THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pt Tournament List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

1850pt Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 07:46

I don't play as much as I want to (who does?) but I will for sure be going to a couple of tournaments this year.  I am hoping this list will let me plow through the competition.  Plus, I am not the fastest painter, but would love to get a head start.

Please let me know what you guys think of the list.

Dark Eldar CAD w/ Eldar Allies

HQ
Haemonculus, Scissorhands- 80
Autarch, Fusion Gun- 80

EL
x5 Fire Dragons- 110

TR
x5 Warriors, Venom- 105
x5 Warriors, Venom- 105
x5 Warriors, Venom- 105
x10 Storm Guardians, x2 Fusion, Serpent w/ Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon- 240

FAST
Razorwing, Lances, Cannon- 150
Razorwing, Lances, Cannon- 150
Venom- 65

HVY
Wraithknight- 240

Grotesquerie Formation
Haemonculus, Scissorhands- 80
x3 Grotesques, Raider w/ Lance, Sails- 170
x3 Grotesques, Raider w/ Lance, Sails- 170

TOTAL 1850

I like to think I have all of the bases covered.  I have Anti-Tank, Anti-Infantry, some Anti-Flier, and some pretty good CC elements.  I think I can manage and not be overwhelmed by the most competitive builds (5 Tyrants, Adamantium Lance, Drop Pod Marines, Serpent Spam) but still will need to play well and roll well to beat those lists.  

So please let me know if I have overlooked something, or if you think I am lacking in one department or the other.  Appreciate any and all comments.
Back to top Go down
Javorra
Hellion
Javorra

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 11:01

I think you are too light on AT (AI is never a problem for DE...).
On T1 you would only have 2 lances that probably won't shoot (if you give them sails they would turbo boost, right?) and the knight, and then all your AT would rely on fusion guns and planes but with few problems.
Both dragons and guardians (with autarch i guess) would have 18" range for melta (plus running, but I never count that, a roll of 1 won't give you much range...) and than stay footslogged in the middle of nowhere. 18" is the range of blasters standing still on their transport...
I usually field dragons only paired with a wwp archon, just to be sure to annihilate their target, alone on a venom it's a risk with scattering if DSing them, or if starting on the field they will have a big sign saying "hello, i'm going to blow up your tanks, if you do not blow me up first"

Also, lots of tournaments will allow only 1 or 2 cad/formations, if you plan to keep the same list for casual and tourney you'd rather not field DE+CWE+Coven but only 2 of them.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04 2015, 18:40

The tournament I am going to allows the above list so the restrictions on the build doesn't matter.

I do understand the first turn shooting for AT is light. The Knight, the serpent, and a couple Raider shots (which probably wont be used) is light. However, I feel my AI is very heavy and can knock off some units before being able to strike back.

I have not tried the Dragons in a Venom to DS them, but if I scatter off target and cannot shoot with them inside the Venom, getting out 6'' and with the run roll (with the fleet reroll) allows for a pretty reliable AT unit. I will be pairing up the Autarch with the Guardians as another AT source. 3 Meltas in there will be able to do some work. Yes they have to get close, but so is the boon of Melta guns.

My list is set up for a devastating Turn 2, the opposite of how I have played DE in the past. The Razorwings, Dragons, Grotesques, and the Knights should all be in prime position to do something and hurt the opponent rather badly. Not to mention the 4 Venoms that potentially are still alive.

The list is far from perfect. I am not a fan of Ravagers anymore as losing Aerial Assault has hurt in al the games I have played thus far. What is the list lacking outside of multiple reliable AT threats (which I don't consider to be terrible)?

Appreciate the comments Javorra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pt Tournament List
Page 1 of 1