THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex

Go down 
+68
Burnage
sekac
Eldur
mynamelegend
Swordxart
AzraeI
The Shredder
ferrusmanus
Oaka
Lord Asvaldir
sweetbacon
Red Corsair
Cerve
Axmar
DevilDoll
velaresh
benmet
Banbaji
Skulnbonz
DarkSovereign
HERO
Vailex
fisheyes
Ripper.McGuirl
Gelmir
Grimcrimm
WrackYourBrains
krayd
Razorfate
Rodi Sikni
AlCorps
Azdrubael
albions-angel
Pippolele
Stea1k
effespwnz
Devilogical
Cavash
TheBaconPope
Kalmah
ursvamp
Alezya
Archon_91
havik110
Darklord
Yawn
The Strange Dark One
GreyArea
harlokin
Scrz
sesitos fritos
Ubernoob1
Subsanity
rtynd057
Koldan
ArchonessNabu
Count Adhemar
amishprn86
Talos
Tiax_Dalrok
dumpeal
Hanga
JRG
Denegaar
Sarcron
Kurtix
Silverglade
Barking Agatha
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 13:40

ursvamp wrote:
Gelmir wrote:
/.../ but to bring flavour. (Although I haven't got a clue on how that explains +1A for Kabalites)

Let me explain why I, personally, am really fond of the +1A for kabalites.

Thematically, I agree with you. It's a nice little extra for Kabalites and emphasises that even shooting units have some martial training, if only as a result of general life in the Dark City.

I think the issue most people have is an extra attack is just a ribbon, yet GW are treating it as though it has solved all of the issues with Kabalites.

If Kabalites got an extra attack and their guns were buffed, no one would be complaining.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 13:45

for my part, knowing the treatment GW gave to the SM captain (my friend told me it's like a running gag that there's a plethora of SM lieutenant to choose from) and then GW was messing with people like: great news everyone! a new model is coming! only to present a new lieutenant.....again and again, and always GW was ''playing'' with people.
Now, i'm pretty sure it's intentional that they talked about the extra attack for models who don't care at all and the non-existent Strats from PA.....it's like DevilDoll says....like a troll.....i'm pretty sure they are only messing with us....at least we'll see next week!
Cause again this article is nothing but wind.....no rules, not even a hint....it's more like a kick in the ants hive.
Again....it's only a feeling i have.....and i really don't know the reason why they would do that (maybe they already know that people playing this kind of game are always complaining (i'm not refering specifically to warhammer, but every ''geek'' games like Magic) and just want to throw a little bit of oil in the fire) Wink

One thing seems to be clear now is that there will be a way to mix inside the same detachment units from different sub-faction.....maybe you will only need to have at least a proper HQ to include units

DevilDoll and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 13:49

Kalmah wrote:
for my part, knowing the treatment GW gave to the SM captain (my friend told me it's like a running gag that there's a plethora of SM captain to choose from) and then GW was messing with people like: great news everyone! a new model is coming! only to present a new captain.....again and again, and always GW was ''playing'' with people.
Now, i'm pretty sure it's intentional that they talked about the extra attack for models who don't care at all and the non-existent Strats from PA.....it's like DevilDoll says....like a troll.....i'm pretty sure they are only messing with us....at least we'll see next week!
Cause again this article is nothing but wind.....no rules, not even a hint....it's more like a kick in the ants hive.
Again....it's only a feeling i have.....and i really don't know the reason why they would do that (maybe they already know that people playing this kind of game are always complaining (i'm not refering specifically to warhammer, but every ''geek'' games like Magic) and just want to throw a little bit of oil in the fire) Wink

One thing seems to be clear now is that there will be a way to mix inside the same detachment units from different sub-faction.....maybe you will only need to have at least a proper HQ to include units

dude i love you dont ever stop posting, seriously you can make the worst article ever (see what i did there? best drukhari codex EVER) seem like its interesting and hopeful ^_^

TheBaconPope likes this post

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 13:59

yes

YEEEEEEES MY FRIENDS

come back to the shadow

embrace the pessimism

Kalmah wrote:
and always GW was ''playing'' with people.

I'm with soulles on this one, the people writing these articles are so far removed from anyhing dark eldar they don't even  know the memes or the history of the army

I just want to remind everyone of the "blisteringly fast raiders" we got 3 years ago.

Last edited by AzraeI on Thu Mar 11 2021, 14:04; edited 1 time in total

Barking Agatha, DevilDoll, TheBaconPope and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:03

Kalmah wrote:
for my part, knowing the treatment GW gave to the SM captain (my friend told me it's like a running gag that there's a plethora of SM lieutenant to choose from) and then GW was messing with people like: great news everyone! a new model is coming! only to present a new lieutenant.....again and again, and always GW was ''playing'' with people.

I admire your optimism and hope that (against all odds and past trends) you're right and next week GW reveals the mass of new DE HQ models they'd been hiding up their arse the past few months.

For my part, though, I'm afraid all I see is the marketing department scraping the bottom of the barrel so much they've tunnelled out an entire subbasement.

