THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points Empty
PostSubject: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25 2013, 23:12

Hello everyone I am new to the site, I have been a dark eldar player for 2 years and traded in most of my kalabite warriors for coven units. I was happy that I discovered this website, because on most other tactica websites coven armies are the ugly not talked about part of the Dark Eldar. I have yet to play test this list, but in theory I am certain it will do fine.

Urien rakarth(190)
4 grotesques w/aberration/mh/flesh gauntlet/liquifier gun/raider/night shield/:270
4 kalabite trueborn w/4 blasters/venom/sc/:173
3x5 kalabite warriors w/blaster/venom/sc/:375
2x10 wracks w/2 liquifier gun/acothyst/venom blade/raider/night shield/:410
talos w/Tl liquifier gun/:105
cronos w/spirit probe/spirit vortex/:110
ravager w/flicker field/:115

This list is designed to be 1850 points, but it is currently sitting at 1748. Any suggestions are welcome, and believe me I am very easy going so harsh comments are not taken personally. I look forward to all of your critiques and comments, and sharing some good old fashion dark eldar tactics with you all.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 17:11

is there anybody out there to give me a critique or some feedback. Sad
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 18:21

I might drop the cronos for another ravager. You're kind of light on AT, the cronos is slow, and you're not going to need the pain tokens with the list you're running. You're already going to have tons.

I'd probably also drop the acothysts and venom blades, and maybe drop 1 of those wrack raiders down to a 5 man wrack venom to clear up some points to field some reavers...or maybe haywire scourges if you're trying to stick to the coven theme.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 19:02

I added the cronos to get my talos pain tokens easier, and I figured the cronos would come in handy against meq's. I figured out that I was going to use my last 100 points for a four man squad of trueborns with 2 dark lances. That should add more anti tank, even though it is not mobile anti tank.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 20:42

I feel your on the right track tbh. I would say try it out and see how it works for you. The one thing I would suggest is dropping the spirit probe for the simple fact that if the chronos gets into combat, its most likely dead anyway. Also I feel that wracks really benifit from an agoniser (now that you can get the extra +1 attack from it) and give them some bite in close combat against MEQ. Other than that, Im actually interested in this list, and cant wait to see how you do with it.

Lastly Im very up in arms about the chronos. I think a second Talos would suite you better as you already have Urien to pass tokens around. And the Talos is a better threat than the chronos. But give it a try both ways and report back.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 21:08

In my experience, you really don't want to drop those Acothysts, their leadership buff is really useful for Wracks units. Also, I have do disagree about the Cronos' close-combat abilities, as long as you don't let him get isolated or bite off more than he can chew, he can be very effective there, you'd certainly be gutted if you kill a model in combat and don't have the Spirit-Probe! It's only 10 points, after all. The Darklance trueborn on foot can be surprisingly effective. Maybe do consider dropping the Venomblades to get 5 Trueborn. That way you can stick them in cover and form a triangle of standard guys around the 2 Darklances. What I always do is swap the rifles on those 3 for CC weapons/Pistols. This helps take advantage of their Attacks characteristic benefit even further.
Back to top Go down
Squierboy
Kabalite Warrior
Squierboy

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26 2013, 21:34

I thought you were going full coven, but I see it is a hybrid sort of list. I think it would benefit from just going a bit more full-on.

So with that in mind, I would drop the ravager and pick up another talos. In fact I would be tempted to switch the cronos for a talos as well - by the time it is close enough to start giving out pain tokens, your talos will either be dead or in combat & doing what they do best. Also, If you feel short of AT, you can give one of them some HLs instead of the liquifier.

I don't see the night shields for the wracks being very much use for a unit that is designed to move very close to enemy units.

Your grotesque aberration could swap the flesh gauntlet for a scissorhand or venom blade - Urien has a flesh gauntlet & will be taking any of the challenges vs multiwound opponents. Might also be tempted by a 2nd unit of grotesques in place of warriors/trueborn (led by a 2nd haemonculus). Oh and what is a 'mh'? You have it listed in the grotesque unit. If it's a typo for a mindphase gauntlet, it's a pretty situational trick, and as i say, Urien's the one taking the challenges so save your points.

Some reavers would give you some extra mobility that a coven list may lack.

Wyches with HWG would give you some extra AT that wracks lack.

Have you thought about a WWP? It will allow you to use some foot wrack squads and save points on transports. Would need a big list redesign.

Just a few suggestions, hope they help.

Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 00:51

I was very underwhelmed when I used a wwp. I have 100 points left that I am using on a squad of 4 trueborns with dark lances. I would love to have a haemonculus ancient with some more grotesques, but it is to big of a point sink for 1850. I also have a ravager there to make my opponent choose between targeting my pain engines or letting the ravager run around free. Mh is mt abbreviation for master haemonculus which is the plus 1 str bonus for taking urien. I am also considering to take the cronos out for another talos. I apologize for grammar errors im on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27 2013, 18:45

Urien rakarth(190)
4 grotesques w/aberration/mh/flesh gauntlet/liquifier gun/raider/:260
5 kalabite trueborns w/2 dark lances/:110
4 kalabite trueborn w/4 blasters/venom/sc/:173
3x5 kalabite warriors w/blaster/venom/sc/:375
2x10 wracks w/2 liquifier gun/acothyst/venom blade/raider/:390
2 talos w/Tl liquifier gun/:210
ravager w/night shield/:115

I moved some points around and thought about night shields and assault vehicles that will be crashing through the front line being a complete waste of points. I have enough splinter fire power to deal with anti infantry, and I have 15 dark light weapons. I know that does not meet the 1 every 100 points standard, but in my meta I believe it will be sufficient. I kept the flesh gauntlet on my aberration, so that he can challenge characters instead Urien. I thank you all for the great feedback, this list is taking shape quite well, It wont do well in tournaments where people use those uber lists, but I think this will be sufficient for local tournament and casual play.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29 2013, 14:31

good luck. Let us know how it works out!!!

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points   Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven of the angelic perversion 1850 points
Page 1 of 1