THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

coven of the angelic perversion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

coven of the angelic perversion Empty
PostSubject: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 18:42

I have been toying with a couple of coven lists that I really like using, I am having pretty good success at 1850 and I am really getting a good feel for the army. I do not believe I am a good enough tactician to compete competitively yet, but I want to start getting a pretty good idea about what my coven list will look like competitively. The list is 1850 points, and I only have 16 dark light weapons, that is missing the 1 per 100 mark, but with the grotesques and the taloi I think I am OK being a little bit under the target mark of 18. Well that enough rambling without further a due here is my list.
Urien Rakarth:190
4 grotesques w/aberration/flesh gauntlet/liquifier gun/raider/:260
2x4 trueborns w/4 blasters/raider/night shield/:356
3x3 wracks w/venom/sc/:285
2x10 wracks w/2 liquifier guns/acothyst/agoniser/raider/:440
2 talos w/tl liquifier gun/:210
1 ravager w/night shield/:115

I know coven lists are rarely seen at any competitive competition, but I am trying to give it a try, let me know what you all think.
Back to top Go down
SOlyer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 22:06

i like the list. I think it has a good chance of doing very well. The trick will be getting your use/ points out of your talos. The only thing I would change is the trueborns in the raider. Those should really be venoms in my opinion. I know that can be tough since you really need the dark lances but i think you also need the venom fire as well. I would also think about throwing in some scourge (in order stay with your theme) and give them some haywire blasters. This should help with AT that you are lacking with taking out the lance shots.

I guess, you will have to feel it out weather you need the extra fire power form the venoms or not.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 01:21

I think the 3 venoms I have coupled with the Talos will offset the need for anti-infantry. The wracks will assault the troops that I have cracked out of the transports. I am certain I will be able to employ the Talos to be effective. I was also considering putting retrofire jets on the two blasterborn raiders if getting to tanks prove difficult, that will also mean that my opponent will have to direct their firepower at the trueborns.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 20:01

Is there anyone else out there that could give me some advice on my list, or any experiences that players have had with coven lists competitively. I know that coven armies suck competitively, but I want to give them a shot.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 20:05

I think your on the right track. Your only problem is competitively you have nothing to deal with Fliers. That being said AA is a tough thing to balance, as it depends on your current meta.

Your Taloi are going to suffer the most, as they are just sitting ducks at this point level, so much can deal with them. If I were to change anything, I would drop them for more ravagers, or some AA (a void raven)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 20:12

I was thinking along the same lines. Getting rid of one Talos for a ravager and keep one. I think I am going to go semi competitive to see first and work my way up. I personally hate net lists and I am sure to see the dreaded flying necron list at some point.
Back to top Go down
Flayed_Heart_Kabal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 22:08

To be truly competitive, there can't be a single list out there that you lose against every time. I think this list falls into that trap. this is the basic template for a 6th edition competitive list, how would your list handle it?

Necron Overlord with Warscythe, Sempiternal Weave, Mindshackle Scarabs, Phase Shifter
5 Crypteks with Harbinger of the Storm
5x5 Necron warriors in Nightscythes
2x6 wraiths with 2 whip coils
3x annihilation barge

Basically any list you make has to have an answer to this, or something very similar to this. If it doesn't, you need to rethink what you're bringing.

Keeping it evil since 2010.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeTue May 07 2013, 23:50

That boils down to tactics, I am positive I could take care of that list for the most part. The flyers would be my biggest concern. I am a not exactly experienced with necrons, but I know they are a medium ranged army, which would give me a distinct advantage. I can also replace the ravager for a void raven.
4 grotesques w/aberration/flesh gauntlet/liquifier gun/raider/retrofire jets/:260
2x4 trueborns w/4 blasters/raider/retrofire jets/:356
10 wracks w/2 liquifier guns/acothyst/venom blade/raider/retrofire jets/:195
5 warriors: 45
1 talos w/tl liquifier gun/:105
2 voidravens w/ff/:310
Aegis defense line w/comms relay/:70
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2013, 22:30

Hi there! I said I would pop by and take a look.

- I Love urien. He is awesome taking characters and making them go pop with his gauntlet. Giving D3 units pain tokens is awesome, starting his grotesques off at fearless and giving up to both your large units of wracks FNP.
Look out for anything that has Str 10 or ID weapons... this is his BANE. As he literally has nothing to mitigate this. Avoid them like the plague.

4 grotesques w/aberration/flesh gauntlet/liquifier gun/raider/:260

- Very good killy unit. I would drop the flesh gauntlet and buy them all Str6. The flesh gauntlet is good, but you want him soaking up challenges that Urien does NOT want. So make him cheap.

2x4 trueborns w/4 blasters/raider/night shield/:356

- Fills the AT that the army is lacking. Use them wisely.

- Basic firepower and back objective holding.

2x10 wracks w/2 liquifier guns/acothyst/agoniser/raider/:440

- Keep the acothist at regular poison weapons. Better than the agonizer... force multiple wounds and save yourself 40! points. You can use this to flesh out the other wrack units to 5 man. Or even find another 50 pts to add a 4th venom! (like maybe dropping one blaster trueborn)

2 talos w/tl liquifier gun/:210

- Very good unit. I love my taloi. They wreck face.

1 ravager w/night shield/:115

- The only unit that feels a bit "out of place" although its your main mobile AT.

I like the army, had good elements to put pressure on in waves. People always underestimate the grotesques and urien. Make sure you make them pay for it. Hehe

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2013, 01:57

my apologies skari I do have the +1 strength bonus included in the cost. The only thing that will hurt this list in competitive play is my lack of anti air. squeezing points to include anti-air is quite costly when every point counts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coven of the angelic perversion   coven of the angelic perversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

coven of the angelic perversion
Page 1 of 1