THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Drukhari my first attempt.

Go down 
+2
DingWop
FaytSealsU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FaytSealsU
Slave
FaytSealsU

2k Drukhari my first attempt.   Empty
PostSubject: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 21:54

Hello all, I'm looking for some advice with this list. Goal is to be Semi-Competitive list while being fun to play and play against. I currently do not own all of the models yet and been using proxy models for what I don't have. Anything I do own will be marked with an *. I do have some questions below. Any suggestions are welcome to improve this army.

Battalion Detachment +3CP

+HQ+ = 153pts
   *Archon (Agoniser, PGL, Relic Pistol)= 61pts

Haemonculus Warlord:Master Regenerist (Flesh Gauntlet, Hexrifle, Crucible of Malidiction)= 92pts

+Court of Archon+ = 73pts
    x2 Medusae, 1 Sslyth

+Troops+ = 533pts
   *10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, PGL, Power Sword, Blaster, Dark Lance)= 112pts
   *10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, PGL, Agoniser, Blaster, Dark Lance)= 112pts
   *10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, Power Sword, Blaster, Dark Lance)= 109pts
   *10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, Agoniser, Dark Lance) = 94pts
   *10 Wyches (Hekatrix, Hydra Gauntlet, Razor Flails, Shardnet and Impaler, PGL)= 106pts

+Elites+ = 190pts
   10 Mandrakes= 190pts

+Fast Attack+ = 498pts
   10 Hellions (Helliarch, PGL)= 173 pts
   *4 Reavers (Arena Champ, Grav Talon)= 125pts
   *10 Scourges (Solarite, 4 Splinter Cannons)= 200pts

+Heavy Support+ = 127pts
   Talos (Icor Injector)

+Flyers+ = 194pts
   *Voidraven Bomber (Voidraven Missles)

+Dedicated Transport+ = 232pts
   *x2 Raider (Dark Lance, Shock Prow)= 116pts ea.

Hellions will be put in the webway with 1CP to keep them safe. 1 Transport takes Wyches to get to CC, the other carries Kablaite Warriors. I have not had trouble keeping Characters safe so far. The Army has been fun a lot of fun to play and I like most of what I got. Reavers have not done much for me other then its a unit to put down and die. The Talos is another question. Is it worth it for just 1? Or should I drop it and Reavers to add some Grotesques and a Cronos? For some reason I like the Archon and his court. The Archon alone stood up to 5 Thousand Sons Termies and won lol! it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 20:03

Couple comments:

-Reavers are not in a good spot right now, leave them at home till the codex comes out.
-I've found the melee weapons on the kablites have not made up their points. The PGL's have been great. You may want to leave the agonizer and power sword off unless you end up with a couple points to spare.
-I've not used the raiders so maybe someone else could speak in defense of them, but I really like 5 man kablite squads with a blaster in venoms. But either way I like the idea of the kablites being in an open topped vehicle rather than on foot.
-I like the scourges, but don't take the splinter cannons on them, you get more for adding more scourge then upgrading them with splinter cannons. I would consider taking them with the base shard carbines, or mixing in dark lances or blasters. I have run a 5man scourge with 4 dark lance for a longrange unit, and have run larger squads with base carbines and one or two blasters added to a squad I plan to drop 18" away from infantry that needs to get off the table.

Back to top Go down
FaytSealsU
Slave
FaytSealsU

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 02:19

Thank you for the comment. You did make some good points for me to consider and I had a question at the end.

1. Thank you I will look into what I can field for 125pts to make up for them.

2. I been back and forth on the same thing. With your comment and I am sure more would comment the same I'm going to try and see if I can spend the 16pts more wisely.

3. I was given the Raiders and had no proxy that could be use for Venoms. I have liked the Raiders so far in my army. I had the problem of them getting killed turn 1 but the troops inside usually make up for that mistake. If I had the models to proxy Venoms I would be trying them more.

