THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked

Go down 
+65
Caldria
Omega1907
Onemeanduck
sweetbacon
Mr. Ghoti
Razorfate
Maple Tiishay
woodeg
Kinnay
Mayk0l
Mr Believer
Creeping Darkness
Slaanesh
megatrons2nd
Anterzhul
@miral
Elazar The Glorified
Sigmaril
eohall
katfude
spellcheck2001
Lord Puberis
Ciirian
clively
Izaeus
Vasara
colinsherlow
The PayneTrayn
Mushkilla
Marrath
40kScribe
Crazy_Irish
Erebus
urden93
The_Burning_Eye
The Strange Dark One
Aroban
Its_Rumble
The Yak
Jehoel
DingK
Devilogical
Panic_Puppet
hellios
Count Adhemar
ArchonVaz
Crazy_Ivan
Dalamar
Calyptra
Vael Galizur
Azdrubael
MarcoAvrelis
Grimcrimm
melkorthetonedeaf
Cavalier
Jimsolo
Trystis
TheNeonArlecchino
Evil Space Elves
Squidmaster
Tengu
Klaivex Charondyr
Rokuro
Massaen
Gobsmakked
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04 2015, 21:18

Gobsmakked wrote:
Nice, Erebus, thanks!
Welcome. I think it was @Azdrubael who linked the website originally. The nose cowls immediately stood out since, like you, I'm not too found on the little masks, over the previous version.
Back to top Go down
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 03:28

I think the Blast Haywire weapons will be the best version of a them. With the BS4 they will scatter 4" less, so if you center it on...say a Landraider, and roll the average scatter, it will move 3", and still likely hit the bloody thing. Only large scatter distances, or smaller sized vehicles will make it miss on an average roll.
Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 05:43

So is there actually going to be a codex, or only rules in White Dwarf?

I'm extrememly excited for this release, probably more than anything for 40k since... the 5th ed Dark eldar codex lol. And obviously I can't wait to field a Solitaire.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 08:35

megatrons2nd wrote:
With the BS4 they will scatter 4" less, so if you center it on...say a Landraider, and roll the average scatter, it will move 3", and still likely hit the bloody thing.
Yup. once.

Ok larger squads will mean more hits, but I'd still rather take scourges for that and load them up with spaff (sorry, I mean shuriken) cannons for lots of nice mid strength pseudo rending hits!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 08:56

megatrons2nd wrote:
I think the Blast Haywire weapons will be the best version of a them.  With the BS4 they will scatter 4" less, so if you center it on...say a Landraider, and roll the average scatter, it will move 3", and still likely hit the bloody thing.  Only large scatter distances, or smaller sized vehicles will make it miss on an average roll.

And if you're not playing against something the size of a Land Raider or Monolith there's a decent chance that you will miss completely. Small blasts and Haywire really aren't a good combo. Stick with the Shuricannons.
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 10:54

Count Adhemar wrote:
megatrons2nd wrote:
I think the Blast Haywire weapons will be the best version of a them.  With the BS4 they will scatter 4" less, so if you center it on...say a Landraider, and roll the average scatter, it will move 3", and still likely hit the bloody thing.  Only large scatter distances, or smaller sized vehicles will make it miss on an average roll.

And if you're not playing against something the size of a Land Raider or Monolith there's a decent chance that you will miss completely. Small blasts and Haywire really aren't a good combo. Stick with the Shuricannons.

Its counter-intuitive, but I think that the haywire cannon is also useful as anti-infantry in addition to anti-tank. People just see the haywire rule and immediately limit to tanks, but it can also be used against hordes and tightly packed infantry. Ultimately I think its mediocre at both rolls, at least on paper. I would want to try both options out in some games though.

Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 11:57

For a unit like that I would let it be a CC backup unit to play alongside the Reavers. A haywire blast weapon is a point sink that wont win its points back imo. I stick with the shuriken
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 15:29

Jehoel wrote:
For a unit like that I would let it be a CC backup unit to play alongside the Reavers. A haywire blast weapon is a point sink that wont win its points back imo. I stick with the shuriken

It's not just a Haywire Blaster with a small template though, but also S 6 AP 2. That can kill more than just vehicles.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 16:21

Rokuro wrote:
It's not just a Haywire Blaster with a small template though, but also S 6 AP 2. That can kill more than just vehicles.

