THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? Empty
PostSubject: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 18:03

A buddy of mine says: Eldar Psychic powers only work for ELDAR units not DARK ELDAR Units.

The allies matrix points to Dark ELdar and Eldar being brothers in arms. Does this mean that Dark Eldar units can now benefit from the codex powers like Guide and Doom, or just the ones that they swap out for (like Telepathy and Divination)?

Have they FAQd it? In the rulebook?

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 18:46

Yes, the Eldar Codex always speaks of Eldar units and eldar turns.
So, by RAW, it's not possible to cast fortune or guide on DE units, because they are no Eldar, but Dark Eldar units.
On the other hand, following this presumption, just doom his units and tell him it never wears of, since it lasts till the next Eldar turn, wich will never come.
[insert evil laughter here]

Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 19:45

Doom works, but Fortune and Guide don't, since those specify that they only work on codex:Eldar units.

Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 19:52

Nomic wrote:
Doom works, but Fortune and Guide don't, since those specify that they only work on codex:Eldar units.

GW included a lot of this language in the Sapce Marine FAQs, replacing "friendly Space Marine unit" with "friendly unit from Codex: Sapce Marines." But no such language is in the Eldar FAQ, and the codex just refers to the Fortune/Guide target as an "Eldar unit." So it can be argued both ways.

Given the quality of the FAQs overall, I expect this was an oversight just like the lack of Harlequin amendments in the DE FAQ. Personally I would check with my opponent before any game. I plan to just field a Doomseer.
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 20:22

The cards have no such limitations, cane we get anything similar from them? Guide wise?

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 20:59

Levitas wrote:
The cards have no such limitations, cane we get anything similar from them? Guide wise?

Yes indeed! It's even the Primaris Power for Telepathy, so you can always choose to exchange a rolled Telepathy power for it.

Prescience: Warp Charge 1; targets a single friendly unit within 12", unit can re-roll all failed to-hit rolls.

It is literally Guide with twice the range, able to target DE units.
Back to top Go down
Sendreavus
Hellion
Sendreavus

PostSubject: Re: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 04:04

Allandrel wrote:
Levitas wrote:

Yes indeed! It's even the Primaris Power for Telepathy, so you can always choose to exchange a rolled Telepathy power for it.

Prescience: Warp Charge 1; targets a single friendly unit within 12", unit can re-roll all failed to-hit rolls.

It is literally Guide with twice the range, able to target DE units.

Prescience is the primaris power for divination, not telepathy Razz But yes its awesome.
Back to top Go down
Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

PostSubject: Re: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03 2012, 09:01

Sendreavus wrote:
Prescience is the primaris power for divination, not telepathy Razz But yes its awesome.

D'oh! That's what I get for editing a post three times. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?   Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do allied Eldar Psychic powers work on DE units?
Page 1 of 1