I mean, when your second preview is highlighting the fact that the Cronos has a whole extra attack, it doesn't exactly make me hopeful about the codex having a great deal to show off.

I look forward to the next preview drawing special attention to the fact that each Dark Eldar codex will be wrapped in polythene. Or that the new Lelith model will have her very own box! Rolling Eyes

DevilDoll, TheBaconPope, AzraeI and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:07

lol just reading the title of the article even before reading the actual text i was already laughing cause i was pretty sure there would be nothing in it.
Don't get me wrong, reading that i also downgraded a little bit my expectations Wink but the thing is they never were that high so....i'm fairly new to the game so everything is still new for me and i can't compare to 5th edition.....

DevilDoll and AzraeI like this post

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:09

Dark Elf Dave wrote:
So we’re getting the +1 attack across the board which is decent. Also I really hope they have made it so we can choose a wych cult, Kabal obsession and Coven rules all in one detachment. Sounds as though that is the case.

I’m really looking forward to finding out the faction rules and the strats. Until I’ve read them all I’m going to be excited and optimistic.

I like your optimism...

...but only so I can feed on your pain when you find out that it was completely misplaced. Maybe that's why they're doing this? Just so we can feed on misery

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 Feature-what-we-do-in-the-shadows-colin

Skulnbonz, DevilDoll and TheBaconPope like this post

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:12

To be fair (and Azrael, I never left the pessimism shadows, I was just less pessimistic about some of the changes...), of course the promotional material is focusing on:

• Hellions and Chronos - our two under-bought models - because they are bad
  • PA and the Sisters box - which introduced our new models

WE know thats BS, but the 12-18 year olds who have only been playing casually for the last few years? No, all they see is that a new codex is coming out, so they had better ask their guardians to buy buy buy all the "new" stuff.

Thats not trolling:

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 48ryno
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:13

I can already see "The Best Drukhari Codex Ever" becoming a meme.
Characters which transform the way our army is played? Is the codex designed around kitbashing and gives us lots of options for wargear? The ability to have functional Hellion and beast lists? Wych Cults which had a way of dealing with vehicles?

You know, 5th edition had its problems, but it set a pretty high bar nonetheless.

Cavash and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:17

The Strange Dark One wrote:
I can already see "The Best Drukhari Codex Ever" becoming a meme.
Characters which transform the way our army is played? Is the codex designed around kitbashing and gives us lots of options for wargear? The ability to have functional Hellion and beast lists? Wych Cults which had a way of dealing with vehicles?

You know, 5th edition had its problems, but it set a pretty high bar nonetheless.

Of course it did. It was the first model and complete rules update for DE for NINETEEN YEARS!
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:20

GreyArea wrote:
and they worryingly name one of the many highly situational and 99% useless strats from our codex (pray they don't take you alive).

I really hope all this is just another terribly misjudged press release.

To be fair, ”pray they don’t take you alive” is kind of a catchphrase for the dark eldar, more than just being the name of a stratagem.

Other than that; yeah...

What I view as the failure of this article is that when the codex was announced we were told that several units would gain attacks, and that the Realspace Raiders rule would be changed in some vague, undefined way. And what this article tells us is that several units will gain an attack, that Realspace Raiders will be changed in some vague, undefined way, and that we will get some new lore, stratagems, and crusade rules (all of which was just assumed already, as it is true of each new codex).

It doesn’t bring up any of the things that will actually make-or-break the codex, and decide how excited one should be (which, to me, would be any changes to HQinteractions, and army wide special rules such as poison and power from pain). Though, to be frank, I expect they’re saving these things for the pre-order week, so I’m not surprised. But shouldn’t there at least be Something interesting to showcase?

On yhe other hand, I think it’s good to consider what the intended audience for warhammer community is. I assume it is directed to all of the fanbase, not just devoted fans of a specific faction. And this article might not be intended to stoke the excitement of us, but rather serve as a reminder of what was said 6months ago. In order to bring everyone up to speed in time for the pre-order week*.

*Though then the title of the article is a bit unfortunate, when ”Getting up to speed with the drukhari” is right there!
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:25

Count Adhemar wrote:
Dark Elf Dave wrote:
So we’re getting the +1 attack across the board which is decent. Also I really hope they have made it so we can choose a wych cult, Kabal obsession and Coven rules all in one detachment. Sounds as though that is the case.

I’m really looking forward to finding out the faction rules and the strats. Until I’ve read them all I’m going to be excited and optimistic.

I like your optimism...

...but only so I can feed on your pain when you find out that it was completely misplaced. Maybe that's why they're doing this? Just so we can feed on misery

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 Feature-what-we-do-in-the-shadows-colin

Dude you can’t feed on my pain...none of you can! You’re just not strong enough anymore!!! You have provided me with such misery and pain that my power has tripled and now I’m truly at the peak of my power I intend to overthrow Vect and expect to be named Supreme Commander on the 20th March.

Mwah ha ha ha ha

I really have feasted well these past two weeks!!!

