THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked

Go down 
+65
Caldria
Omega1907
Onemeanduck
sweetbacon
Mr. Ghoti
Razorfate
Maple Tiishay
woodeg
Kinnay
Mayk0l
Mr Believer
Creeping Darkness
Slaanesh
megatrons2nd
Anterzhul
@miral
Elazar The Glorified
Sigmaril
eohall
katfude
spellcheck2001
Lord Puberis
Ciirian
clively
Izaeus
Vasara
colinsherlow
The PayneTrayn
Mushkilla
Marrath
40kScribe
Crazy_Irish
Erebus
urden93
The_Burning_Eye
The Strange Dark One
Aroban
Its_Rumble
The Yak
Jehoel
DingK
Devilogical
Panic_Puppet
hellios
Count Adhemar
ArchonVaz
Crazy_Ivan
Dalamar
Calyptra
Vael Galizur
Azdrubael
MarcoAvrelis
Grimcrimm
melkorthetonedeaf
Cavalier
Jimsolo
Trystis
TheNeonArlecchino
Evil Space Elves
Squidmaster
Tengu
Klaivex Charondyr
Rokuro
Massaen
Gobsmakked
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2015, 04:44

When someone gets the Starweaver, can they please take a picture of it next to a Venom? I would love to see what it looks like in comparison.

I know its slightly different but I am wondering if you can get one of those and just magnetize guns to switch between Starweaver/Voidweaver/Venom
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2015, 05:24

Izaeus wrote:
Has anyone seen the point cost for the ss and dj?

You can see the images on the Splintermind Facebook page (*shameless plug):
https://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18 2015, 13:47

Oh man, those new pics of the Death Jester and Shadowseer look AMAZING.

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 08:07

Someone on warseer has the codex.

Unfortunately the masque is the only detachment available to them.

Quote :
BB: Eldar and Dark Eldar
Conv: Imperium and Tau
Desperate: Orks
Apoc: everything else

You can't use the CAD or Allied detachment (because we have no HQ) so yes, only formations and masque detachment

The special bonuses for the masque detachment are:
Quote :
Emissary of Cegorach (reroll Harlequins traits) & run/charge from turn 2

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 09:03

I thought it was webway walker?

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 12:26

Azdrubael wrote:
I thought it was webway walker?

No webway walker is a warlord trait.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 20:02

So now that the new SS and DJ are up for preorder (along with the glorious one click collection), the old ones got their name appended with "(classic)" so it seems like we're keeping those Smile

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 20:32

I really hope so... for one I do not understand why go plastic and multiple parts if you are going to make them monopose and for the other the models look quite similar and Im not sure if they deserve a 50% price increase.
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 20:34

Love the codex. Nice pictures jocolor

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 21:40

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
I really hope so... for one I do not understand why go plastic and multiple parts if you are going to make them monopose and for the other the models look quite similar and Im not sure if they deserve a 50% price increase.

Plastic is cheaper than resin after all. Together with the price increase, GW is making twice the profit.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 22:15

Rokuro wrote:
Klaivex Charondyr wrote:

Plastic is cheaper than resin after all. Together with the price increase, GW is making twice the profit.

The second plastic model is cheaper to produce but the first one is thousands of times more expensive as you need to create a steel mold rather than the rubber ones used for resin.

Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20 2015, 22:45

I try to justify the price increase in my own mind by considering that the quality of their models has dramatically increased as well, along with the addition of extra bits. I was pretty surprised that the Shadowseer includes a shuriken pistol and a neuro disruptor. I mean, we can whine about limited poses, but the new poses are pretty excellent and all of parts in the whole harlequin line are interchangeable, on top of the fact that they're plastic now which is easier to modify.

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 00:29

Anterzhul wrote:
So now that the new SS and DJ are up for preorder (along with the glorious one click collection), the old ones got their name appended with "(classic)" so it seems like we're keeping those Smile

"While stocks last", I wonder?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 05:16

Gobsmakked wrote:
Anterzhul wrote:

Weren't they "out of order" before the new ones came out?

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Anterzhul
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 09:36

The machines needed for plastic (injection molding) are also relatively expensive

Gobsmakked wrote:
Anterzhul wrote:

GW site for me says 'out of stock'/temporarily unavailable. No such notion as while stock lasts

Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 12:38

According to WD Daily, this weeks WD issue contains an article on fielding an army of all kinds of Eldar together. I didn't have a chance to pick up my copy yet, and won't for a while... Anyone else care to shed some light on the matter?
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 14:25

No idea myself, but it's probably just an unbound army of Eldar, DE and Harlies
Back to top Go down
gruyere
Slave
gruyere

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 18:43

Is it just me or do the skyweavers suck? They are somewhat tanky but considering reavers are so much cheaper I don't see why you'd run them

Skyweavers x3 is around 150 points with 0 upgrades
Reavers x6 w/ 2x CC and 2x Heatlances are 146 points

The Skyweavers have 6 wounds total, 3 attacks base and +1 from charge, at all points in the game they will do 12 attacks at S4 on the charge. Additionally, they will get 3 Hammer of Wrath attacks at S4

The Reavers also have 6 wounds total, 2 attacks base (one from two weapons) and at turn 4 have furious charge. They also have access to combat drugs, and with cluster caltrops they do 2D6 S6 hammer of wrath hits. So we have 2-12 S6 attacks w/ Rending, 4 S4 hammer of wrath attacks with Rending and 18 S3 attacks on the charge, with the attacks being S4 if it is past turn 4.

