THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC Empty
PostSubject: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 06:02

with my 2k list I have decided to go full coven, I have played a few mock games with the coven units I have, and I have been presently surprised. The grots really were a nice surprise for me, they do excel against certain armies. They were absolutely beastly against my tyranid and ork buddies. Those two games pumped me up enough to charge them into some grey knights game three, lord forgive me I forgot about force weapons, but after that assault phase believe I will not ever forget them again. I know this list is lacking in the department of ranged anti-tank, but I feel as though the toughness of this list will weather a good deal of firepower.

Urien Rakarth:190
Haemonculus Ancient w/shattershard/liquifier gun/power maul/:115
2x4 grotesques w/+1 strength/aberration/flesh gauntlet/liquifier gun/raider/:520
5x3 wracks w/venom/sc/:475
4 talos w/tl liquifier gun/:420
2 cronos w/spirit probe/spirit vortex/:220

I still have 60 points left, and to provide more anti-tank I could switch the venom's to raiders no biggie.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeWed May 01 2013, 15:37

personally I feel you only ever need 1 chronos, you can easily drop that for another talos.

I would also drop 1 unit of grots and throw both haemies in there that way they are fearless base (so rakarth can make some wracks fearless instead) and you have 3 models that can accept challenges. Add in a power axe fo the ancient, and you got some AP2 goodness in there. With those saved points I would add some reavers for distruption/ line breakering

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 13:50

I think that is a lot of points to put in 1 paper plane, that would undoubtedly get shot to the ground. I also think that two raiders full of grotesques will put some extreme pressure on the front line of an army.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 16:16

First off they are grots. You have a T5 unit against S4 explosion with a 6+ 5+ FNP, and even if you take a wound, you can put it on Urien who reknits at the beginning of your turn, so shot down raider isnt that much of a problem. Add in if they get shot down, then they are walking like the rest of your assaulty stuff, so same speed again. Add in if you get first, they will already be in the opponents deployment zone where they want to be... so who cares if it explodes or not.

That being said, two squads would do the job better, but I feel your list lacks something to support the grots once you stick their necks out there, and another unit wouldnt work because thats a ton of points not in assault doing what they should be doing. Hence why I suggest reavers. They can be shooty, assaulty, or bladevaney, making them the perfect back up for your grot unit.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 20:03

Quote :
I think that is a lot of points to put in 1 paper plane, that would undoubtedly get shot to the ground. I also think that two raiders full of grotesques will put some extreme pressure on the front line of an army.
It does ive used double grots and their very tough. That said I like shadows suggestion. You have plenty of 'tough' in this list I think you'd be better of with some diversity. Also I like grots best when something killy is accompanying them. Without a combat character they can struggle with many more units.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 20:58

Brom wrote:
Quote :
It does ive used double grots and their very tough. That said I like shadows suggestion. You have plenty of 'tough' in this list I think you'd be better of with some diversity. Also I like grots best when something killy is accompanying them. Without a combat character they can struggle with many more units.

I can always switch out the hamie for a archon, which would make them more killy. I am not much for reavers, I would not be against a beast pack.

Urien Rakarth:190
Haemonculus Ancient w/shattershard/liquifier gun/power axe/:115
4 grotesques w/+1 strength/aberration/flesh gauntlet/liquifier gun/raider/:260
5x3 wracks w/venom/sc/:475
2x3 beastmasters w/5 khymerae/4 razorwing flocks/:312
5 talos w/tl liquifier gun/:525
1 cronos w/spirit probe/spirit vortex/:110
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 01:18

Im diggin everything except the HQs.. why 2 ancients (urien)? You could seriously buff all those wracks to 5 or even 3x5 + liquifiers and 2x3, if you dropped the haemie. Otherwise they could also form a full squad with double liquifiers + raider in place of one venom upgrade squad if you lose the haemie.
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 01:25

The double FoC requires two hq choices to unlock it.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 15:52

the beastpacks are interesting choice. The problem is that if you use them for support, they arent in assault where they do their best. Although they can take a ton of fire if wound allocation is used properly.'

What about scourges??? While they arent as assaulty as reavers, they do put out enough firepower to do the support in the shooting phase. If taken care of they can also be survivable as well. Plus the Grots will most likely draw most of the fire anyway.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 16:01

Shadows Revenge wrote:
Although they can take a ton of fire if wound allocation is used properly.'.

I'm at work and don't have access to the rule books, but I thought in 6ed there is no more wound allocation? In other words, the model closest to guns/smacks gets the wound first and if it dies, the second gets the next wound? Unless we're doing som LOSir!?
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 16:05

Scourge would fit in quite nicely as well, I think you may be on to something, but I have not used them before so I will go to a guide and see what is their best load-out.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeFri May 03 2013, 16:35

facelessabsalom wrote:
Shadows Revenge wrote:
Although they can take a ton of fire if wound allocation is used properly.'.

I'm at work and don't have access to the rule books, but I thought in 6ed there is no more wound allocation? In other words, the model closest to guns/smacks gets the wound first and if it dies, the second gets the next wound? Unless we're doing som LOSir!?

you are correct, but your mixing LoS plus having beastmasters take hits for anything that can instant gib a razorwing

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeSat May 04 2013, 15:01

Shadow do you have any experience with scourges, and how might you utilize them in the current list I am running.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 15:50

there are two basic ways people use Scourges. The first are as suicide squads of 5 man w/ 2 heat lances. You deepstrike them near a tank, hope you land safely and in range, and blow it up. Most likely they will die next turn, but look at it as a blessing since they are taking fire that would normally be pointed at the rest of your army.

The more conservative way is with haywire blasters, in which their job is to finish off tanks that you just stripped hull points off of. A 5 man 2/ HWB unit is good for about 1 hull point every turn, so thats a decent chance of wrecking vehicles already damaged. They normally are advanced alongside the army, normally behind something or in cover to protect them.

In reality scourges are decent, but are overshadowed by reavers every time. But I would say give them a try and see how you like them.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Hellion
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitimeMon May 06 2013, 17:27

What make scourges less effective than reavers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC   2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k coven of the angelic perversion double FoC
Page 1 of 1