Where did you get that from? Info I saw said S4 AP4?
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 16:32

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Rokuro wrote:

I think he's got mixed up with the Bolas thingy, which I think is S6, AP2 but one-shot only.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 18:46

And its short ranged.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 21:23

So, they come with two in a box. How many are you planing for? My wallet is already On lifesupport, so I'll make do with one box for now. There is also a codex that needs buying....
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05 2015, 21:52

I'll order 3 boxes. Already ordered 3 boxes of troupes and a solitaire.

Workaholism has occasionally some benefits. (But mostly, it sucks and is a bad, bad thing. Don't become workaholicks kids, it's no as fun or beneficial as it sounds. You feel bad all the time unless you're working hard at a job you dislike/do not find important; then you feel slightly less bad (during work)).
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 05:14

Assuming a perfectly circular target (there are none, I know), the threshold where a small blast weapon is more accurate than a non blast weapon, for a BS4 model, is a radius of 2.5 inches. Bigger, and the small blast is more accurate.

So, if a vehicle is larger than 5 inches across its average axis (midpoint between its longest and shortest axes), it's reasonable to assume that a blast will be more accurate; otherwise, it will be less accurate. It must be noted that within an inch or so of radius either way the difference is not large.

Also, I am definitely getting some Harlequins, albeit more to paint than to play!
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 09:31

Got the magazine yesterday, so been looking over the options (apparently embargoed dates mean very little to my FLGS - slightly annoying since I actually wanted the current mag, but ah well!)) Giving them all zephyrglaives (which replace the star bolas they come with as standard) and keeping the shuriken cannons on them seems like the best option to me. GW are presumably only giving you the haywire option because they want to be able to make the claim that Harlies are a functioning, standalone faction in their own right - which is clearly not how most people are going to use them - and means buying the book would be a really good idea $$$ Rolling Eyes

The zephyrglaive gives them plus one strength and AP2 on the charge, so coupled with Furious charge each bike is getting four attacks at strength five and AP2, presumably well before whatever they're charging gets a chance to swing. Then they can hit and run and do it again if the enemy hasn't already been minced. A unit of three or four should be a good harassment/vanguard unit. Shining Spears are even more dead in the water than they already were as a result of these guys coming along...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 09:37

Mr Believer wrote:
The zephyrglaive gives them plus one strength and AP2 on the charge, so coupled with Furious charge each bike is getting four attacks at strength five and AP2, presumably well before whatever they're charging gets a chance to swing.

Unless the target is in cover...
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 20:09

I think its save to say the starweaver (will that be the name?) harlequin transport is nicely illustrated on the instruction manual of the trouper box!
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 21:25

SEXY SWEET!
Back to top Go down
Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 22:16

I think I'm the only person on the internet who likes the faces on the jet bike canopy
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06 2015, 22:42

I like them too, Trys. Especially now that we know that they can pop up to reveal targeting equipment underneath them. I always though the full face canopies were a bit over the top and I like having some blank space for painting designs and whatnot.

I don't see anything like this in the photos, but it says "Also included are 2 clear canopies that can be glued on to completely enclose the cockpit, or used to just cover the lower section." I wonder if that's a typo. It sounds like they're describing the canopies that come with Venoms, but I can't figure out where such a thing would be attached to a Skyweaver.

Is there going to be another vehicle called a Starweaver, or was that just confusion over the name of the jetbikes? I hope they're still getting another vehicle. I wonder why they haven't put the Venom in the Harlequin list on the store. Maybe they're waiting for the rulebook.
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 11:24

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Rokuro wrote:

From colinsherlow. I realized he meant Star Bolas by now. Embarassed
On what is basically a non-blast missile, S 6 AP 2 sadly doesn't mean much. Crying or Very sad

Sorry for the late reply, btw.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 12:31

Trystis wrote:
I think I'm the only person on the internet who likes the faces on the jet bike canopy

I like them too. I think its one of the coolest damn kits GW's ever put out. Watched a video on the Harlie sprues yesterday as well. WOW super customizable... there's like 14 face plates and the legs go into the torso like a fantasy model (socket in the torso) so you can rotate the body to any angle you like. Insane kit... might have to run some of these as-is instead of making Corsair equivallents.... well maybe I'll do both Razz
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 12:59

Quote :
I like them too. I think its one of the coolest damn kits GW's ever put out
And im with you.
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior
Grimcrimm

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 18:35

I can't stand the one use only plasma cannon they get passing it up for a zephyr glaive everyday so they can actually kill in melee.... or at all

Last edited by Grimcrimm on Sat Feb 07 2015, 18:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07 2015, 18:36

Well if you are gonna make your coolest damn kits, it makes sense to save it for Harlequins jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next