4. I never thought of DL's n Scourges before cause I like to drop them in and they would be -1 to hit. I liked the Splinter Cannons mainly cause of 6 shots ea when they dropped in. I was thinking of either Shredders (-7pts and RR's to wound rolls) or Blasters. Just to give them the punch where I need them either troops or vehicles. I have DL's on warriors because they don't usually get targeted first turn and they usually not moving much in my games so I don't deal with the -1 to hit very often.

Thank you for the reply again when I figure out what to do with the pts I have available I'll post another list to gets some pointers on.
Back to top Go down
FaytSealsU
Slave
FaytSealsU

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 05 2018, 03:38

Updated list. Kept Splinter Cannons on Scourges cause I really like the 42 shots that squad can drop in with. Swapped out Talos for Cronos just to try it out with the Grotesques and Haemonculus. Probably would have helped in the first post. Armies I can play against in my local area are Thousand Son with some Tzneetch Daemons, Death Guard, Imperial Guard (or Whatever they are called now.) and various Space Marine chapters.

Kabal of the Rending Hydra 2000pts

+HQ+ = 153pts
Archon (Agoniser, PGL, Relic Pistol)= 61pts

Haemonculus Warlord:Master Regenerist (Flesh Gauntlet, Hexrifle, Crucible of Malidiction)= 92pts

x2 Medusae, 1 Sslyth

+Troops+ = 523pts
10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, PGL, Blaster, Dark Lance)= 108pts
10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, PGL, Dark Lance) = 93pts
10 Wyches (Hekatrix, PGL, Hydra Gauntlet, Razor Flails, Shardnet and Impaler)= 106pts

+Elites+ = 350pts
10 Mandrakes= 190pts
4 Grotesques= 160pts

+Fast Attack+ = 373pts
10 Scourges (Solarite, 4 Splinter Cannons)= 200pts

+Heavy Support+ = 102pts
Cronos

+Flyers+ = 194pts
Voidraven Bomber (Voidraven Missles)

x2 Raider (Dark Lance, Shock Prow)= 116pts ea.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 05 2018, 04:26

point for point, slplinter cannons are not worth it. you are better taking more scourge, giving you the same firepower and double the durability. So take 15 scourge in total. Smile The rest of the list seems pretty solid, just remember that druhkari work best inside transports.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
FaytSealsU
Slave
FaytSealsU

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07 2018, 01:18

Update to list. I like the idea of dropping the Cannons for the extra 5 guys. Thank you for the comment. I got to test out this list today and I really like it. I think this will be my main list till I get more transports for them. Thank you both for the help.

Kabal of the Rending Hydra 2000pts

+HQ+ = 150pts
  Archon (Agoniser, Relic Pistol)= 58pts

x2 Medusae, 1 Sslyth

+Troops+ = 516pts
  10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, Blaster, Dark Lance)= 105pts
  10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, Dark Lance) = 90pts
  10 Wyches (Hekatrix, PGL, 2 Hydra Gauntlet, Razor Flails)= 105pts

+Elites+ = 350pts
  10 Mandrakes= 190pts
  4 Grotesques= 160pts

+Fast Attack+ = 383pts
  10 Scourges = 140pts
  5 Scoruges = 70pts

+Heavy Support+ = 102pts
  Cronos

+Flyers+ = 194pts

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07 2018, 02:52

Few issues with this list:

FaytSealsU wrote:

Archon (Agoniser, Relic Pistol)= 58pts
  x2 Medusae, 1 Sslyth
These are fine

Quote :

Flesh Gauntlet is a really disappointing weapon - Electrocorrosive Whip is the prime option for a Haemonculus.

Quote :

+Troops+ = 516pts
  10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, Blaster, Dark Lance)= 105pts
  10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite, Dark Lance) = 90pts
  10 Wyches (Hekatrix, PGL, 2 Hydra Gauntlet, Razor Flails)= 105pts

If I understand this right the Wyches and one squad are in Raiders.

Wyches are not great, but that set up for them is OK.