Skyweavers have a 4/5++ invul save, reavers do not. This is very relevant against ignores cover. Skyweavers also have Star Bolas, a one use S6 AP2 Blast weapon, which I suppose is good for TEqs? But you only have 3 at 12 inch range with the crappy blast template, when Reavers have 2 permanent heat lances which I think are better in the long run. They can replace the bolas with zephyrglaives, giving them S4 Ap2 attacks on the charge, so I suppose they are better against TEqs? But I think reavers still have that advantage due to having rending attacks...

The main benefit of having skyweavers over reavers would be their shuriken catapults? However I feel on a bike unit that typically jinks (tho skyweavers do have 4+/5++ saves) you may as well be giving the shooting role to your venoms. I just dont really understand this unit

EDIT: Furious charge and rage mixup yoiyoiyoi

Last edited by gruyere on Sat Feb 21 2015, 19:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 19:07

Furious charge adds +1 Strength btw.

But yeah I agree, I don't ever see myself taking skyweavers over reavers. Also in the masque detachment I'll always just take 2 starweavers in the fast attack slots instead, having the only tax being a voidweaver and maybe more troupe's than I'd originally have wanted.

The voidweaver isnt that great, but it's not terrible I guess - but I'm always gonna replace the haywire cannon with the mini fireprism gun.

On another note, I don't get the point of the haywire cannon. It will generally still only get one hit, except it's less accurate than the haywire blasters we have. Sure you could get a good scatter in between two vehicles but that's more often than not, not going to happen. Unless I'm missing something?
Back to top Go down
gruyere
Slave
gruyere

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 19:17

Oops, I always mix up furious charge and rage.

Yeah the voidweaver is confusing as well. The aft cannon seems totally useless unless your voidweaver is in the middle of the enemy forces in which case why is your voidweaver in the middle of the enemy forces. The prismatic cannon is fairly good, but as you said the haywire cannon is really questionable, I don't see a reason I would ever take it over haywire blasters since normal blast templates are just awful.

The starweaver isnt bad? Its like a venom with shuriken guns, 6 passengers and a 4++ invul for a turn. Only 5 more points than a double cannon venom, so it's fair. Problem is all the formations need you to run other stuff. Your idea of taking the starweavers for the fast attack choices is good but I think the masque detachment is too much of a point sink. I'm personally gonna play around with company of actors and a WWP, drop them in and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 19:19

Yeah I agree fully, Company of Actors and Heroes Way are the only 2 formations that interest me so far. The masque was just if I wanted to have a couple shadowseers in the list, Veil of Tears and that shrouded/stealth power is great for almost anything in our army.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 19:26

Ciirian wrote:
When someone gets the Starweaver, can they please take a picture of it next to a Venom? I would love to see what it looks like in comparison.

Just found this pic on El Descanso del Escriba, which I am not able to link directly to for some reason, so here is the page for it:

http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.ca/2015/02/comparativa-de-tamanostarweaver-vs-venom.html

There is actually a significant size difference, and style, it is an entirely new model with no carryover of chassis or body panel parts.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 19:47

Gobsmakked wrote:
Ciirian wrote:

Just found this pic on El Descanso del Escriba, which I am not able to link directly to for some reason, so here is the page for it:

http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.ca/2015/02/comparativa-de-tamanostarweaver-vs-venom.html

There is actually a significant size difference, and style, it is an entirely new model with no carryover of chassis or body panel parts.

Aha! For once, my size calculations were correct. lol

And can't you take Starweavers as dedicated transports in the Company of Actors formation?

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 19:49

There's nothing that says you can't, however, a minimum size troupe is 5 models. Then the SS and DJ have to be a part of it and can never leave, which makes the unit 7 models. - which obviously can't fit in the starweaver.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21 2015, 20:13

Caldria wrote:
There's nothing that says you can't, however, a minimum size troupe is 5 models. Then the SS and DJ have to be a part of it and can never leave, which makes the unit 7 models. - which obviously can't fit in the starweaver.

Damn. They're making it really hard for us, aren't they? I thought that the Shadow Seer and Death Jester had to be together, but the Troupe could be a separate unit. Argh. Ok, now I see why so many of you are so ticked about the formations. LOL

> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked   Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harlequins release in early 2015? - February 3, Skyweaver jetbike rules leaked
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next