THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion

Go down 
+25
Captain Mayhem
Lord Klar Kashton
furyan
Raucir Lustingclaw
Incubi Death
kenny3760
cox61171
theblackjackal
Tiri Rana
Archon Levitas
Sorrowshard
Baron Tordeck
Archon
Todo13
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Sky Serpent
a1elbow
xerxeshavelock
Xelkireth
adesapere
Hashmal
Local_Ork
Venkh
Saintspirit
Kinnay
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 09:06

Good god...

I haven't read your article on Chaos Daemons yet, but let me tell you that I'm impressed! This is going to be infinitely helpful for each and every aspiring Archon. Thank you so much for your hard work up to now - and most certainly from here on!

If there's something I (or others, for that matter) can help you with - spell/grammar checking, opinions, experiences - feel free to contact me at any time. Razz

Keep up this splendid work,
Kinnay

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 09:52

Agree with above, this will make for some very interesting reading. And what a job you've made! Good work indeed.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 12:26

This will be an amazing, invaluable resource.

I know eldar pretty well. Ive been playing them since RT came out.

Cant wait to see your take on them.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 13:27

I may slap Ork thingy, I've made part of Da Waaagh Tactica (as MaddaMek) few years ago...
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 14:24

Best tip for playing Eldar with True Line of Sight rules: use a 2nd Edition Avatar. That guy's as big as a Space Marine.

Thanks everyone! I'll do what I can, when I can on this. Each article takes me a bit, but it's a lot of fun.

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 17:06

Just came back home, after a long and tiring day, and finally got to reading your anti-Daemon tactica. I must say, wow. To be honest, I've never ever played against Daemons, as may other Archons, and exactly for this reason such a source of knowledge is invaluable.

Thank you so much, Hashmal!

Again, if you need any help with this...

adesapere
Hellion
adesapere

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 19:23

Hashmal,
Excellent tactical breakdown of Demons, it has impressed me due to your thoroughness as well as complementing my knowledge of how to defeat these hard foes and has alleviated some anxiety when facing the big ones like LoC or Fatey. Keep em coming!
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 19:54

I am specifically writing this with a tactical eye on having little to no experience playing against an army, or being supremely frustrated to the point of capillary explosions, so much so that learning experiences don't have a chance to sink in. I'm glad that it helps!

As I go on, I'm trying to emphasize order of operations more and more. Dark Eldar will live and die by target priority choices, as we can't soak poor choices for long. It's paramount to the Dark Eldar player that they know what's the most deadly thing their army can face and what can be safely ignored until later.

Above all, if you've never played against an army before, ask your opponent what each unit is. The last thing you want is to deploy, only to discover you just set all your vehicles up across from Long Fangs... and didn't know that they were Long Fangs until your opponent shoots.

In the spirit of further discussion, the Necron analysis is now posted. I thought that would take me less time, but I got wordy, so it took about the same amount of time.

Kinnay, I appreciate the offer! I'm keeping control over content at the moment. Please point out errors as you see them and feel free to chime in to discuss armies that you're familiar with. I'm writing so much in each one of these things that it's entirely possible I'll glaze over something that should be painfully obvious to anyone who's ever played against the army before.

As far as copyediting goes, I write for a living; this is a lot more fun than what I usually get to produce.

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 07:38

Just read through your Necron analysis as well. Awesome stuff, really.

May I suggest something, though? I like your danger ranking system, but instead of going from one to five, how about you actually placing each unit on an own rank within a codex-wide scale? For example, Codex X has 20 units; unit Y is insanely dangerous, so if it's included in the enemy's list you should shoot it first. Hence this get's the danger rank of 01/20, the highest possible. From there you just work down the list. Do you know what I mean? Razz
You did that with the Necrons already, actually. But how about inlcuding this in the other Codices as well?

One other thing: so far it seems that the best tactic against everything is to throw a huge load of splinter weaponry and darklight at it until it dies. That's good and all, but how about more... I don't know, details? Alternative strategies, maybe. If I don't have enough splinter weaponry to deal with it, what should I do then? If all my lances are gone, how should I deal with the specific unit?

Only my opinion, though. Razz

Other than that, awesome. You have my utmost respect for doing something like this.

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 07:49

I'm only half way though this, but this is amazing. When it's finished, I'll be printing this out, fixing it up in Word and printing it and putting it with the rest of my Dark Eldar tactica stuff.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 09:26

Great tactica and great reading! May I suggest though, that as it will be really, really much text, that you provide links to each part in the first ppst (I think that is possible)?

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 10:19

Uh, he did already? Just click on the bolded names of the different armies. Wink

Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 10:27

Oops. I just thought they were bolded to show that they were done. Very good then!

shamroll wrote:
Back to top Go down
xerxeshavelock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 11:45

Yeah, just read the Necron article and found it very helpful.

Voting for Orks next Smile
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 14:24

Chaos is next Smile

However, I'm doing either Orks or Eldar following.

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 14:26

My vote is Eldar. They're in my local metagame a lot.
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 15:15

Two Eldar and two Orks.

Oooo, competition! Very Happy

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 16:49

Oh, You mean YOU do the job? Sweet... Still "voting" for Orks. If you have any, ANY rules question about them PM Me.
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 17:22

Oh yes. I write everything. I rely on the community for discussion to inform and enhance the articles, but I'm doing all the grunt work.

The most frequent question I get asked is "Are Mandrakes worth it?" but only second to that and slightly less well-known is "How do I beat XYZ?" Since I've had the divine pleasure of fighting all Xs, Ys, and a handful of Zs, I'm more than happy to pass on the lessons I've learned.

Interesting note: Xs and Ys both pop up on my spellcheck as incorrect, yet Zs does not.

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 20:14

I'd be more interested in seeing your take on anti-Eldar. Necrons and Daemons are both good matchups for DE (well, Necrons for anyone), and I feel the same about the Orks. My brother-in-law plays them and in the games we've played it's been almost all DE.

Eldar worry me a lot more with their re-rollable S6 shots and Holofields, so I'd rather see them.
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 21:00

Can't blame me for starting with the easy ones. Smile

I'm leaning towards Eldar next, following Chaos. I've stuck with Codices I know very well to start, just so I get familiar with the format and the flow of the writing. Daemons are my second army, Necrons are my oldest opponent, as my college roommate played them, and I used to play CSM until I offloaded them in favor of cash for Daemons.

I have two common opponents that play Eldar and have helped develop (and fight) many a list.

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 21:45

Hashmal wins the forum.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 23:35

I vote for the Eldar to be the next explanation. Kinstrife is never a thing to discourage, and I am interested how you would rank the Eldar units in danger to the Commorite kin.

Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 00:24

4-2 Eldar vs. Orks. Voting closed!

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Hashmal
Kabalite Warrior
Hashmal

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 05:53

Chaos Space Marines posted. Eldar is next.

I has a mod piggy. pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion   Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hashmal Takes on the Universe - Discussion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next