers/

I have been absent for roughly 2 years and I am getting ready to dust off the models for some tournament action. I hate the fact that I am adding craftworlders to the true kin, but I have to get added firepower on the competitive scene. I believe this is also 3 detachments per tournament rules. The haemonculus with the DA will be my warlord. I don't have any tactics beside dominating the objectives with my corpsethief and firepower and deepstriking the DA to wreck gun lines. I believe i have adequate target saturation with plenty of high threat targets.

Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Angelic Perversion   Coven of Angelic Perversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 08:59

Im sorry to say this man, but even with 4+ FNP repeating one Talos are VERY fragile right now. Gladius Battle Companies will grav them to death, Deathstars will roll them over in CC, Eldar will D blast them and shred them by force of saturation with 2+/2+ hitting warp spiders and genestealer cults will rend them down pretty fast. Sadly the good ol' days of sitting with a corpsethief claw in cover midboard screaming "come at me bro!" are long gone.

Only competitive meta armies that struggle with buffed up Talos (Tali?) are Necrons and to some extent Tau. To put things in perspective, with the points you've spent in pain engines you can easily fit 3 fully armed spectral knights... and have 80 points to spare!

By no means I'm saying that you have to go Craftworld Eldar if you wanna be competitive, but Talos builds are simply outdated. I think the best way to field Dark Eldar competitively nowadays is MSU. If you wanna field talos, try 3 as HS to a realspaceraiders detachment with no upgrades (and certainly not TL liquifier guns, bro. That weapon sucks and gives you -1A).

I don't recommend it, but you can throw in a dark artisan with no portal (you want the 6" +1FNP and 12" reroll ones bubbles on the field since turn 1 anyways) or upgrades on the haemy (he wont do crap anyways) as means to get extra AV and a frontline for your MSU, but not as the core of your list.

AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Angelic Perversion   Coven of Angelic Perversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03 2017, 10:30

yikes, well I mainly have the coven element of dark eldar. which includes grotesques,talos,etc. So Super Heavies pretty much dominate the Tournament Meta now. Two short years sure does change a lot.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Angelic Perversion   Coven of Angelic Perversion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2017, 18:23

Ya, we are basically in the Age of Apocalypse, trying to fight with a codex sporting all the power of a 3 Edition codex. Grav is everywhere, so Taloi are not the greatest. We also had a recent FAQ that no longer gives us our "toe in cover" save.

Grotesques on the other hand laugh at Grav, but have a very hard time against Super Heavies.

IMO our only competitive formations are the Grotesquery and the DA. The CTC is just "super heavy lite", with all the stigma of a Super Heavy and none of the benefits. I would drop the CTC for a whack load of venoms

Anyway, let us know what you decide on!
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Angelic Perversion   Coven of Angelic Perversion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2017, 19:18

Then how do we deal with super heavies. Before i took my hiatus dark light weapons were having problems dealing with armour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coven of Angelic Perversion   Coven of Angelic Perversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven of Angelic Perversion
Page 1 of 1