THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked

Go down 
+65
Caldria
Omega1907
Onemeanduck
sweetbacon
Mr. Ghoti
Razorfate
Maple Tiishay
woodeg
Kinnay
Mayk0l
Mr Believer
Creeping Darkness
Slaanesh
megatrons2nd
Anterzhul
@miral
Elazar The Glorified
Sigmaril
eohall
katfude
spellcheck2001
Lord Puberis
Ciirian
clively
Izaeus
Vasara
colinsherlow
The PayneTrayn
Mushkilla
Marrath
40kScribe
Crazy_Irish
Erebus
urden93
The_Burning_Eye
The Strange Dark One
Aroban
Its_Rumble
The Yak
Jehoel
DingK
Devilogical
Panic_Puppet
hellios
Count Adhemar
ArchonVaz
Crazy_Ivan
Dalamar
Calyptra
Vael Galizur
Azdrubael
MarcoAvrelis
Grimcrimm
melkorthetonedeaf
Cavalier
Jimsolo
Trystis
TheNeonArlecchino
Evil Space Elves
Squidmaster
Tengu
Klaivex Charondyr
Rokuro
Massaen
Gobsmakked
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 16:46

I don't rate the prism cannon at all... I think it's massively underwhelming
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 16:49

Quote :
All they needed to do was add an HQ choice

Everyone would just take said HQ, 2 min sized troop and multiple of Shadowseers to have Veil of Tears across the meta. Not a good thing.

Quote :
I don't rate the prism cannon at all... I think it's massively underwhelming

Well Void Weaver is kinda strange. It has one good side however - every blast weapon gets a massive bonus when you are running hit and run units. After hit n run enemy units clumped so close and nothing they can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 17:00

Azdrubael wrote:
Well Void Weaver is kinda strange. It has one good side however - every blast weapon gets a massive bonus when you are running hit and run units. After hit n run enemy units clumped so close and nothing they can do about it.

Nice one, didn't even remotely think about that fact.

If I'm gonna be taking a Masque detachment for more freedom on how I use my shadowseers, I'll need the voidweaver to at least give something more than just being a tax. So I'll always be upgrading to the prism cannon as it's miles better than the haywire cannon imo. We have much better platforms for haywire as DE.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 17:01

Azdrubael wrote:
Hadn't considered this! They do get consolidation but it may not be enough.
Interesting battle-plan...
jocolor
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 19:00

Massaen wrote:
The glaives make them insanely good assault units when taken in 4-6 models!

4 Attacks at WS5, S5, AP2 with I6 is fantastic on a fast platform. The grenades thing is the only issue but the DJ seems purpose built to sort that out. 4 of them will maul most units into dust in 2 rounds of combat max and 6 will see them 1 turn even large meq or teq units.

You're right. I misinterpreted the Zephyr Glaive as being just a Power Lance under a different name, but it actually has better AP. And I didn't take Furious Charge into account.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 20:48

I plan on giving the bikes a shot. Don't really want to take the whole formation to get all the cool characters or the masque detachment. But I might give it a try. Not all the harlie units have to be in starweavers. 10-12 harlies on foot and a shadowseer wouldn't be a bad idea. I would jist take 2-3 seers in the list to make sure i get enough dice. Veil of tears would make a good camping/counter assault unit or it would make it fairly easy for them to make it across the board. I think in conjunction with Dark Eldar or Eldar you can make them work well. Harlies give DE/CWE fast assault, while DE/CWE add fire power and mobility.  
I am not saying that they are the best choice, but I think they might be able to work well.  I will have to discover this by playing the crap out of them.
I think Death Jesters have a place and could be very useful is a lot of situations.
I am excited to try harlies out. Not sure what to expect, but only time and vigorous playing will tell

I might consider the bike/weaver formation.  Anybody know if the formation re-rolls cover saves? Or is it just jink saves?

I play both CWE and DE so adding some harlies is almost a must for my collection.

Last edited by colinsherlow on Mon Feb 23 2015, 20:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omega1907
Hellion
Omega1907

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 20:52

Quote :
The Wings of Faolchú: If you decide to jink with a unit in this Formation, you can re-roll failed cover saves for that unit.

So yes, you can re-roll cover saves, but only after you jinked.
Back to top Go down
Mayk0l
Hellion
Mayk0l

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27 2015, 22:46

One question on the troupe master. One of the reviews i read said he can't take any of the harlequin weapons, only the power sword.
Is this true? the dataslate entry specifically says that any model can upgrade to harlequin specific items, not just the players.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27 2015, 22:49

Mayk0l wrote:
One question on the troupe master. One of the reviews i read said he can't take any of the harlequin weapons, only the power sword.
Is this true? the dataslate entry specifically says that any model can upgrade to harlequin specific items, not just the players.

Embrace, Kiss and Caress are available to 'any model'. The Power Sword is available only to the Troupe Master.
Back to top Go down
Mayk0l
Hellion
Mayk0l

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27 2015, 22:56

Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks for clearing it up!

Good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21