THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pt Tournament List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

1850pt Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSat May 30 2015, 18:52

So it has been a long time since I have posted.  Real life has really put the pressure on and hobbying and finishing those Battle Reports simply have not been able to happen.  I have been able to cram some time in to paint a few new models and am preparing to go to the Bugeater GT in Omaha, NE next week.  

Here is the list I am bringing.  I would appreciate any comments or worries you have on the list and things that will potentially ruin my plans for back-to-back-to-back top 4 finishes.

Dark Eldar CAD
Llhamaean- 10pts
x5 Warriors, Venom- 105pts
Razorwing Jetfighter, Cannon, Lances- 150pts
Raider, Lance- 60pts

Eldar Allies
Autarch, Fusion Gun, Scorpion Chainsword, Banshee Mask- 88pts
x5 Jetbikes, x5 Scatter Lasers- 135pts
x5 Wraithguard- 160pts

Grotesquerie Formation
Haemonculus, Syndriqs Sump, Scissorhand- 90pts
x3 Grotesques, Raider- 160pts
x3 Grotesques, Raider- 160pts

Aspect Formation
x6 Fire Dragons, Exarch, Serpent w/ TL-Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon- 267pts
x6 Swooping Hawks, Exarch- 106pts
x7 Warp Spiders, Exarch w/ TL-Spinner- 148pts

Basic Plan:
Autarch and Haemonculus each ride with one of the Grotesque Squads.  Wraithguard snag the Raider and either DS or stay on the board to hunt Knights or other big bad things.  The other units really do what they are good at.  AT and AI are rather aplenty with all of the multiple units I have.  I am weak on Anti-Flyer by only having 1 of my own but I think the Serpent, and the Spiders can help as well.  Not to mention, it could only take one shot from the Wraithguard.

Let me know what you think!  Tournament starts next Saturday!
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSat May 30 2015, 20:14

List looks good. The lack of AA could be a little concerning, but then again I tend to take 2 raziewings and that doesn't make a huge difference.  I am debating on changing one wing into a crimson hunter exarch for reliable AA?...  Back to your list.

It looks like a lot of fun and could do well especially in the hands of a skilled player (like you).  Don't forget the wave serpent is a part of the aspect host and so receives the +1bs for the formation ;-)
You have solid units. Haven't waisted any points on pointless upgrades. Have good heavy AT  and great AI/medium AT.  Lots of fast units and an autarch in case playing the reserve game
Is your better option.  I have recently tried 2 units of 3 bikes with shuriken cannons and loved them so far. They are great and not op like people like to bitch about.  I would use scatter except I do not have any built that way so will stick with shuriken cannons for now.  I would like your see the wraith guard with a WWP, but can't see where the points would come from.  But it probably isn't that necessary when mounted in a raider. I am glad to see hawks in your list. They have been and very fun rewarding unit for me to play. Their haywire with 18" move makes them extra awesome when needed along with their haywire against planes, DS, ignore cover blasts etc... Love this unit.
I have used Grots a few times and originally had them with WWP's, but changed to Raiders because they can hit sooner and are tough enough to not care if their raider explodes. I want to hear your opinions on them after the tournament. I love Aberrations with an agoniser as they tend to butcher units if that is the Grot units intentions. Your Grot build seem to look like a tough speed bump that could easily deal with not dedicated combat unit or small combat units with relative ease. Which I think is usually the better option as they are cheaper and you can then get more toys.

How many people at this event? I am looking forwards to hopefully hearing about the tournament.  Not even as battle reports, but just about how you thought your army plays against certain matchups and what you would consider changing in future matchups.

It's good to see you back on the forums.  I might actually post my list to see what your thoughts are soon. Going to a GT in July
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun May 31 2015, 23:17

The Crimson Hunter is very good Anti-Flyer and suggest switching a Razorwing for one if you have the points. I would highly suggest the Exach upgrade as BS 5 is so very good and the 5+ Precision Shots comes in handy. I was in the minority but I found the Star Cannons to be better than the Bright Lances, but would only switch if you have enough heavy AT.

The Serpent getting +1 BS is money, I have been playing it with it and the TO has also said it as well. I have tried the 2 smaller Jetbike squads with Lasers, but do not like the lack of durability nor the lack of killing power. 5 I have found can point and click 5 man Tac Squads away, AV11 or 10 off the board with a single volley. Plus they need 2 casualties to cause a LD check. I have a squad with Cannons, but are going with the Lasers for the range and backfield objectives mostly. I definitely see merit in Cannons and the lack of fuss from my opponents!

I like the Guard in the Raider for 2 reasons. One, the added protection from the Raider acts as a great buffer for them forcing opponents to shoot at the Raider before the Guard. Two, I would need to babysit them with an HQ and I do not want to drop the Grotesquerie for that HQ babysitter nor do I want to leave my Grotesques without a character.

Hawks have been hit or miss with me. I always enjoy the large blast Ignores Cover Grenade Pack. But, they usually die the turn they come in. I have not used their fly over attack yet, but am hoping I can at the tournament. I have first turn assaulted a Knight who deployed at the 24'' line and got into CC with them at the top of turn 1 due to that 18'' movement.

Grotesques have been straight money for me. 3 seems to be a sweet spot for me. Small enough for people to write off and very point efficient. They kill things very well and with the Formation will be Fearless so they can stick around. I usually launch one of them at the enemy and their backfield and keep one at midfield to force opponents to make decisions.

In years passed it has been as little as 45-50 but as high as 64; so a good number of people. Plus, some of the internet personalities come out and I have played them so it is always good to beat those guys and see what they say about the games! I will say, hands down this is the best ran and most fun tournament I have ever been to. The price, location, prize support, terrain, all of it is top notch.

I will most definitely report on the tournament and do brief reports.

I am concerned about the new Eldar and the return of the Str. 6 spam as that does not bode well for my army. Knights are always a concern, but I feel like I have mitigated them as a problem as much as I can without hurting my own list. I know nothing about the Skitarii but that they have ab unch of funky rules but have never faced them. And my nemesis AV13 Necrons scares me a bit because I never seem to beat them!

I will let you know how it goes! Appreciate the comments as always and throw that list up I am anxious to see what it looks like!
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 22:53

How did the tournament go
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10 2015, 23:37

I placed 4th out of 40!

I will give a brief synopsis of each game on the Realspace Raids section
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt Tournament List   1850pt Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pt Tournament List
Page 1 of 1