Kabalites with Dark Lances in Raiders are pretty inefficient, you get more Dark Lances and more splinter shots for the same points with Ravagers and Venoms.

You also have three squads on foot. Again 10 guys with a Dark Lance is a fairly inefficient use of points compared to more Ravagers if you want Lances. Even if you want to go with Kabalites on foot why spend the points on melee upgrades, PGL and Blasters?

For the future some Venoms to transport those Kabalites would be a worthwhile investment.

Quote :

10 Mandrakes= 190pts
Are you expecting to have less drops than your opponent? Unless you think that is likely split these into two units.

Quote :

4 Grotesques= 160pts
They are reasonably resilient, but don't do much damage. Would be better with one of the Raiders.

Quote :

One of our better WWP options. A bit painful when they miss the charge out of the WWP though.

Quote :

10 Scourges = 140pts
  5 Scoruges = 70pts
If you had the Venoms that would get you all the splinter shots you need to drop the Scourges.

Quote :

Cronos
A resilient objective holding option, but really low damage output.

Quote :

Missiles are something if you have spare points. Voidraven is a good choice. Dark Scythes recommended unless you are facing a lot of T8.

Back to top Go down
FaytSealsU
Slave
FaytSealsU

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07 2018, 03:31

Thanks for the reply.

1. I been liking the Haemonculus load out so far. I understand the 6+ to get the mortal wound is unlikely to happen, its something I want to try out for a bit.

2. Yeah the Wyches go into the Raider. I plan on removing the wyches when I get enough for another Cronos. The 3 foot squads there is a reason, all the games I have played at the shop are setup for city fights. So I always have them in ruins high up and they end up not moving that much. Once I get this list finished my next move is to get a few Venoms.

3. lol no I don't. I know I have at least 4  more drops then most I play against. It was mainly just to speed up my setup. I'll split them up for now on.

4. I have noticed that and I did not know I could put them into a Raider till just now. I'm going to start trying that out next game.

5. I know I said I will use the WWP but, I never have successfully remembered to do so. They usually lure out something big on Turn 1 that kills them. I tend to kill the big guy just still have not used them properly in a game.

6. I know. I don't have any sadly Sad just the Raiders I was given.

7. I'm really liking the Cronos and want to get a 2nd one. I think they are fun when you can heal a wound off the Grotesques lol.

8. I forgot to mention the Dark Scythes were equipped. I'm really considering dropping the missiles cause they have not done much for me. Nah mainly T7 played against Magnus a couple times.
Back to top Go down
Lord Xelian
Hellion
Lord Xelian

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08 2018, 18:58

hi, i like the last changes on your list but i think that you should at least change dark lance on cabalite warriors in splinter cannons because you can't have that weapon on an unit that should move a lot.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 10:51

Lord Xelian wrote:
hi, i like the last changes on your list but i think that you should at least change dark lance on cabalite warriors in splinter cannons because you can't have that weapon on an unit that should move a lot.

While not "ideal" a moving darklance is still 30%better than a blaster in terms of damage to a multi wound target, where as a splinter cannon does less damage per point than a splinter rifle (albeit with a longer range).

I would definitely keep the dark lances. On the croons, I'm happy they are working for you, but could I recommend proxying a second one in for a few games before investing in a second, as it is highly likely you won't find the value in the second one due to their very situational abilities and (frankly) weak damage output
Back to top Go down
FaytSealsU
Slave
FaytSealsU

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2018, 02:58

Lord Xelian wrote:

Thanks to the replies.

I tried to make a list around this suggestion and I'm going to have to agree with LordSplata. I do like the damage the DL's can deal.

@LordSplata

I am definitely going to proxy it first and see. My idea is it might be more useful then the 10 Wyches as a second one gives me the option to heal the other Cronos if able to before it dies lol. The transport can go to warriors or put my grots and Haemonculus in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Drukhari my first attempt.    2k Drukhari my first attempt.   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Drukhari my first attempt.
Page 1 of 1