Last edited by Dark Elf Dave on Thu Mar 11 2021, 14:27; edited 2 times in total

Cavash and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:26

To add to the point of ursvamp, they also want to incite people to join the Drukhari ranks, so everything has to be over the top when they talk about it
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:41

I really like the concept of our Crusade rules having us gain power back in Commorragh, expanding our petty little ancap corporations with hostile takeovers and forced downsizing. Realspace is where we do asset acquisitions and brand management so that we can fight the real battle back home.
I can't wait to see Games Workshop open the kimono and see if we're gonna focus on our core competencies for a good ROI, or if this is more of a dead cat bounce.
Okay, I'll stop.

More seriously: The "keep all the stratagems from Psychic Awakening!" bit was definitely a tell that the person who wrote this probably isn't a native Drukhari player, but maybe they just needed a reason to add a hyperlink to Phoenix Rising and there wasn't any more natural place to put it?

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 14:43

Filthy monkeigh describing the dark city:
Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 C00x7g10

Cavash, harlokin, TheBaconPope, Stea1k and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 15:58

Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 17:06

Looks like they finally got wind of the Psychic Awakening mistake. Now it reads:
Alongside the pick of those from the current Drukhari codex, the new codex features a whole host of new Stratagems.

Well, at least the new artwork is really nice. So there is that.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 17:17

i was going to write that down too about the correction with the PA strats.
I wasnt sure i was dreaming or this morning i was just too fuzzy....you confirm that it was indeed a mistake!
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 17:27

I guess the copywriter thought, "Well, just about everyone else got new stratagems in PA, so surely the Drukhari did too!"

The Strange Dark One and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 17:39

Looks like they finally got wind of the Psychic Awakening mistake. Now it reads:
Alongside the pick of those from the current Drukhari codex, the new codex features a whole host of new Stratagems.

well its admittedly interesting that they bothered enough to chnage it... And the artwork is indeed nice...
i feel strange... is that... GOD DAMN it is that optimism again?
Soulless Samurai, Skulnbonz, Azrael somebody dudez help me out here ^_^

Soulless Samurai and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 17:46

With regard to the new artwork, not that this is necessarily a point against it but why is the Dark City decorated with a Necron croissant ship?

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 2bcnpZr3Mnnq2QNq

WrackYourBrains
Hellion
WrackYourBrains

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 17:48

I’ve been relatively optimistic about the new book so far. With the power creep that’s been happening in the 9e codexes so far it would be seriously odd if ours were to be just a copy paste job. I’ll still be amazed if we don’t get army-specific secondaries, updated relics and updated obsessions. But I am starting to worry that they’ll make no sense and won’t bring anything useful to the table.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 18:10

DevilDoll wrote:

well its admittedly interesting that they bothered enough to chnage it... And the artwork is indeed nice...

Well, it's not the first time they changed it. Remember when it was announced that in 9th edition Overwatch will became a Stratagem? Remember when it was announced that Tau can let two units shoot overwatch by just spending 1 CP? This was made with a comment like "What a great use of a single Command Point".

When it was revealed that Tau units can shoot overwatch without spending a CP, they also conveniently removed that remark.

To me, it just seems like there is really bad communication going on behind the scenes.

Soulless Samurai wrote:
With regard to the new artwork, not that this is necessarily a point against it but why is the Dark City decorated with a Necron croissant ship?

That's not a ship, it's part of a spire. This type of architecture isn't uncommonly found in Commorragh. Heck, just look to your right. Even this website has this croissant shape displayed in its artwork.

DevilDoll likes this post

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 18:27

I was just looking through the 8th ed previews to fulfill DevilDolls wish but it seems they either cancelled the blisteringly fast raiders or I haven't found it yet

DevilDoll wrote:

I hav a feeling GW will do it for me with the next preview
Next week

DevilDoll likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11 2021, 18:31

DevilDoll wrote:

Well, it's not the first time they changed it. Remember when it was announced that in 9th edition Overwatch will became a Stratagem? Remember when it was announced that Tau can let two units shoot overwatch by just spending 1 CP? This was made with a comment like "What a great use of a single Command Point".

When it was revealed that Tau units can shoot overwatch without spending a CP, they also conveniently removed that remark.

To me, it just seems like there is really bad communication going on behind the scenes.

Honestly this ^. I'm not going to go the full-route and say they really have been hiding new hqs, but with how much we've seen of the community team not talking with the codex team, I'm hardly surprised.

Now, I really enjoy crusade, it brings a really nice narrative side to 40k that I think GW did pretty well with. The point that we're getting exciting new things is really great, I love the idea of it and how it'll function in crusade.

On the other hand... Is it a sign when the thing that excites me the most from 'TOP 5 REASONS FOR BEST CODEX EVERRR' is for the narrative gamemode, rather than interesting new rules or combinations, or armily functions that we 'should' be getting?

I'm still holding out, purely because of the same sort of pattern for the death guard codex, but it is dwindling. One of the good signs is how the necrons were treated, even if that was mainly because they were the npc faction in the current starter box. I LOVE how the cryptek arcana works for crypteks, and that's honestly just what I want for archons and haemonculi.

At least the wait will be over in a couple weeks, so fingers crossed.

Sarcron

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex   Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak Peek at New Drukhari Codex
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next